Sirona Care and Health CIC

Sirona Care and Health CIC Employee Reviews

I worked at Combelea residential home. I was told I’d have an induction but didn’t get one. I shadowed staff member for one shift. Very slow pace of work due to residents being very frail (many of them in their rooms or in bed) Often staff sat around doing nothing, free time could be put to better use, perhaps activities for residents but there’s no budget available. Lots of agency staff as many new staff leave within first few weeks. Residents emotional needs not really met. Pay is ok but you have to claim enhancements a month in arrears. Work/home life balance not good, some staff members get telephone calls on their days off to come in and cover. Shift work. Overtime available for those that want it. Management quite poor. Care home manager does not get involved with the day to day running of the care home, the seniors seem to be in charge. Some staff friendly, some not so much! Some staff shouting at residents. Staff members constantly slagging each other off. Morale among staff and residents is so low, everyone is miserable. I left within a few months because it was so depressing. No amount of money could make me stay. Manager didn’t talk to me after I handed my notice in.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Poor management, back stabbing, low morale
Relaxing atmosphere, friendly colleagues, and the residents or tenants that we work for are amazing...very polite and kind and are always thankful for what you done for them ...what alse do you need?
Pros
Short shifts patterns, good life / work balance
Cons
Part time contract
Colleagues at this company are great, and working is good. But the senior leadership is dishonest and uncaring. They make statements and promises then go back on their word. They don't act according to the principles of the company at all. I wouldn't recommend anyone getting involved, or if you do try and make sure you never have to deal with senior managers.
Pros
Great colleagues
Cons
Dishonest senior management
Not made to feel welcome, not given appropriate training, not supported AT ALL! Do not go to this company - especially as a newly qualified... Manager emailing me at 10pm telling me I hadn’t completed jobs, which I had! Extremely poor management, Bullying, nasty people, with poor “managers”. Don’t even bother going higher, they’re just as bad. Genuinely vile staff in the lead roles. Gossiping, unfriendly, unsupportive, liars. AVOID THIS COMPANY! If your face doesn’t fit. Good luck
A nasty group of people who do not welcome newcomers. A very unprofessional manager who could not control the staff and allowed shouting and arguing during business meetings. Agendas were never addressed. The service of supporting children and families is vital but standards will remain low as long as the current management remains.
a busy place to work but fairly good support in place, a reasonable pay for the job role. Always job opportunities going within the company. I completed an NVQ level 3 although it took me a year of asking before I was enrolled.
Management is very poor if you are in then you are ok favoritism is a must .they lie and go back on what they say also plenty of back stabbing and telling tells if you like all this and being spoken down to by management with no people skills this is the place for you .
Salary not good wasnt made to feel one of the team trying to book on to training courses is impossible some of the staff not helpful made to feel like I was stupid at times
Combe lea not a good place to work management favours certain staff.ALways running short staffed putting vulnerable people at risk.wouldnt recommend it.No person centred care-especially on the dementia floor.wouldnt recommend it in any way
Cons
A lovely place to work. They really reflect their ‘Taking It Personally’ Values. Willing to be flexible when needed and know exactly how to make you feel valued. Have things in place to boost morale such as the Sirona Excellence Awards. Always somewhere to turn if you need help, whether that be a Freedom to Speak Guardian or emailing ‘Ask Sirona’. The communications are brilliant, managers really do care about their staff and services. I wouldn’t want to work for or have a family member looked after by anyone else.
