Sitel

Sitel Employee Reviews for Customer Service Representative

Not the place to work if you're looking for progression, but the management and job security were always there providing you did your job right. The pay was fair, always got along with colleagues and made some good friends for life. Shift patterns enabled me to have a good work/life balance, always catered for unforeseen days needed off, holidays always available.
Pros
Good shifts
Cons
Progression
When they don't need you anymore is a bye bye . Some of the managers are good , some doesn't help at all. not the job of your life for sure .
Pros
Work from home
Cons
You might get 100 calls in a day, no rest .
I worked for Sitel for about 2 years and overall really liked working there, the campaign I worked on was a very stressful and difficult campaign where we needed to know a lot of information by heart, and it didn't feel like the team was appreciated for what we had to go through every day, and definitely weren't paid enough. However the people that I worked with became like family, and 75% of management I loved, the other wasn't bad but I did sense a lot of favouritism with them. Overall though, Sitel is a decent place to work and a lot better than any other call centre job I've had in the past. I would definitely go back to another campaign at some point.
Pros
Good people, decent hours, easy to get to with public transport
Cons
Some favouritism, bad pay
Tend to pick on people at their own choice, was sacked after 6 months for simply having a day off, explained the severity of the situation and that I had no choice but was not appreciated, was told it was my own fault and got the sack.
Pros
Can earn more if want to
Cons
Inconsiderate of the people who work the hardest for them
Apply for a job with this company if you don't have any worries about being randomly let go out of nowhere. There is no job security or advancement or anything of the sort. Contracts are deliberately short and on a weekly rolling basis so if you get canned you have a week to find new employment. Avoid if you are looking for a full on career where you can grow and advance.
Pros
Fun environment
Cons
Always wondering when you will get canned
The only thing I really disliked about working for sitel, if you had a sick day or period of sickness you had to be interrogated as if you where being interviewed by the police. Statements written and signed, the works! Other then that it's alright and it's easy work, and guaranteed hours.
I've never worked at a company that didn't know it's own policies, changed them twice daily sometimes and would communicate the change to you about three days later. Policies were condescending and often I had no idea when I would be working as the rota changed like the weather.
Pros
easy
Cons
boring, unreliable
Very accommodating to personal circumstances, professional with a kind nature overall. The odd manager lets it down(thank goodness I never had one of them) but generally I have enjoyed my time working there and felt appreciated. You just need to conduct yourself professionally like in any other job. Punctuality is key.
Pros
Friendly colleagues and supportive management
Cons
No parking, pay is still minimum wage, cm can be too entitled
Having worked for Sitel on the Test and Trace program I have had the most amazing time. Our team were so supportive on the daily chat board. You could ask questions and get very helpful answers.The training is brilliant and you will always be up-sklilling, or at least we were on the project we were working on.Cannot rate my experience highly enough. Loved it.
Pros
home-based, team chat board, weekly pay
Sitel as a company is a decent place to work to make some income but overall the management is appalling. Was here throughout the track and trace team and 2020 and horrible management - based upon favourites and not who is qualified - useless leadership and completely disorganised.
Pros
Work from home, relaxed colleagues
Cons
Poor management, poor pay, they mess up paying schedules, disrespectful colleagues, disorganised
This job has really helped me as I was made redundant in my previous position. I managed to secure a position fairly quickly on the COVID Response. Within a couple of months the company trusted me to take my 1st step into management with my own team on the Track and Trace Campaign we have. This trust is something I’ll never be able to repay. So thank you so much Sitel. I joined on a 3 week temporary contract. 1 year later I am still with the company
Pros
Progression
Cons
Schedule can sometimes be poor with a few days in 1 day off and so on. However that is soon changing
The job is so stressful. The managers just got out for cigarettes all the time leaving the staff to do all the work. They have no organisation with COVID
I can't say I was completely happy with my time at Sitel, usually because they ask you to work through Monday-Sunday, 8 am - 8 pm, so you need to be flexible all the time as you only know the rota in advance for 1 week, sometimes maybe 2. But apart from that, the salary was a pretty good one, they tried to develop you every single day, from online courses to meetings and all that stuff. The management I worked with was a pretty good one, with my team leader being one of a kind, very helpful all the time. Also, they tried to get you into job culture and everything, so worldwide news is always available, they have some games and competitions every month to get you more energised and work to fulfill your development. I was happy to work here, so why not we can still work again together.
