Sizzling Pubs logo
Sizzling Pubs

Sizzling Pubs Employee Reviews

Work-life balance

Lovely place to work

Fab place to work, I had a little work family and genuinely enjoyed my job but the pay is not enough, I was under 21 when I worked for this company and was being paid a lot less then people doing the same job, just older then me. The customers are lovely and everyone is trained properly and fairly. If they considered raising the wages I would come back to work for them.

Do not work for this company!!!

This is the worst company I have ever worked for. The management is atrocious, long hours with no breaks and after every shift they take you off the clock earlier than you finish and don’t pay you for it! I lost SO much money from them doing this, I complained but made no difference. (They do this at all the sizzling pubs). They don’t care about your well being whatsoever, mental health ‘isn’t a thing’ apparently, they treat you like utter s***! You have to work EVERY weekend, sometimes work for 2 weeks straight without a day off. You have no life whatsoever. I do not recommend working for this company

Productive and friendly

I find it very friendly and get great job satisfaction .if I have any problems I know I could talk to my manger at anytime which I've never had that at my other jobs before

Pros

Great discounts

Cons

easy and social work place

my experience at sizzling pubs was easy going. it taught me social skills on how to communicate with people in everyday life, and the management were helpful and listened to me.

not difficult work but can be demanding

pros *discounts and perks *the work isnt difficult *online training very informative *free uniform cons *very busy and rushing around *sometimes very quiet then get told off for doing nothing *expected to cover shifts last minute *can have very rude customers

Keep well away.

Worst place to work the hard workers get nothing but dreadful pay , worked like a slave no investment in any of the staff , all they’re interested in is making more and more profit - teaching targets to line the area managers pocket. Under staffed / under paid and under valued .

Pros

Nothing at all.

Cons

Loved working here great friendley staff

My experience was a good experience working for sizzling pubs very good company to work for only left due to having my 5th and final child which they were very understanding

Pros

Plently of hrs and busy which i enjoy

Cons

Quiet days with not much to do

Money grabbers

Very much put as little money into your business to make as such as possible. Impossible to keep team retention as busy peaks vs team on shift never enough. Example, have a kitchen team of 6 only, 3-4 on shift for busy nights only yet still unable to keep up with volume, faulty equipment to. Dinner times labour only gives you 1 chefs alone for handle £800 worth of sales in 2 hours. 2 chefs on any typical night, 3-4 on Friday and Saturday night only but only because you have to remove hours elsewhere. Never any tools and equipment to do your job, B&M and poindworld were main suppliers as no budget to afford our consumables through company budget so team had to buy out of own pocket. Run around like headless chicken for NMW.

Cons

Long hours, life/ work balance, understaffed, no investment

A great place to work

It's a good place to work you are given all the training you will need. The management are very supportive. A typical day will start with you getting set up for the day i.e. Prepping and stocking up. It can be hard work but when you finish a rush you feel good

Pros

Staff discount

Cons

Possible long shifts

You wil lern a lot

The landlord can be moody and is over worked. More employees will help him out a lot. A fun but stressful place to work, but 100% worth it. The food is nice to.

Pros

nice locals

Cons

violence

Jobs at Sizzling Pubs

See more jobs

Bad place to work long hours little brakes

Mangerment is really bad hours stoped if they ant happy with you, even if you are ment to be on a set amount. Long hours min wage and no thank you. Late nights and early mornings. The only good thing was some of the people you work with. Not allowed to talk to the custermers as the manager will slag you off and the staff.

Pros

It’s money

Cons

Long hours treated like you don’t matter

Awful!!!

Honestly the worst management ever, long hours with no breaks, no social life. They don’t thank or appreciate you and the work you do and no chance of progression as they employ other people instead of doing what they said they would do and progress you. Awful awful awful!!!!

Never

If you love a social life don’t apply for this! Very badly ran. Expected to work long hours for no Thankyou what so ever. Don’t like working for the company at all

Cons

productive and fun work place

i started working for sizzling pubs with no kitchen experience, i was asked if id like to try it , i got full time one to one training from the accredited kitchen manager for the company , after i was trained i was offered a permanent job in a brand new kitchen in a different location , the opportunity and lifestyle that came with the job was excellent , learning the day to day running of a kitchen/ pub was really intense and hard work but once id picked it up the work llife and people were great .

Good

The place was very well run and i enjoyed working here very much although the pay may not have been as good i still very much enjoyed working here and the experience that it gave me

Demanding but fun place to work.

A demanding role with new systems so constant updates and not always in order. A fulfilling day when accompanied with the running of the pub but always something new to challenge you.

Pros

Guests feedback on our beautiful boutique rooms.

Cons

Early starts at 6.30am

Team ethos

I enjoyed my time at The Wildwood and made some lifetime friends. My manager tried her best to work to my advantage and was compassionate when it really counted.

Pros

discounts

Cons

busy work periods with few staff at times

Very social and enjoyable

Working in the pub trade I was told I wouldn't enjoy, due to the hours etc. But I have to say I have loved it, a very sociable job, and as long as you have the right attitude towards the job then it can be very enjoyable and satisfying. The only small downside I would say, is the salary isn't out of this world. But money doesn't buy happiness.

Pros

Enjoyable

Good place to work and a good team

Good place to work, Meet good people. Good team. Good company benefits. Good management team in place. Good staff discount.

Perfect for students

Good place to work for students or people finding your feet! Not many opportunities for anyone that's not management. Hours can be unsociable Management can be rude and uncaring Customers are very welcoming No perks or benefits

Pros

Friendly customers

Cons

Long hours, bad management

Great team and friendly customers.

Typical day consists and serving food and drink to customers and making sure they're satisfied with their experience here. Cleaning the interiors and exteriors so they're to a high company standard as to attract custom form the public. End of shift usually consists of turning off all gaming machines, cleaning down the bar and lounge area and restocking the fridges. Working here I've learned how to use tills and handle money, improved communication skills with both fellow team members and with the public. Learned most aspects of working behind a bar from pulling pints to changing barrels. Management at this job is the best I've had so far. No demanding for jobs to be done, instead asking you to do them which is how it should be. Overall friendly and doesn't think themselves above others, instead working together as one team to get through the day together. Same can be said for my co-workers, best I've had, easy to communicate with and work with and generally make me feel welcome and enjoy my shift. Hardest part of my job at first was dealing with a bust rush of customers as it was my first time dealing with the public. But after a while I got used to it and could handle the rush, effectively serving one customer and then proceeding to the next, in relatively quick succession. The most enjoyable part of my job is knowing I'm appreciated by customers and my fellow team members. Gives me a sense of worth and satisfaction in my work which I haven't really had until now.

Pros

Discount on food whilst on shift; great team and management

Cons

Unpredictable pay and hours; unsociable hours
  • Sizzling Pubs