Sitel Swansea
View all Sitel Swansea reviews

Sitel Swansea

Sitel Swansea Employee Review

Productive, fun workplace

Great environment. The work can be challenging but the support from colleagues is immense. Management has an open door policy and an easy relaxed manner.. A fun place to work.

Pros

Friendly and professional

Cons

Occasional weekend working

5.0Job security/advancement

Same role

Ok pay but micromanaged non-stop

I've worked for the test&trace at home campaign. I have had a nice team manager for a while but the rest I've had were really bad. The pay is ok and the job is not too demanding. The worst part is just being micromanaged at all times by some of these managers. They obviously get instructions from the higher-ups but it's just really stressful and unproductive. They ask you to NEVER have your screen on IDLE but if yoy do exactly that, then you are flagged?? Apparently it's "not humanly possible" to have your screen on all the time (some days) but if you go idle for 10 minutes PER DAY, you get a "disciplinary letter" which is fantastically ridiculous and doesn't make any sense. Again, there are some nice managers who do what is required of them but some will go out of their way to be awful towards the employees. Also the expectations, rules, requirements etc are simply bot clear. One manager will say that you have to do things this way and the next one will be completely different. Overall I'd say it's worth working here if you don't wanna travel but don't let yourself tricked by the "we're really making a change" statement. 90% of the people you call are just fed up and rightfully so. While it makes sense to keep track of those who have the virus, people are getting calls non-stop. If you are calling those who are already in self-isolation, they will be called 8 times a day, every single day. Even if they do pick up, in theory they will receive another call in 2 days (which is still a lot) but more often than not, the system is just useless and people called daily or multiple -

Pros

Ok pay and working from home

Cons

No job stability, micromanaged, a lot of confusion, unclear expectations or unrealistic expectations
Same role

Fun place to work

Enjoyed every moment of working at Sitel, my managers were fun and the colleagues working in my department were fun to get along with as well no matter the age. I was only there for a short period of time due to travel costs but would have loved to stay there. Great at training and they do not pressurise you to do anything you’re not comfortable with. You will always find help all around you.

Pros

Amazing staff, great training and support, friendly atmosphere, never boring.

Cons

No cons

Avoid! not worth the stress

i was sold a dream and a relaxed enviroment when i was interviewed, Training was a joke the only good thing was the other live agents and the staff you was training with they really do support you, i learn't more from the live agents than the trainee he really didn't care at all. my team manager wasn't the worse but he also wasn't the best but he was under pressure by higher up so you really couldn't put the blame on him. I was stressed all the time and i don't say that lightly it really took a toll on my mental health. i voiced this but the only support i was offered was when i told them i was leaving. the money is fine you can live off it you need to be on top of targets for bonuses but i can assure you, they won't have you working there much longer than 3 months if you don't. you need to be really thick skinned i am and it even got to me. its a dead end job so if you was to work here i would have a plan B just in case as they will just sack you but most staff leave anyway. customers really push you to your limits its not scripted its also not an option to get a manager onto the call they refuse to take any escalations. the shift patterns are really not fair i was working night pretty much every week while others would would work 8 till half 4 every week any days off would have to approved and it would take months mine got approved nearly 7 months later. no more than 3 days before i was suppose to be off. they are on your back regardless of any time off and they really don't know the meaning of a balanced work and home life.

Pros

Staff are amazing.

Cons

managment don't care.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sitel Swansea. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.9Job security/advancement
  • Sitel Swansea
  • Productive, fun workplace
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?