Pros
Shift Swap available
Cons
Working in the weekends
Amazing opportunity, the staff are extremely helpful and supportive, overall a great place to work. The team are there to assist you in any area you need during training, and whilst working from home.
A good job for a self-starter. I got to work from home during the pandemic as part of the NHS Test and Trace programme. Mini training updates and reminders came out daily with a weekly update to the FAQs and information. My team read and acknowledged the updates and shared information and summaries of the changes in our team chats so we knew what we were doing - some people were not so proactive and didn't last long.There were opportunities to take on team leader roles during my time there and a few of my team did. I was made a Subject Matter Expert as were a couple of others in my team who enjoyed research too. Because of the nature of the role staff numbers had to expand and contract with the infection rate so data was tracked to see who to keep and who to let go - sickness, unexplained absence, lateness, not taking calls and not reading training updates etc. Do a good conscientious job and its all good. There was often overtime available too if your metrics were good. I left reluctantly because of a permanent job offer.
Pros
Work at Home. Ability to swap shifts with other agents. Helping people.
Cons
Work load varies so can be incredibly busy or have a slow day. Permenantly on 2 weeks notice.
A very disorganised company that offers very little support to workers. Very dishonest and no transparency in its management. They have little to no HR support. They treat Temp workers with very little respect.
Pros
No pros
Cons
No support
Chaotic hours with schedules that disrupt sleeping patterns. Management don’t do anything and you’ll be pushed and pushed to do more and more with no increases in your pay
At first Sitel's whole vision of wanting their agents to be happy and cared for really sells it. It's not until you are working for the company until you see that they really don't care. Any negative feedback you submit is ignored or filtered out in favour of them only telling you the positive feedback they received. Now they are forcing people to take holidays as they say you have too much, at one point they were telling me 2 days was too much holidays to have accrued, what if you need those holiday hours for an emergency? Doesn't matter to them. Even if you tell them 3 or more weeks in advance of a hospital appointment, they will force you to take unpaid medical leave instead of swapping one of your days off for you. And since they are making people take holidays, some people may not have any holiday hours left to cover it and end up losing a few hours to a whole days pay.
Pros
Work from home
Cons
Will look for any reason to deduct pay from you, even if it is their system or procedures fault
Normally a workplace will let you go based on performance and how well you achieve your targets, well appareantly not Sitel, although the contract is 2 week rolling, they will let you go with 7 days notice, and when they do let you go, they will silence you from speaking about being let go in the group chat. Some of the management are horrendous and absolutely unprofessional! They will be rude and condescending aswell as not have any respect for their peers.
Cons
unpaid break, bad management, un-organised
For sitting around all day pay is decent, the rest is awful management is non existent but most of the people you’ll come across are alright if theyre not higher up
Pros
Work from home
Cons
The rest of it
Overall this was a good job , I got to work from the comfort of my own home which was very convenient. Training and the hiring process was very simple . However some of the managers in test and trace were quite rude and unhelpful . I worked in both test and trace and the vaccination department.The job was temporary I got to work here for about 3 months . I just wish they had a fixed date on their contracts , because the job was temporary you never really know when it’s over until a week before. The test and trace campaign was more organised than the Vaccination line. We were in one huge group of about 700 people in our work chat . They said we would be put into smaller groups but over a month working in the vaccine department our work chat still consists of a very large group which makes it difficult to get help at times. The script should also be amended because we get a lot of questions and the script in the vaccine department doesn’t make it easy to deal with a lot of these queries. The test and trace department is better as they update the scripts to suit the different caller issues we deal with and make it easier for us to do our job.
Pros
Easy job
Cons
Long hours and unpaid breaks
  1. Customer Service Representative