Sitel Swansea

Sitel Swansea Employee Reviews for Customer Service Representative

Ok pay but micromanaged non-stop

I've worked for the test&trace at home campaign. I have had a nice team manager for a while but the rest I've had were really bad. The pay is ok and the job is not too demanding. The worst part is just being micromanaged at all times by some of these managers. They obviously get instructions from the higher-ups but it's just really stressful and unproductive. They ask you to NEVER have your screen on IDLE but if yoy do exactly that, then you are flagged?? Apparently it's "not humanly possible" to have your screen on all the time (some days) but if you go idle for 10 minutes PER DAY, you get a "disciplinary letter" which is fantastically ridiculous and doesn't make any sense. Again, there are some nice managers who do what is required of them but some will go out of their way to be awful towards the employees. Also the expectations, rules, requirements etc are simply bot clear. One manager will say that you have to do things this way and the next one will be completely different. Overall I'd say it's worth working here if you don't wanna travel but don't let yourself tricked by the "we're really making a change" statement. 90% of the people you call are just fed up and rightfully so. While it makes sense to keep track of those who have the virus, people are getting calls non-stop. If you are calling those who are already in self-isolation, they will be called 8 times a day, every single day. Even if they do pick up, in theory they will receive another call in 2 days (which is still a lot) but more often than not, the system is just useless and people called daily or multiple -

Pros

Ok pay and working from home

Cons

No job stability, micromanaged, a lot of confusion, unclear expectations or unrealistic expectations

Productive, fun workplace

Great environment. The work can be challenging but the support from colleagues is immense. Management has an open door policy and an easy relaxed manner.. A fun place to work.

Pros

Friendly and professional

Cons

Occasional weekend working

Fun place to work

Enjoyed every moment of working at Sitel, my managers were fun and the colleagues working in my department were fun to get along with as well no matter the age. I was only there for a short period of time due to travel costs but would have loved to stay there. Great at training and they do not pressurise you to do anything you’re not comfortable with. You will always find help all around you.

Pros

Amazing staff, great training and support, friendly atmosphere, never boring.

Cons

No cons

Jobs at Sitel Swansea