Sitel

Sitel Employee Reviews for Agent

I’ve been working at Sitel from home for around 5 months now and overall it’s been great, when I first started there was a few teething problems which is expected and at times was extremely frustrating but since then I haven’t had any major issues. I have already progressed onto a different team where I feel valued and can always get help and support if I need it. When it comes to adherence and system issues it can sometimes feel like certain managers can be petty and fail to see that some things are out of our control. I also complained about another staff member and didn’t see much done about it. I’m glad said staff member isn’t customer facing as she can be quite sarcastic and unsympathetic. Despite these issues my role has challenged me and continues to do so. If you are thinking of working for Sitel be prepared to work hard and be able to hit targets.
Pros
Good pay, supportive colleagues, progression
Cons
Petty policies, lack of detail in training, sarcastic and sometimes unhelpful managers
19 February 2021
Good afternoon and thank you for your feedback. We are happy that you are enjoying your time with us and that you feel valued and supported. We need to ensure that our colleague's adherence is where it needs to be so we have everyone taking calls when required. With regards to the person who you made a complaint about, if you want a follow up about that, speak to your team manager, I am sure they will want to hear about any issues you have. Hitting targets and working hard is all part of getting job satisfaction, without them, it would feel like we have nothing to work towards. We also need to meet out client contractuals which is important for us keeping our jobs. We hope the enjoyable time you had had continues as you are a valued member of our team and we want everyone to be happy in their role. Keep up the good work :)
I've really loved working at Sitel. The hours are reasonable which means you still get a good work life balance. Most of the time you get 2 days off in a row. The pay is great as well and if you get a good manager that's a bonus but not all are like that. The only downside is temp contracts with no real security and my particular role offered no progression into the company
Pros
Nice managers, great pay, work from home
Cons
Little jon security, no progression
Great place to work with a fun culture. no two days the same. good management team who support you. always opportunities to progress and your TMs support you with the process.
Pros
good colleagues and fast paced
Cons
not great on public transport
3 February 2021
HelloThank you for taking the time to leave a review, we're really pleased that you were supported by our management team. We have spent a lot of time investing in TM training over the last year so its good to know that this is working. Thank you
No idea what they are doing with the test and trace programme. Every other week there is a poorly thought out initiative launched, only for it to be rolled back when it fails. Top down management structure, input from subordinates is discouraged, leading to said failures.
Pros
Very low workload
Cons
Terrible culture. You really are nothing but a number to them
Sitel is the best company I have ever worked for. Training and updates are very clear and concise which help to do the job confidently. I feel welcomed and listened to by my manager and management team are fair, professional and inclusive. They offer an additional wellbeing, care and support package which has helped me significantly. I have never had issues with booking leave or when needing time off and overtime is a great bonus. I am proud to be part of the friendly and caring Sitel family.
Pros
Friendly, Great management, Perks, Opportunities, Supportive
Cons
Weekend shift pattern
Great job if you want to sit at a computer doing nothing all day wasting taxpayers money. We didn't even have a manager. Shambles very disappointed. Should be ashamed of themselves. Don't pay you while their systems crash so you end up with not much pay at the end of the week.
5 November 2020
Thank you for your feedback. It's a shame we were not able to resolve the issues for you. we always ask our colleagues to talk to us so we can help and support. More often than not, we can fix issues if you take the time to come and speak to us. Take care and best wishes for the future
I have been at SITEL for a year (Today!) and I think I have definitely got the opportunity to form a fair opinion as this year, at this new job, I faced personal/health issues and globally, well, the Covid-19 situation. In my opinion, SITEL could not have done any better than they have by their employees, considering the critical and unprecedented financial and social consequences of the pandemic. They have shown efficiency and flexibility trying their best help staff keep their jobs even if some losses were unavoidable (I have read bad reviews but I believe some people are never happy and must find someone to blame when life doesn't go their way?).My personal experience is evidence: I was coming out of my 6 months probation when the country was put on lockdown, SITEL managed to set up working from home reasonably quickly for all that could. The site has always followed the national guidelines and updated them accordingly as and when. Mental health has proven a challenge for many and I was/am one of them. I won't bore you with details but I became severely depressed, and well, depressed or not I needed to pay my bills and keep my job. When I was at my most critical point, I got signed off by my GP for approximately 12 weeks I contacted my manager and I felt very worried and embarrassed to divulge the truth about my mental state and personal affairs. They were caring, patient, helpful and went above and beyond checking on me regularly and offering various ways to support my recovery. I came back to the office in June and quickly found I had bitten more than I could chew and - more...
Pros
Canteen food is pretty good, Quite relaxed atmosphere, Great Management & HR dpmt
Cons
Job can be very stressful at times....
13 November 2020
HelloThank you so much for leaving such a wonderful review.We're so pleased that you had a good experiene with us and its great to hear that your management team were supportive during your tough personal time, I will ensure this review is passed on to the relevant department.We've invested a lot of time into our TM training plan so reviews of this nature makeus feel incredibly proud.Once again, thank you so much for your kind words.Best of luck!
Not the best place to work , just some team leaders and managers make the place look like anyone can be one with no knowledge to support their colleagues. Team leaders are driven for their own commission rather than to support.
Pros
Bonus if target is hit
Cons
Training, Management, shift patterns.
Hi! My work experience at SITEL is the best one. All my colleges are friendly, ready to come in your help if is necessary, a nice word or thoughts. Management is like star ready to listen and help.
