Sitel

Sitel Employee Reviews for Team Leader

The downside to working at Sitel, is there is no job security and the wages are pretty poor depending on what campaign you are working on. Do not expect promotion as they are overloaded with managers, you could become a floorwalker with more responsibility but they will not increase your wages.
Cons
Funny shifts, and unpaid breaks
Fantastic Company. AMAZING support from senior management at all times. Highly recommend SITEL SUA as a place to work! Great work life balance, online learning platforms for ALL employees to acquire new skills, great opportunities for those that are wanting to progress within the industry and a family community amongst all employees within the business! HIGHLY RECOMMEND!
Pros
Work-life balance, support, progression
Cons
Salary
I have enjoyed my place at Sitel and i would recommend this company to anyone who is trying to further their career as there will be plenty of opportunity to do so. It has great leadership that provides a lot of support when needed.
Pros
Free Parking, Great Working Environment, Good Work Culture
Cons
Shifts
I have really enjoyed working for Sitel in Exeter. I've been here for nearly four years and found stability and encouragement, which means I could really get that work/life balance I needed. Every day starts with a warm welcome at reception and puts you in the right mood for the day. I'd encourage anyone who wants to have an enjoyable job, but also feel like they are part of something bigger to apply and work here. I'm still grateful for all the opportunities that have come my way within the company and appreciate the support and guidance given by all my colleagues, past and present.
Pros
Great employee discounts, Work from home opportunities, great work/life balance
Cons
Honestly, just when your favourite colleague isnt working.
16 December 2020
HiThis feedback warms our hearts. Thank you so much for your kind words. We agree with you that Exeter is an amazing place to work, we are very pleased to have you as part of our Sitel family :)
They give you all the talk how they want to retain and develop you however when it comes down to it, they dont care. Senior manager are just focus on short term fixes, there is a revolving door policy, new faces almost daily. poor wages too compared to other places. Often get asked to lie about things or are bullied into certain situations. Campaigns come and go in weeks so theres no stability. Wouldnt recommend this place to anyone. also place is rife with nepotism.
I have worked at Sitel for 2 years now & I can honestly say my time here has been stressful, exciting, unpredictable & no 2 days the same. Saying all that I enjoy my job here. You never really know what the day is going to bring, which is what I love about my job. If you are looking for fast paced then this is the place for you. Senior management are supportive & always looking at improvements.
Comment – 11 March 2020
Thank you so much for your honest take on what we do here on site in Plymouth. It's really refreshing to see that people do really feel like taking on a challenge. We are proud to say that we are taking steps to make improvements for the site. We sincerley hope that you continue with your approach and attitude on site. Thank you again!
This is a great place to work. The people that work here are all friendly and you always feel supported. Fun activities both off site and on site as well as great initiatives to support local charities.
17 March 2020
Thanks for taking the time to leave your positive feedback, we're glad to hear that you're enjoying your Sitel journey. Please share your activities and initiatives with us on Instagram using #SitelLife.
15 April 2020
Thank you for leaving such a positive review, we’re really happy that you describe our site as friendly and supportive. Our Site Management team spends a lot of time organising the engagement activities so it’s great to hear that you enjoy them. We pride ourselves on our Charity work so we’re pleased you like our commitment to this.
Everyday I support staff in their roles all the way through from admin to coaching and feedback. Given lots of opportunity in the three years that i have been here to progress and develop including internal courses and NVQs . Workplace culture is very people first including regular site activities and support for local charities.
10 February 2020
We are incredibly grateful that you took the time out to leave us this note. Our company values to put employee satisfaction as top priority and we are committed to our employees. It is employees like you that make our job wonderful.
15 April 2020
Appreciate your feedback. It’s great to know that you have had the opportunity to develop your skills with us through our NVQ courses. We've worked hard to develop our internal progression courses over the last year so it’s excellent to hear that you're putting those skills to good use through completing coaching and feedback. Our Site Management team spends a lot of time organising the engagement activities so it’s always nice to hear that they are enjoyed by our staff.
Great place to work, provides regular coaching, regular events, social opportunities. The ethos of Sitel is global, and all sites in the family embrace the operating standards, and push them to Excell wherever possible. There are ups and downs, but in a campaign as large as the one in Plymouth, it is to be expected.
