Sitel Group

Sitel Group Employee Reviews

Found 976 reviews matching the searchSee all 12,106 reviews

Fun workplace

It was a great place to work in and I really enjoyed the management.We had lovely mates and lot of them were very helpful and supporting.The calls were sometimes stressful but my manager was always encouraging me.

Pros

work from home, supportive team

Cons

working on weekends, only few hours of training and you have calls straight after

Productive and energising workplace

Been employed by Sitel for 17 months and one of the best employers I’ve ever worked for. You really do have the opportunity to develop and progress. And from a personal point of view the management are extremely supportive ranging from work related matters to personal affairs outside of the workplace. May not be everyone’s cup of tea, but there really are some great opportunities if your prepared to put the work in.

Pros

Good bonus structures, supportive management team, ideal location, plenty of room for career progression

Love my Team!

Nice place to work with great people. The company try to make it as fun as they can with games and competitions to help hit the targets. Can make good bonus if you try.

Pros

Bonus, management

Cons

Targets can be hard

Supportive colleagues and management, poor treatment of employees

I worked from home for Sitel which was great because it meant I didn't have travel costs and could wear comfy clothes. I enjoyed working with my team, we mostly communicated via group chat but occasionally had audio meetings as well. We would have a laugh and help each other out. The job was fast-paced and things could change really quickly, for example you might work on 1 campaign for a couple of months, get used to it, and then you're moved onto another one without much notice or training. During the 8 months I worked there I changed campaign 4 times. You have to think on your feet quite a bit, so in that sense it's good experience. My manager was great and supportive but Sitel does not care about its employees as individuals, we're just one tiny cog in the machine. For the duration of an 8 hour shift (9 if you count breaks) we were allocated 2 (unpaid) 15 minute breaks and 30 minutes for lunch, which I think is fair, but if you needed to go to the bathroom, get a drink or answer the door at any point during the day you were not allowed to be away from your desk for more than 5 minutes. If you went over that, your pay would be deducted. Also, if your mouse didn't move for 3 minutes you would be seen as 'Idle' which happened quite frequently on days where it was very slow/not many calls coming through. I think it was a strategy to keep people active at their desks, but it shows a lack of trust. Changes were regularly made including software updates which usually were counterproductive and didn't help employees to do our jobs better. My contract was extended until later this -

Pros

No travel costs, weekly pay

Cons

Very little consideration for employees

Great!

Great company to work for system is a bit old but still runs good, and pay is always on time with no issues and if you get the rare occurrence your manager fixes the issue immediately

Cons

Productive and cooperative place of work

I love to work here. Staff is very cooperative and every team member enjoy work. Management response is quick and helps you in your matters. Overall, it is good experience.

Pros

all good

Cons

only shift timings

Good Call Centre Job

Building is really nice and feels safe with all the covid measures. Desks are spread out, it’s clean and never feels too crowded which was a worry for me when starting in an office.Managers are nice and not often you can find a call centre where you can work Monday to Friday and finish by 6pm at the latest.Sometimes the customers can be difficult but i suppose it’s the same with any call centre job.

Pros

Good working environment

Cons

Customers can be challenging

Decent place to work

I worked at Sitel for a couple of months at the beginning of covid on a temporary contract. Overall, the company was good to work for. The training provided was in depth and I didn’t feel like I had no idea what I was doing. Weekly pay which is always a bonus.When my contract ended I was moved onto another department on a rolling contract. Overall a good place to work, the centre is clean, management were great.

Pros

Parking on site, weekly pay, training, management

Cons

Very target based

It is honestly a very good work from home job

sometimes the workload can be very hefty and sometimes it can be very little it really depends on the day, the time, and the current global situation but i have and will continue to recommend this job to my friends and family my managers are very friendly people who DO check up on my mental health and are very active and engaged in the chat when the workload is very low overall 9/10

Pros

Nice pay, good colleagues and friendly people

Cons

can be a bit tiring at times, some abuse from contacts

Worst management ever

Such poor management that literally ignore your requests for help or any assistance, but will readily criticise and condemn you. Childish management that must be late teens/early 20’s (mine was 20). Can’t trade shifts even when they say you can, no overtime. Would not recommend, find somewhere else

Jobs at Sitel Group

See more jobs

The only positive was my colleagues

Low salary, they never say well done, all the management just messing around, if the company who use SITEL work knows how it works they would never get a contract with them.

Pros

Good colleagues

a new mum

As a breastfeeding mother, I found this company was not inclusive or helpful. When I asked where I could express I was told to use the bathroom. but was then told off for using my phone while in the bathroom.

Good short-term workplace

Sitel was a good place to work when I was finishing uni and needed a little extra money. They were hiring for the Test and Trace and service and demand was high so within 5 minutes of applying on their website, a lady from HR called me asked me a few questions and offered me the job. I worked at Sitel for 8 months. Communication from management was poor. My own team manager was fantastic and went above and beyond however senior management often made final decisions that often were not helpful and also not communicated until last minute. I was let go with 1 week notice and nothing else lined up to pay my bills due to ‘lesser volumes of work’ even though our own team had just taken on 10 new staff the week before. I had no way to appeal the decision and felt like my 8 months of hard work had been forgotten about and ignored as I was made to feel very expendable and replaceable. Work was very easy, calling people and reading a script. Overall it was a great job while I was there however how easily they can let you go and how unreliable the job is makes it less than ideal.

