Signature Senior Lifestyle
Happiness score is 63 out of 100
View all Signature Senior Lifestyle reviews

Signature Senior Lifestyle

Signature Senior Lifestyle Employee Review

Awful place to work. Overworked and underpaid

Almost full capacity with skeleton staff. Over run with agency. Not worth the money. Management are poorly run and they don’t care about the staff or the residents

1.0 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

14 November 2022
Thank you for your review. Your feedback is important to us, as is the care and well-being of all of our residents. We would like to understand your concerns further. We would be grateful if you could email additional information to us at marketing@signaturesl.co.uk.

Same role

Good workplace overall

It’s a good workplace but can be very stressful sometimes but it’s equally very rewarding. Only issue is that you don’t get paid any extra for working unsociable hours

Pros

Free food

Cons

Night staff don’t get paid any extra for working unsociable hours

14 November 2022
Hello, we are so glad to hear of your positive experience and thankful for your kind comments and overall feedback. As a team, we work together to provide the best experiences for our team members, residents and family members.
Same role

lovely colleagues.. the few left

Working at Signature has taught me a lot, lovely residents, Dementia Coordinator knows a lot and she is always there for you.Unfortunately the industry has a lack of carers which results in doing double of the work, and it is very tiring since it’s really physical. I barely have the time to spend with the residents and do activities and most of the days I just end up doing assisting in toileting and dining for 12 hours. Breaks are really short, half hour in 12h shift but food is provided and it’s tasty. The pay is just above the minimum wage with every 4th shift paid 3pounds extra per hour. Would I recommend it? Yes as it’s one of the best care homes in The city, but unfortunately, as we are ALWAYS short or the bare minimum staff it’s really hard and takes a toll on your mental health too. If it’s your first care job go for it as it teaches you a lot, otherwise go from an agency as it’s better pay, sadly. You could do more than 4 shifts and get more money, but your back will be screwed.The dementia department seemed to be taken aside as last wheel which is really sad as the coordinator works really hard.

Pros

Free lunch, lovely residents, every other weekend off

Cons

Long hours, short staffed, some of the managers seem to think only about the money

20 July 2022
Thank you for your honest feedback, we are always delighted to hear from our colleagues!We totally agree that there is a shortage of care colleagues in the industry as a whole and the impact this can have on the team. Here at Signature, we continue to appreciate our team, and monitor our benefits package to drive applications to help alleviate the pressures our front line colleagues face. We wish you all the very best for your future endeavors.
Same location

Don't work for this company

They just want to know that you won't miss work because for that they would have to hire people from agencies that cost them twice as much they don't care your just a number underpaid

20 June 2022
Thank you for leaving a review, we would be very keen to speak to you to understand more about your experience at Signature with regard to your comments. We are always interested to listen to feedback from our team members so that we can review with the home to ensure that our staff are happy and that our policies and processes within the home are up to our standards.Please email our Recruitment Team (recruitment@signaturesl.co.uk ) if you are happy for us to contact you to discuss your review, we would really like the opportunity to learn more about this.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Signature Senior Lifestyle. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.3 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement