Signature Senior Lifestyle
Happiness score is 63 out of 100
View all Signature Senior Lifestyle reviews

Signature Senior Lifestyle

Signature Senior Lifestyle Employee Review

Stressful, low staff, no time for proper care

Working for signature is not for the faint hearted. I have worked in a number of care homes but have never encountered a workload like the one imposed in this home. All staff employed on the dementia unit are overworked and stressed. Expectations of staff are unrealistic. Staffing levels are too low to provide SAFE care for residents and this includes a lack of staff to watch residents who’s care needs are not being met to ensure that they are safe. Staff rarely have time to take breaks but are deducted breaks regardless of if they have been taken. Staff are frequently running over shifts in order to do their notes which they don’t have time for and which they are not paid to do either. Exhausted staff at the end of a busy shift neither have the time or inclination to do this as a result handovers are poor. As employers signature need to take a good long hard look at how they treat their staff on a day to day basis. If staff continue to be overworked and stressed they will not be able to provide the level of care the residents pay so much for. This is a beautiful home and could provide so much more with just one or two extra staff on a shift. I handed in my notice with all of my concerns. Staff turnover is a huge indicator of the poor working conditions. It honestly made me physically ill to work here.

Pros

Free food(if you have the time)

Cons

Long hours, literally running from one person to another.

2.0 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

14 November 2022
Hello, thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We're really sorry to hear about your bad experience. We would like to learn more about your specific situation and make things right. We would greatly appreciate the opportunity to discuss this further with you. If you want to contact us, please email marketing@signaturesl.co.uk.

Same role

Must be amazing to live there but working is another story

Constant changes in management. Don't seem to have time to speak to the residents and everything is rushed and regimented. I felt like I was in a prison when I worked here.

Pros

Rewarding work

Cons

At the expense of your whole life

A great place to work

I have worked for this company for a number of years and thoroughly enjoy my job. The company/management are very supportive in relation to worklife balance and are always on hand to listen. I am able to progress my career if I wish to and I am always kept up to date with necessary training and company news. The Reminiscence team (Dementia) are a great team to work with and we all support each other. The Management team area always on hand to help out if needed. My direct line Manager operates an open door policy to all staff, residents and families.

Pros

Great team Supportive management Good benefits/holidays Training courses available for all staff

17 February 2022
Thank you for your lovely feedback, we are always delighted to hear from our amazing colleagues! I am so glad you enjoy your role at Beaconsfield alongside the supportive management team and progression opportunities! Thank you for your hard work. We wish you all the very best in your career with us!
Same role

It was a great place to work

I worked for signature back in 2015, I worked with the company for two years and I can honestly say it’s a care company that actually delivers when it says they provide person centred care. They allocate staffing levels based one the service users needs rather than the legal requirement. Staff were offered great support by their floor managers and work was always delegated fairly. Staff were listened to when they asked for support or advice. I can say after working for a signature company, you truly understand what it is to provide the best quality of care. Working in other companies after signature can be frustrating because you can see the potential for the care home but due to the lack of priority on residents and staff needs, other company’s fall short massively.

Pros

Great atmosphere.

Cons

Long hours but rewarding.

14 May 2021
Thank you for leaving us your feedback even though you left years ago, we must of made a great impression on you! It is so true what you say about the staffing levels, we want to ensure that our residents get the best person centered care and we can only do this with the right amount of staff in place. All the best in your career.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Signature Senior Lifestyle. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.3 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare Signature Senior Lifestyle with

• Signature Senior Lifestyle
  • Stressful, low staff, no time for proper care