13 November 2019
Your review is so encouraging for the whole team here at Sitel- we’re very proud to hear about your experience and that the changes and initiatives onsite across all aspects of the workplace have made such a difference to you and all our colleagues as we continue to look to the future. Thank you!
There are many great people working for Sitel and have really grown/developed as a person for future career prospects. Unfortunately don't see this a long term career due to lack of salary and opportunities.
Sitel Kingston is a corrupted workplace, operations managers have very low education and skills, managers are chosen on personal friendship/relations, you must befriend them or you get isolated. Most of the agents working there are foreigners with excellent qualifications and hard workers, they create a lovely and rich environment, sadly they are managed by unskilled people and they cannot progress or learn because of this, hence the high attrition level. HR will not protect employees, and will stand by Sitel stuff for anything. The big issue is there is no trust with their client as they constantly provide wrong reports, I would not recommend Sitel as a workplace and would not recommend to any customer service that is based in Sitel Kingston. Finally, the pay is mediocre, although their client give a respected money but Sitel pockets more than 60% of it.
Pros
Cons
Unskilled, unprofessional site director and operations managers with constant sarcasm and criticism.
6 August 2020
Thanks so much for taking time to share your valuable feedback on your time with Sitel.We are saddened that some behaviours you may have witnessed were not communicated appropriately.There are challenges in trying to create a work environment that is enjoyable, fulfilling, well paced and full of development for a wide group of employees from different backgrounds.You each have your own expectations which is great and brings energy and potential to the role, however in a site of over 300 staff with a huge variety of commitment, expertise, skill and flexibility we cannot help but fall short from time to time with development of everyone to their desired level. We understand this and genuinely seek to improveIf we don’t hear it, we can address it. So thank you for taking your time to speak up about your personal experience of the team and the role here in Kingston.
I have only recently joined SITEL and already been promoted and I am currently in my dream role! I was fully supported with my step into management. Everyone has been helping towards my development and I have made some great friends. Would recommend for people who are ready to build their career. Salary and bonus have been great!!
Pros
Salary and Bonus
Cons
None so far
SITEL promote to have fun, but this is not possible as we are over loaded with work, it makes us depleted. they are always trying to save money by delaying the hiring of managers which overloads the existing managers. Giving falls promises to overwork you as long as possible, saving money on your back.
Agents received a pay rise to take them to the Living Wage yet managers did not receive any extra. The Recruitment policy is poor, carrying out assessment centres within days of a start date does not attract the best candidates which leads to high attrition and added pressure on Team Managers.
Pros
Able to manage in my style
Cons
Salary and recruitment
Great for progression and experience building, low pay as outsourced. Great people to work with, can be quite pressured or relaxed dependant on which area of the business you’re in.
Sitel Kingston is a nice place to work and great to meet people from other countries! There are a lot of different activities organised throughout the year to have fun. Team and Management are great and I enjoy working with them. I'm happy to come to work every morning. There is also a great possibility to grow within the company which is not always possible in other companies.
Sitel is good if you are looking for the first job.After that the salary is too low and the boss and the OPS are taking care about only their salaries
Avoid it at all costs They don't have a clue about anything, it's just a massive recruitment lacking quality. HR doesn't care at all Poor training and lack of career
Cons
Started as an agent and was actively encouraged to progress. I was given the support to progress up to Team manager. I have learnt about the dynamic world of call center management and this has made me a better manager and betterable to manage any thing that comes my way.
Pros
Great people to work with
Cons
Not always stable employment
16 May 2019
Development and progression continues to be important to us, and we work to support individuals in achieving their goals and aspirations. Thanks for taking the time to leave a 5 star review.
Decent development if you put the effort in but once you reach management level progression and training slows to a near standstill. The people are what makes the company but unfortunately the 'People first' mantra is rarely put into practice.
All admin work completed by team manager, also day to day running of 30 + advisors. I have learnt that people are more likely to perform in a happy environment this is what i set out to achieve. The hardest part of the job is to try not to get to involved with the admin side that my affect the people who do the hard work - the advisors. The most enjoyable part is watching and helping people enjoy their job, watch them develop and grow in the company.