Sitel

Sitel Employee Reviews for Call Center Representative

Formal with a casual atmosphere, flexible hours and an enjoyable place to work. Generous with holiday and fun activities to do when work is slow. All round great place to work.
26 May 2020
Thank you so much for leaving such a positive review. We work hard with advisors' and management to deliver the right type of engagement to make the work enjoyable, and fun activities, as you say when things are quieter. Wishing you the very best for the future.
Worked at Sitel for 4 months on temp contract. My manager was amazing, so kind and accommodating. Job was simple and pleasant. My colleagues were also super fun. Was quite sad to leave, which is a first for any job I've had. Would definitely go back.
Pros
Easy job, friendly and fun management, good pay
I enjoy working at sitel, it offers me a good work/home life balance. My collegues are friendly and management are supportive of career progression. The office is fairly modern and kept clean, plus there is fee parking and the option to work from home.
Pros
Free parking
I was assigned to one of the track and trace teams, and was due to be transferred to another team due to cut backs on that campaign. However instead they fired me on the excuse of me being a foreign national and told me that my permanent visa was not good enough for them and I have no rights.
Pros
Weekly pay
Cons
Long hours, unfair dismissal, unsecure employment
15 April 2021
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. If you want to discuss this further, please call our reception team and leave your name and number and we will call you back.
15 April 2021
Do not recommend working here, colleagues are fun to work with. However management have no real direction and do as they please, easy taking favourites and pushing out all others
Pros
Making friends
Cons
Everything else
9 March 2021
HelloThank you for taking the time to leave us a review.We're sorry to hear that your experience working for us hast been great, however we would encourage anyone with such concerns to speak with us whilst still in emplyoment so that we can try and help resolve any challenges you may be faced with. Best of luck in the future.
If you like a fast paced but lively atmosphere you will enjoy it. Pay is not the best but commission is good if your willing to work for it. The people are the same as anywhere, most are lovely and friendly a few youd like to punch in the face. Progresion is really good and you can move on quite quickly. Most of the mangers are good. Some don't seem to do anything and there are a couple who are super helpful and seem really knowlegeable and approachable. I've worked in much worse places!
Pros
Good commission friendly people lively
Cons
No paid breaks so longer shifts a couple of mangers are terrible
Very Relaxed job, is challenging sometimes like everything else in life but overall SITEL is a good place to work. I have great managers and i enjoy coming to work, my salary is also very generous. Would really recommend working here
Pros
spaced out breaks
3 February 2021
HelloThank you for leaving such a positive review, we are very pleased that you think Sitel NCL is a great place to work and that you enjoy coming to work.
I think would like this job if you like to charge and be your own boss. Although you have Team leaders and Coaches it’s still important everyone fully understands there role and be able to answer customer queries accurately.
Wow where to begin... this was not a job more like a youth centre! Terrible place to work for with awful wages!!!. People just sit on desk in aftercall and ignore calls. Managers don't care and don't say anything... didnt get paid for one week and blamed it on a stupid system where you log into. I left without getting a job as it was that bad. No Covid19 restrictions.. never felt ill before working here as there is no windows to open!! Air conditioning felt like it was never cleaned! Glad to leave this awful place!! AWFUL!
Pros
absolutely none
Cons
Wages. Management. Area. People who work their.
9 February 2021
Thank you for your feedback and sorry you had a poor experience with Sitel based on your feedback.We have actually taken a number of steps in the last 3 months to address some of the concerns you have raised. I can however say that we do operate a Covid secure workplace with temperature checks daily, hand sanitiser all across site, hygiene wipes, site fogging, regular cleaning. I would be keen to understand where you feel the gaps are.If you are comfortable to contact me my number is 07943385021.We always look to action on feedback where appropriate. Our pay rates are competitive and are regularly bench marked for this industry and are substantially higher than the UK minimum wage. Thank you again.
Great place to work breaks fly by but all in all decent place to work. The staff and management are great fast paced work but enjoying everyday of it. Decent pay hourly could do with OT bonus pay.
Pros
Working environment
Cons
Less breaks
9 February 2021
Lovely feedback and very much appreciated. This is the type of experience we like to offer our people and we thank you for taking the time to leave this feedback. Thanks
Learned alot from this company was sad that the campaign ended. Their will be another opportunity to go back 😃 which ill be looking forward to it. They are always their to help you. They have a cafe on site.