They give you 2 weeks 9f training - in that time you learn sweet nothing about the job and more about the directors etc. You then have 3 weeks of academy which is also terrifying. You go onto the calls and get plentiful sighs when you ask for help using the systems. The whole place is just full of clicks. so if you want a job here for barely basic training, very poor wage about 200 a week for 21+ and an uncomfortable workplace where youre constantly hearing workers slate others go for it
Pros
Had a free pepsi max on festival day
Cons
Long hours, poor wage, bad atmosphere, bad management
I love Sitel one of the best companies I’ve worked for. Very organised company run by great management! Keeps employees well informed of any updates. Extremely smooth process in hiring us. Great Training.
Pros
Great Management, Good Training, Relaxed environment
So Sitel... if i could rate this institute a zero then i would. Where do i begin?!... Managers are nothing but RUDE and INTIMIDATING. They do not give a toss about you. There is no incentives to help you or to motivate you, all they care about is their own selves. Everyone in every department are quick to shrug you off when you need help, from IT to HR to Real Time. Everyone is so unprofessional.
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything
When I worked there the targets were constantly rising and difficult to achieve, my manager was never there and then shouted at me for not telling him things, half of the training was pointless, a lot of my shifts were evenings followed by mornings which left me having not a lot of sleep. I hated my job here I was temporary for 3 months but they wanted me to have a 6-month probation and there was an opportunity to move from the Swansea call centre which was closing down to another call centre in England, the holidays that were in the advertisement were non-existant and all of the other benefits only kicked in after probation that was longer than the contract.
Pros
Nice colleagues
Cons
Random shift pattern, bad managers
working here really improved my communication and problem solving skills. There’s also great people to work with and easy to get along with for both managers and fellow agents. It also has a great commission scheme with many additional benefits.
Everybody within the company are so friendly and helpful, a fun company to work for. Systems are easy to follow. Training is great. You have a great team manager.
Pros
Homebased
Cons
Shift patterns differ weekly
Started on a work from home campaign. The training was a joke with he trainers being really unprofessional and unprepared.The course was extremely rushed and unprepared and did not not allow for much practice or information regarding the numerous, overly complex, superfluous mish-mash of apps and programs that we were supposed to be using. They were supposed to pay us for training completion and sitting the training assessment, but didn't. After indicating this to the so-called team manger as in instructed, they just redirect you to either their HR Site (which doesn't work) or ignore you. A complete waste of time!
The initial training was very basic but it didn't take long to pick up the use of all internal systems and learn helpful tricks from colleagues. The rules are quite strict but very clear and I can adhere to them easily. I was given a shift pattern I asked for die to being a single parent so this job suits me perfectly. I love helping customers and don't let frustration get me down. I don't have a problem with management.
Pros
Pay on time, suitable daytime shifts, help from Team managers and colleagues
Cons
Basic level of pay and job insecurity
24 March 2020
Thank you for taking the time to leave a positive review. We take every care to ensure that we can attempt to cater for specific shift patterns. We're glad to hear that you are enjoying your time with us so far and feel supported in your role.
I felt really welcomed when I arrived at Sitel, good training and support in the early days. Lots of fun activities and charity events. My manager gave feedback on my calls all the time and help me to improve. Overall a good place and one of the better call centre
12 February 2020
Thanks for taking the time to share your prestiged opinion on us. We take pride in giving outstanding service to every employee and we're overjoyed to receive your compliments and appreciation.
The UKVI campaign is an absolute disgrace ran by incompetent operations management that make the staff feel like worthless pawns used with no regard to their well being or mental health. They charge £1.37 per minute and £5.34 per email! for nothing no advice no help just to direct people to the website, its an absolute scam and this is a government campaign the Home Office should be embarrassed. DO NOT APPLY TO WORK HERE THEY WILL USE AND ABUSE YOU
Pros
nohing
Cons
Poor place, if your face don’t fit, no chance of promotion to a higher position, a lot of click groups, back stabbing, discrimination 100%. Some of the Agents are ok, but still be careful who you talk to! Managers aren’t encouraging at all, very selfish. But if you’re part of the big bosses family or friend circle, then you move up the pecking line fast. ! Otherwise you stay at the bottom!
10 January 2020
We appreciate your feedback, and we want to remind you that we have an open communication policy, also you can look for our Global Code of Ethics and Conduct in www.sitel.com. Sitel provides equal employment opportunities for all current and prospect associates and takes affirmative action to ensure that employment, training, compensation, transfer, promotion and other terms, conditions and privileges of employment are provided without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age or any other consideration made unlawful by Mexican laws. Also Sitel is committed to maintaining a work environment that is free of harassment. In keeping with this commitment, we will not tolerate harassment from Sitel associates by anyone, including any coach, co-worker, vendor or a client.All Sitel associates are responsible to keep a comfortable work environment. If you feel that you have experienced or witnessed harassment, you can notify immediately your Coach or Manager, the Senior Site Manager or the Human Resources Manager. Sitel forbids retaliation against anyone who has reported harassment. If you have any questions, feel free to contact usJosue
The office environment is relaxed but can be a bit demanding depending on campaign. Other than that the working environment is relaxed and colleagues are friendly. Another great thing is that there are many different nationalities, languages, and cultures, all in one office floor.
3 December 2019
It really makes us happy when our associates or former associates share their wonderful work experience in a public platform. !!!