Sitel
Happiness score is 55 out of 100

Sitel Employee Reviews

Training is good. However a lot of information is learned from doing the job. The management and support team are great and the work is fair and well paid.
The best job I have ever had amazing place to work the best people ever. The pay is amazing everyone is so respectful and nice. Could have not asked for a better manager campaigns were amazing.
Pros
Everything especially pay
Cons
High pressure job (mostly self imposed)Systems are relatively easy to use but can sometimes be slow.Lots of information to take on boardTraining is quite intense
Pros
Lots of support
Happy to work for Sitel.Equality is a big thing and I do get the opportunity to change the schedule, which is great.Looking forward to more years of experience in the office.
Decent work place, covid friendly and very helpful if you don’t know what to do. Training is decent and is paid which is good. Have various support systems for mental health and stress management which is really nice to see
Pros
Training, pay, help lines, job security
Cons
Can be stressful
Do not recommend working here, colleagues are fun to work with. However management have no real direction and do as they please, easy taking favourites and pushing out all others
Pros
Making friends
Cons
Everything else
At first Sitel's whole vision of wanting their agents to be happy and cared for really sells it. It's not until you are working for the company until you see that they really don't care. Any negative feedback you submit is ignored or filtered out in favour of them only telling you the positive feedback they received. Now they are forcing people to take holidays as they say you have too much, at one point they were telling me 2 days was too much holidays to have accrued, what if you need those holiday hours for an emergency? Doesn't matter to them. Even if you tell them 3 or more weeks in advance of a hospital appointment, they will force you to take unpaid medical leave instead of swapping one of your days off for you. And since they are making people take holidays, some people may not have any holiday hours left to cover it and end up losing a few hours to a whole days pay.
Pros
Work from home
Cons
Will look for any reason to deduct pay from you, even if it is their system or procedures fault
Normally a workplace will let you go based on performance and how well you achieve your targets, well appareantly not Sitel, although the contract is 2 week rolling, they will let you go with 7 days notice, and when they do let you go, they will silence you from speaking about being let go in the group chat. Some of the management are horrendous and absolutely unprofessional! They will be rude and condescending aswell as not have any respect for their peers.
Cons
unpaid break, bad management, un-organised
Training was good, didn’t prepare you for the actual steps during calls but everything you needed was on the screen so it was a very easy job. Lovely virtual teams with loads of help and support!Communication from management not always great
Pros
Work from home
Cons
Temporary contracts
For sitting around all day pay is decent, the rest is awful management is non existent but most of the people you’ll come across are alright if theyre not higher up
Pros
Work from home
Cons
The rest of it
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Sitel?
Good online training. Managers unhelpful. Getting help time consuming. Employees blamed for technical issues caused by technicians constantly updating the systems. Employees not told about changes relevant to their work until they discover them. Very short notice 1 week in covid!!! Not happy.
Pros
Enjoyed working at home
Cons
Short notice
Overall this was a good job , I got to work from the comfort of my own home which was very convenient. Training and the hiring process was very simple . However some of the managers in test and trace were quite rude and unhelpful . I worked in both test and trace and the vaccination department.The job was temporary I got to work here for about 3 months . I just wish they had a fixed date on their contracts , because the job was temporary you never really know when it’s over until a week before. The test and trace campaign was more organised than the Vaccination line. We were in one huge group of about 700 people in our work chat . They said we would be put into smaller groups but over a month working in the vaccine department our work chat still consists of a very large group which makes it difficult to get help at times. The script should also be amended because we get a lot of questions and the script in the vaccine department doesn’t make it easy to deal with a lot of these queries. The test and trace department is better as they update the scripts to suit the different caller issues we deal with and make it easier for us to do our job.
Pros
Easy job
Cons
Long hours and unpaid breaks
I really enjoy the place, I thought I would quit in the first few weeks but once I got used to the system and bonded with my team I really cannot fault it The top managers always stay past the end of their shift and are often doing 9-9 helping all advisors The people working there are what makes the day go quick The pay is not great for the amount of work you do, but there’s always incentives and competitions and in COVID there’s not a lot of jobs out there so it’s good to be in for now
Pros
People
Cons
Pay
You Get the job done and get paid.Nothing special, it's just an okay place to work. Holiday pay is included which is very good. Managers are quite helpful.
Sitel are an okay company to work, decent pay and decent managers but there was an excessive amount of micromanagement and half the time team managers had no idea what we were meant to be doing or why something wasn't working. Colleagues made this job somewhat better but was hit and miss as fairly high rate of turnover. A fine place to work for short - mid term but very little progession opportunities, very little job security and damaging to your mental health in the long run due abusive customers and often receiving very little thanks, gratitude or acknowledgement from them or management. (They do however offer a EAP Program).