Pros
lots overtime available
Cons
people messing about on the floor
26 August 2020
Thank you for your review.It's great to hear that you had a great experience with us and we look forward to seeing you back at Sitel Newcastle soon.
Got sacked along with another 50+ people for not socially distancing enough apparently. I would argue until I was blue in the face that I was and when I asked if I could see the CCTV of where I was sat to prove this, they declined. So all these people left jobless mid pandemic with no warning, written warning, nothing. Instant dismissal for something I would argue did not happen in the first place. This, we all really know, was to do with the fact the Government Track and Trace scheme has been a shambles and there is nowhere near enough cases in comparison to the amount of staff they employed.
Pros
The canteen was nice
Cons
You genuinely get sacked on the spot if they are over staffed
Thoroughly enjoyed my time here, great teams and supportive management, as long as it was a sensible request they would do as much as possible to help.
Pros
Easy work and made great friendships
Cons
Temporaty work
Currently working for Sitel and loving it, really dont want the contract to end so hopefully they place on a new campaign but if they don't I really enjoy working for them, their systems are easy to use, their training is extensive and interesting the team are wonderful and the management are extremely helpful. They also have a great support system for when IT systems are not working properly so you always have help no matter what happens
Pros
work life balance
Cons
nothing
Sitel is a relatively good company to work for. I found the staff to be supportive and felt they were always working to improve everyone's working life. They would create fun insetives around the work place like quizzes and competitions. I felt as though the managers really cared about the staffs well being.I felt the pay was fair as the work wasn't too challenging.
Pros
supportive management, nice co workers, nice working environment, reasonable pay
Cons
temporary contracts, strick control over breaks
Friendly and supportive management. Flexible working hours. Very relaxing break rooms with kitchens to use. Amazing coworkers who bring great cake! Well equipped smoking area.
26 May 2020
Thank you so much for taking the time to leave such a positive review. It is always great to hear that all the hard work we do put in to ensure employee engagement and to support our #peoplefirst culture is paying off and cake - a bonus !
Good social distancing measures, relaxing break rooms supportive and approacable management and flexible hours, friendly team and high level of infection control
Pros
Good pay
26 May 2020
This is great to hear that as a current employee you are comfortable that we are doing all the right things in this current climate to keep you safe. Also thanks for the positive review on the supportive and approachable management and work life balance.Long may it continue. Kind regards
Very eenjoyable place too work. Good pay, and good people. Management are always there too support and help you when needed. I highly recommend sitel.
26 May 2020
Always extra special getting such a great review from a current employee, it is a real endorsement that we are getting things right in our people first approach. Thank you so much for taking the time to leave this review.
Waste of time it was awful the place is awfully ran, if you don’t get on with one of the managers they’ll all hate you and they are all power hungry all you have to do is answer the phone and all the managers are lazy.
Comment – 6 April 2020
I'm sorry to hear your feedback especially in light of the positive steps we've made putting the people at the heart of everything that we do. We've made significant improvements over the past 18 months that focuses strongly on developing exisiting staff that can ultimately lead to internal promotions. I'm unaware of your tenure with us but I'd like to reassure you that any applications for managment have to go through a stringent selection process where we assess competancies specific to people management. It's unfortunate that this has not been reflected in your experience and I'd like to welcome further dialogue with you on this matter. That being said, I'd also like to wish you well in your next role.
Decent place to work at. Management are lovely but also very effective. We used to have old people call in just for company, they would tell us the best pf stories.
24 March 2020
Thanks for taking the time to share your experience with us. We send our best wishes to you!
Worked at Sitel as a call center agent with the Sony Playstation program for 3 years after uni. Got pulled off because I helped guide an elderly customer create an email address to use on their online account! A week later got fired just like that! The funny thing is after I started looking for a job the call center experience was not valid even when looking for customer facing jobs in stores. I would advice people not to get jobs with call centers in the UK. Companies don't regard the experience gained as relevant, even as a call center manager! I had to change names and positions on my CV to get other jobs. Sitel never has an issue getting rid of agents because they could easily employ another one next week without any experience. Its easy to remain there for years as nothing changes, picking the same calls no room for progression. And the lazy ones just don't want to help customers and pass their request on to the next person. Nothing to learn, pay for nothing. Had to do overtime to meet up with regular bills.
  1. Call Center Representative