Signature Senior Lifestyle
Happiness score is 63 out of 100
View all Signature Senior Lifestyle reviews

Signature Senior Lifestyle

Signature Senior Lifestyle Employee Review

Must be amazing to live there but working is another story

Constant changes in management. Don't seem to have time to speak to the residents and everything is rushed and regimented. I felt like I was in a prison when I worked here.

Pros

Rewarding work

Cons

At the expense of your whole life

2.0 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Same role

Stressful, low staff, no time for proper care

Working for signature is not for the faint hearted. I have worked in a number of care homes but have never encountered a workload like the one imposed in this home. All staff employed on the dementia unit are overworked and stressed. Expectations of staff are unrealistic. Staffing levels are too low to provide SAFE care for residents and this includes a lack of staff to watch residents who’s care needs are not being met to ensure that they are safe. Staff rarely have time to take breaks but are deducted breaks regardless of if they have been taken. Staff are frequently running over shifts in order to do their notes which they don’t have time for and which they are not paid to do either. Exhausted staff at the end of a busy shift neither have the time or inclination to do this as a result handovers are poor. As employers signature need to take a good long hard look at how they treat their staff on a day to day basis. If staff continue to be overworked and stressed they will not be able to provide the level of care the residents pay so much for. This is a beautiful home and could provide so much more with just one or two extra staff on a shift. I handed in my notice with all of my concerns. Staff turnover is a huge indicator of the poor working conditions. It honestly made me physically ill to work here.

Pros

Free food(if you have the time)

Cons

Long hours, literally running from one person to another.

14 November 2022
Hello, thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We're really sorry to hear about your bad experience. We would like to learn more about your specific situation and make things right. We would greatly appreciate the opportunity to discuss this further with you. If you want to contact us, please email marketing@signaturesl.co.uk.
Same role

A great place to work

I have worked for this company for a number of years and thoroughly enjoy my job. The company/management are very supportive in relation to worklife balance and are always on hand to listen. I am able to progress my career if I wish to and I am always kept up to date with necessary training and company news. The Reminiscence team (Dementia) are a great team to work with and we all support each other. The Management team area always on hand to help out if needed. My direct line Manager operates an open door policy to all staff, residents and families.

Pros

Great team Supportive management Good benefits/holidays Training courses available for all staff

17 February 2022
Thank you for your lovely feedback, we are always delighted to hear from our amazing colleagues! I am so glad you enjoy your role at Beaconsfield alongside the supportive management team and progression opportunities! Thank you for your hard work. We wish you all the very best in your career with us!
Same location

Bad work culture, made to feel like a burden.

Pay and hours are fair, but work culture was poor enough to cause me to leave.Unnessecary rudeness and disrespect are commonplace amongst team members and from management. This was experienced by others I know and another person who quit because of this.This was my first care role, and I was made to feel like a burden, despite my best efforts.It was a shame because I fell in love with the residents. On the upside, facilities are nice and the building is beautiful and well-maintained.

Pros

Free lunches, fair pay, hours, nice surroundings

Cons

Bad morale, management

6 January 2022
Thank you for leaving us your feedback, we are sorry to hear about your experience. We would be keen to talk to you to understand more about what has happened. Please can you email Leigh Horn leigh.horn@signaturesl.co.uk our Recruitment Project Manager so that we can find out more about your experience.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Signature Senior Lifestyle. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.3 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare Signature Senior Lifestyle with

• Signature Senior Lifestyle
  • Must be amazing to live there but working is another story
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?