Sitel

Sitel Employee Reviews

Not the place to work if you're looking for progression, but the management and job security were always there providing you did your job right. The pay was fair, always got along with colleagues and made some good friends for life. Shift patterns enabled me to have a good work/life balance, always catered for unforeseen days needed off, holidays always available.
Pros
Good shifts
Cons
Progression
Personally I have found nothing but support and positive vibes at Sitel Exeter. Breaks always feel a bit too short, but other than that its a great environment. The job itself is really interesting and the learning opportunities are fantastic, but its not for the weak, impatient and sensitive - customers will be customers. Overall really happy I got this job.
Pros
Supportive environment
Cons
Short breaks
Total joke of a companyYou don't need training for the work but you will need to prepare yourself for the constant virtue signalling be carried out by the company and its loyal Muppets.If enough good adults worked here it could be turned into something pretty attractive but it's just full of snowflakes trying to change the world one with one meaningless self-righteous slogan at a time.
Pros
Weekly pay
Cons
Everything else
Did me a good turn working here over the pandemic. Do I recommend, absolutely not unless you are stuck without a job. First job that’s ever made me miserable. No support from management. Forced holiday use so no days left to use holiday at a time that suited me. Unpaid breaks. Can’t take the breaks when you need to use them. First break is set one hour into shift. Horrendous
Pros
Weekly pay without issues
Cons
Forced holiday, last min schedule changes, unpaid breaks scheduled an hour into shift, poor management, no support, evening and weekend late hours
This Company is a disgrace. They treat their staff very badly. Your customers are in the phone and you don't get any help to insert codes on computer. It is horrendous. Reallly very bad.
Pros
Cons
Terrible place to work.
I worked gor the company for about 12 months. During my wor and in times of stress I was one of the prople who got the most calls and picked up the most cases. After some time they changed the sistem in a way that you can't do nothing besides looking at the screen and wait to get calls, and when I didn't got calls they start blaming me for not getting cases and not working even if it was their fault for their sistem.With my first manager everything it was fine after they changed the manager, another manager was constantly bullying me with why i write 'oh', 'pf'.You can't have no reliability in this job. You can work 8 hours but you will be obligated to take 1 hours of work so you basically work 9 hours.
Pros
Work from home
Cons
Long breaks, no recurity, bad organized
The job is easy to get, took 3 hours for the callbackManagement don't care about staff, forcing them to work on site during covid Just don't work
Pros
Cons
Uncaring management, expensive on-site parking, progression is who you know, not what you know, poor wages
Official response from Sitel
20 April 2021
Thank you for your feedback. We can assure you that the safety of our colleagues during the pandemic has been paramount to us. We have made lots of changes to ensure our colleagues have safe working conditions and are social distancing throughout their time in the office. We always want to support our colleagues and it would have been good for you to speak to someone whilst you were here to discuss your concerns.
I've really loved working at Sitel. The hours are reasonable which means you still get a good work life balance. Most of the time you get 2 days off in a row. The pay is great as well and if you get a good manager that's a bonus but not all are like that. The only downside is temp contracts with no real security and my particular role offered no progression into the company
Pros
Nice managers, great pay, work from home
Cons
Little jon security, no progression
When they don't need you anymore is a bye bye . Some of the managers are good , some doesn't help at all. not the job of your life for sure .
Pros
Work from home
Cons
You might get 100 calls in a day, no rest .
I worked for Sitel for about 2 years and overall really liked working there, the campaign I worked on was a very stressful and difficult campaign where we needed to know a lot of information by heart, and it didn't feel like the team was appreciated for what we had to go through every day, and definitely weren't paid enough. However the people that I worked with became like family, and 75% of management I loved, the other wasn't bad but I did sense a lot of favouritism with them. Overall though, Sitel is a decent place to work and a lot better than any other call centre job I've had in the past. I would definitely go back to another campaign at some point.
Pros
Good people, decent hours, easy to get to with public transport
Cons
Some favouritism, bad pay
Apart from the pay the company is the worst. So unprofessional. They terminated groups of contracts just 1/2 days before training due to “the client not needed us”. So unprofessional.
Cons
Joined in January 2021on a three month temp contract and still working here now and within two month progressed further. Collegues are fun to work with and managers are understanding and helpful and help you to progress and better yourself. Job can sometimes be challenging but rewarding, always something to work towards and always have targets to meet. Would recommend.
Pros
progression
Cons
minimum wage
Tend to pick on people at their own choice, was sacked after 6 months for simply having a day off, explained the severity of the situation and that I had no choice but was not appreciated, was told it was my own fault and got the sack.
Pros
Can earn more if want to
Cons
Inconsiderate of the people who work the hardest for them
Apply for a job with this company if you don't have any worries about being randomly let go out of nowhere. There is no job security or advancement or anything of the sort. Contracts are deliberately short and on a weekly rolling basis so if you get canned you have a week to find new employment. Avoid if you are looking for a full on career where you can grow and advance.
Pros
Fun environment
Cons
Always wondering when you will get canned
Worked at Sitel for 4 months on temp contract. My manager was amazing, so kind and accommodating. Job was simple and pleasant. My colleagues were also super fun. Was quite sad to leave, which is a first for any job I've had. Would definitely go back.
Pros
Easy job, friendly and fun management, good pay
The company is a top range call centre with happy and relaxed management. The company is helpful and have correct staff working. I am real haopy with this job and pay is above average.
Pros
Hours; Pay
Cons
No Fun Events
The only thing I really disliked about working for sitel, if you had a sick day or period of sickness you had to be interrogated as if you where being interviewed by the police. Statements written and signed, the works! Other then that it's alright and it's easy work, and guaranteed hours.
Really good place to work very supportive and understanding. If you have questions or health issues they are there to help and listen to you. They have a great IT department aswell.
Official response from Sitel
15 April 2021
Thank you so much for your feedback. We are very happy that you are enjoying your time with us. We are always here to support you :)
I've never worked at a company that didn't know it's own policies, changed them twice daily sometimes and would communicate the change to you about three days later. Policies were condescending and often I had no idea when I would be working as the rota changed like the weather.
Pros
easy
Cons
boring, unreliable
Very accommodating to personal circumstances, professional with a kind nature overall. The odd manager lets it down(thank goodness I never had one of them) but generally I have enjoyed my time working there and felt appreciated. You just need to conduct yourself professionally like in any other job. Punctuality is key.
Pros
Friendly colleagues and supportive management
Cons
No parking, pay is still minimum wage, cm can be too entitled
Having worked for Sitel on the Test and Trace program I have had the most amazing time. Our team were so supportive on the daily chat board. You could ask questions and get very helpful answers.The training is brilliant and you will always be up-sklilling, or at least we were on the project we were working on.Cannot rate my experience highly enough. Loved it.
Pros
home-based, team chat board, weekly pay
  1. Employee reviews