Changable management with overwhelming targets results in overwhelmed exhausted staff..all levels. Some of the health facilities are out dated and a lot needs to be done to bring a more cultural friendly approach to many of the existing care providers. If your face fits seems to sum up this employer.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Long hours and sad staff
Worked as Bank Staff mainly in the Extra Care Buildings for about 3 months, The Coombe Lee building in Midsomer Norton is a NO GO AREA. The staff is not there to embrace anyone new or integrate anyone new into any process that could lead to a smooth running of the DEMENTIA UNIT with good procedures in place. Heard comments from other Bank Staff that just about managed to complete shifts in the two other DEMENTIA buildings and said the staff were clicky and not welcoming. The staff can be patronising and feels more like " jail cell " wardens rather than workmates as they are feeding into the "Blame Culture" installed by the middle management. Let be if intending to work there coming from a different ethnic background and not accepting the slave tag. Some staff who are mainly appointed once and once again as shift leaders are will be pushed around. The Contract for Bank Staff is a death sentence from the very moment you sign it, as it gives you absolutely "no rights" to a voice or any basic employment status. All the shifts and care plans are delivered digitally so any errors or blames can easily be placed on you if a handful of people above you decide to do it. They can blame you for anything as will not be supported by the HR staff. The NHS money will continue to be thrown at advertisements searching for Bank Staff.
Pros
Not all staff is part of the gang
Cons
No rights, blame culture, closed door attitudes, lack of professional management
what a place understaffed and mainly family connected to the manager You are run short one on the floor at times management have a closed door attitude and appear to take comments poorly staff appear terrified of raising concerns for fear of repercussions or bullying amongst staff and seniors interesting shifts but not a place I would recommend
Pros
you might get your unpaid break
Cons
morale low and blame culture
Compared to previous roles and companies Sirona has been a massive culture change. Everyone is really supportive and higher management are really visible. My pay is a bit lower comparatively with similar roles but the benefits far outweigh the money difference. I'm new to the role but my induction was great and I've received lots of training. The pace and flow of my role is always changing on a day to day basis. Some days are super busy but others not so much.
Pros
Supportive and professional culture and good benefits
Cons
Pace of my role is changeable
Difficult company to work for as there are so many branches of Sirona that some systems don't work throughout the entire organisation. Luckily I love my job, as there are no prospects for me to advance within my role.
Pros
Job satisfaction. Flexible working times and days/nights.
Cons
Poor communication, Senior management not in touch with employees, always short of staff adding extra pressure to the job.
Good company overall to work for. Intensive training and initial support. Howeve, support isn’t necessarily ongoing and you don’t find things out that are important unless another carer happens to tell you. You are also needed to work a lot of weekends as there always seems to be a shortage of staff. Pay seems good at start, but, no enhancement for weekend work and not much more for nights.
Pros
Great training and good to help people who need intensive care
Cons
Pay daily low for the responsibility of the care required
It’s fine depending what you are looking for in a job. With good colleagues to work with and ample annual leave hours. The location of job is very accessible
Sirona Healthcare encourage your development and offer very good training before you begin working with them. You often have to ask questions but the support is there.
Pros
Wonderful people to work for and with
Cons
poor communication
I wouldn't say i have a 'typical day at work' although my routine is to enter the office, check the generic invoice email address that we have, input and submit all the invoices that have been sent in overnight/early morning and then see what tasks i have to complete that day. The only day really that remains the same week in, week out is a Tuesday. Tuesday's is the companies 'payment run' so it is my responsibility to make sure that all the invoices that have been authorised in the last week are submitted and ready to be on the payment run. Followed by this, i have to make sure that all petty cash imprest sheets are added up and have the weekly petty cash ordered and fax the appropriate documents to the bank. I have come on leaps and bounds in the last year, coming from a construction background i had no idea what to expect in a office, following completion of my apprenticeship i was offered the opportunity to stay on full time and work my way up to becoming an accountant once i have completed Level 3 & 4 with AAT. A few things i have learnt is all about journaling, how to do a monthly trial balance of accounts independently, raising invoices, inputting invoices, wide knowledge of Sage 200, account allocations. The management all across the board are respectful people and will always listen and understand any issues you have, work related or not. They always make you feel welcome and will always give advise on how to further your knowledge in the career path that you pursue. My line manager has been an incredible help for getting me to where i am today from having no - more...
Pros
Flexi-Time, Encouraging Co-Workers/Managers, Support & Belief from Co-Workers
Cons
I dont believe i have any cons with the company i work for or the environment i work in