Pros
Good Pay
Cons
7 days on 2 days off, excessive micromanagement
Official response from Sitel
26 February 2021
Good afternoon. Thank you for your feedback. At Sitel Exeter, we have lots of progression opportunities for the right applicants. We have had so many of our colleagues who have started as agents and are now in management, support or regional roles. We would be interested to know what campaign you were on, we do have some temporary campaigns at the moment due to the support of the Covid pandemic.We always ask our colleagues to speak to their manager if they are finding work tough and it is affecting them or you could have reached out to one of our well being champions. It is a shame you didnt talk to us as we would have supported you through this. We will take your feedback on board, thanks again :)
All good and informative , made to few like part of the team which is hard as we work form home , lots of training you can do on the e learning site. They keep us up to date daily in what’s going on and add inspirational things also
I worked with Sitel for the Test and Trace campaign and I can honestly say that it is the most unorganised and stressful job I have ever had. Firstly, Sitel does not care if people are given the wrong end isolation dates or the wrong information, agents are given as little training as possible. I reported errors and inconsistencies multiple times and each time they were overlooked. The software Sitel makes you use does not work properly and you spend hours on the phone to the IT support and absence lines with little or no outcome. AWS (the program Sitel uses for you to access their IT systems remotely) stays running on your PC when you close it and I am dubious of it’s safety for agents home computers if there were to be a cyber attack. Sitel’s systems are not secure in the slightest, but once again, when this is flagged up, it’s ignored. You will never be paid what you’ve actually earned and have to constantly chase up ongoing pay issues. Training to work at Sitel is horrendous and unclear. I spent two days looking at and having the same PowerPoint read to me. Sitel does not care about staff and is constantly hiring and sacking agents at random - not based on performance at all. Sitel lies to staff and purposefully makes it almost impossible to find any information out. Do not work here unless you are absolutely desperate. That are so many safeguarding and GDPR issues going on that the job is simply not worth it.
Pros
Easy to bunk off work and not be noticed
Cons
Awful management and staff treatment
If you like a fast paced but lively atmosphere you will enjoy it. Pay is not the best but commission is good if your willing to work for it. The people are the same as anywhere, most are lovely and friendly a few youd like to punch in the face. Progresion is really good and you can move on quite quickly. Most of the mangers are good. Some don't seem to do anything and there are a couple who are super helpful and seem really knowlegeable and approachable. I've worked in much worse places!
Pros
Good commission friendly people lively
Cons
No paid breaks so longer shifts a couple of mangers are terrible
Company is good and pays in an organised manner .Good atmosphere, my team is really good.HR is organised to update if you can’t come in.Training is done in a proper way and then we are ready to work.
Pros
Weekly pay
Cons
Rotation timings are weird till 8 sometimes evening
Great experience, chance to move up in the company (ri was recently promoted) started in May 2020 I've learnt so much working here. great support and great company values. helpful management and never had a payroll issue.Unfortunately it is only a Temp contract but hopefully at the end there will be other openings within. Sitel as they have been great and I'd love to continue working for them.
I’ve been working at Sitel from home for around 5 months now and overall it’s been great, when I first started there was a few teething problems which is expected and at times was extremely frustrating but since then I haven’t had any major issues. I have already progressed onto a different team where I feel valued and can always get help and support if I need it. When it comes to adherence and system issues it can sometimes feel like certain managers can be petty and fail to see that some things are out of our control. I also complained about another staff member and didn’t see much done about it. I’m glad said staff member isn’t customer facing as she can be quite sarcastic and unsympathetic. Despite these issues my role has challenged me and continues to do so. If you are thinking of working for Sitel be prepared to work hard and be able to hit targets.
Pros
Good pay, supportive colleagues, progression
Cons
Petty policies, lack of detail in training, sarcastic and sometimes unhelpful managers
Official response from Sitel
19 February 2021
Good afternoon and thank you for your feedback. We are happy that you are enjoying your time with us and that you feel valued and supported. We need to ensure that our colleague's adherence is where it needs to be so we have everyone taking calls when required. With regards to the person who you made a complaint about, if you want a follow up about that, speak to your team manager, I am sure they will want to hear about any issues you have. Hitting targets and working hard is all part of getting job satisfaction, without them, it would feel like we have nothing to work towards. We also need to meet out client contractuals which is important for us keeping our jobs. We hope the enjoyable time you had had continues as you are a valued member of our team and we want everyone to be happy in their role. Keep up the good work :)
  1. Employee reviews