Pros

Work from home, good team, easy work

Cons

Management very poor, communication bad, unreliable

Fun Place to work with

It's a lovely company to work from home, I enjoy it a lot. Very good company and very good experience. I would recommend anyone to work in this company, it gives you good experience.

Pros

Flexible hours

T&T campaign

I started working with SITEL in December 2020 on the test and trace campaign, the recruitment process was pretty quick, and I was started within two weeks of the initial contact with them. When I began, they sent us in for ‘training’ which I was under the impression would be quite detailed considering we were to be gathering information from people in relation to covid-19. However, to my surprise the training lasted a whole 2 days and consisted of a few poorly done PowerPoints and a tonne of reading from a training board (arguably filled with out-of-date screen grabs and information). I later came to learn that the PowerPoint information was out of date as well and didn’t represent accurately the screens we would be seeing when starting to actively trace contacts. After this training we were then thrown into a group team chat and told we were going live, to my shock the next day when I logged in for my first official day of tracing the screens and information that was coming up was not like the stuff we had to be taught and there was little or no support about how to deal with this. After a couple days I got the hang of it (largely due to the help of a friend who had been on the T&T campaign longer than myself). The next few days I was randomly placed into a separate team chat with no explanation as to why and a new training session was formed (later I came to learn that this was the training for more advanced and complicated calls in Tier 2 isolation calls) This training lasted a whopping 4 hours and covered much of the same out of date and inaccurate screen grabs from calls -

Pros

When it worked the holiday booking system was good

Cons

long hours, short breaks, poor management, lack of communication, poor support from senior staff

Hmmmmmm

Sitel is very stressful it wasnt even that busy so you basically get paid to watch a timer ive had friends that have been through the onboarding process five times its fulltime only sooo yeah if you like social life its not for you ! You have to be active 24/7 and the breaks seem so short because its working from home you cant even book overtime alot and if you accumulate alot of holiday they will choose your holidays for you

Pros

Paid weekly

Cons

Long hours and its not busy

Recruitment Advisor Promised Mon-Fri work to work round my existing career

The recruitment process was very friendly and they promised mon-fri shifts with no weekends and told me to ignore the contract as it was generic. After completing training i was given saturday and sunday shifts and told to deal with it by management and that the recruiter's had lied to me, Management made no attempt to resolve this and said my only options were to deal with it or hand in my notice.

Pros

Zero

Cons

Constant Monitoring, Threats of termination at every turn, Dishonest Recruitment process, Slow outdated system's, Reptitive training system that's not related 100% to the final job.

Patronizing, condescending management

Sitel should be up for an award for being one of the worst companies to work for. Management are patronizing and condescending, they talk to you like you’re nothing and however they like. The pay is ok but that’s because it’s government funded scheme for NHS test and trace system. Even then they still deduct a few pounds from you every week and saying you were not active at all times. There idea of being active is you have to touch the mouse or press a keyboard every 3 minutes, if not you are marked as AWOL and would not be paid. Management are full of incompetent and support whatsoever. At Sitel you can’t take holidays when you want, I saved up holidays for the summer, but all of a sudden they booked me holidays before summer when I didn’t want it and it they would not allow me to cancel them. Considering it’s a customer service role and yet they speak to staff like nothing and we’re a piece of rubbish on their shoes. Furthermore, their system is quite head on laptop and I had to purchase a new laptop to carry my work.

Pros

Work at home.

Cons

Patronizing and condescending management. Full of kids, different teams with different rules

Incredibly Inclusive Workplace

I've had a lot of jobs, but not many have made me feel the way that Sitel does - included, appreciated, like I belong. I love my job and the opportunities I have for development and growth as a person. The hiring process is wonderful, there is not one person that I have met who works for Sitel who is not willing to help out, reach out and be there for you when you need it - on a professional AND personal level.

NHS campaign - from home

I worked for sitel almost 1 year. Planned rota for 6weeks with OT availability. Always paid on time . Fair amount of support from management . Sometimes was boring, sometimes I lost my voice by end of shift… overall I think sitel is a good company to work for . There is few strict rules what sitel taking seriously, but easy to keep them. I would work here again.

Pros

Easy job, comfortable

Cons

IT issues sometimes, but doesn’t effected my pay.

This was literally one of the best company i have ever worked for

I have worked as a Test and Trace call handler and i loved every single bit of it. I have had the best manager who was so down to earth and so supportive and i could not have asked for a better team mates. I would have stayed until the end but i decided to try and explore other opportunities out there. The work was pretty easy, as long as you attend on time, keep your self up to date with learning resources and you do what is required from you, then you should be fine.

Pros

holiday, shift swabbing, good pay

Cons

You cannot choose the workflow you are putted into

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sitel Group. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.4K