Skechers

Skechers Employee Reviews

United Kingdom122 reviews

Found 122 reviews matching the searchSee all 2,205 reviews
shoecommissiontargetdiscountshopstoresaleretail

Bad pay. Bad leaders. Bad company.

Skechers are big on a sales culture, greeting people, pushing add on's ect. I think they are a bad company overall. The shop I worked in was way too slow paced and the management above are not very understanding when you start to struggle.You have to write an end of day email detailing the day on top of all the other management responsibilities, it's such a waste of time. There is almost no communication between parts of head office, marketing would have us change something, we would then be emailed by someone telling us not to (almost always after the job had been actioned). Had an issue with price changes sometimes, with them being wrong and having to change them all again the next day.The online side of the business needs more integration with the stores, not being able to click and collect/order missing sizes for customers is an actual joke, it's 2023 Skechers, get with the times! I would say this is a nice job for uni students, as sales assistants. Management are paid poorly and treated badly by those above, when the company appears to be doing well. Profits before people comes to mind. If you want top talent pay a decent wage.Admittedly, before I left targets became more achievable, so that boosted morale slightly. Before that though if your store didn't do well it was because you were incompetent, not much thought by upper management given about stores individual circumstances. UPS deliveries would sometimes randomly turn up, often at the worst times of the day staffing wise. Training was generally poor, this may have just been unique to my store. Have an -

Pros

50% staff discount, Free first pair of shoes, Well presented stores, Interesting products

Cons

Poor pay, Bad leaders, Slow to improve things, Overly American, causes cultural issues, Bad training, Blackout periods for holiday during peak periods of trade, I.T issues, Archaic systems

If you like little support and poor management, this is the place to be...

Store Managers were either bad at the job or put under immense pressure and would not stay for any substantial amount of time to give the store stability. Lower level management would often have to do a job above their pay to keep the store ticking over. Very little support from upper management in the business and or Head Office. Frequently understaffed and long opening hours meant the job was stressful and impacted work life balance negatively.

Pros

Discount on product, commision

Cons

Long hours, Understaffing, No support from management

Insights into Skechers

Areas for improvement
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging

Really good place to work but the managers salary needs increasing the managers salaries are all close together but store managers have a lot more responsibilities. Compared to local jobs and competitors the salary for managers are much less

Pros

Bonus, staff

Cons

Not enough help with staff training

Hideous.

Awful place to work. The only saving grace was some nice work colleagues. My mental health improved when I left and now I'm thriving. There are way better jobs out there. Don't do it.

No Respect

wasn’t properly trained. given massive sections to clear and manage all my yourself if you’re not favoured but if you’re favoured you’re given small sections to share which just isn’t fair.

Pros

Cons

long long hours

Fun workplace, pay not too great.

i have worked at skechers for three months and overall i enjoy it, the people are really friendly, the managers know what theyre doing and its a great fun environment. However, they pay exactly minimum wage which isnt great money.

Fun workplace, straightforward work

Recommend the company highly management is great, staff are great, work there is very straightforward and enjoyable hours of work are also very good.

Pros

People

Cons

Also people

Was fun and exciting

Sales is like an every new day everyone. I had fun talking to the customers and helping with their purchase. Was fun and exciting to work and never boring

Pros

Extra commission pay for the sales you make

Cons

Different shifts

Productive and fun

Clubsport Skechers offers a great support network, always working with you to ensure work life balance is met. Passionate about their products and services is key to building a great future. Comfortable innovative footwear offering comfort whilst you work, great discount scheme too.

Pros

Discounts, commission, bonus, flex working

The most fun I ever had

I loved working for skechers- mainly due to the people and management. Teamwork is valued extremely highly and everyone is always willing to help others. I felt very welcomed from the beginning right til the end. The job itself can be stressful sometimes as it can be very fast paced and you have to multi-task loads at a time. But it is very rewarding and a fun environment.

Pros

Perks- discounts. Management-staff teamwork

Cons

sometimes extremely fast paced

An okay place to work

The management were prone to overpromising and underdelivering. There was little talk of progression but a lot of personal responsibility on hitting sales targets. A typical day was pretty boring but the bonus was cool

Fun workplace

Great team and place to work. Room for progression. Commission pay. Free uniform and shoes. Fun place to work! Very flexible with working hours and supportive.

Great job for people who are studying/ looking for flexible shifts

Working at Skechers can be a fast paced, competitive environment, but it’s also enjoyable due to the friendly staff members. It’s a great workplace for someone who is looking for flexible shifts during the week.

Awful.

Worked there for a month before leaving. I was warned that several people had left before I was employed, and whilst I was working here even more people left. I got a bad feeling about it even at interview, which I clearly should have listened to sooner.Management were inconsiderate and insulted me behind my back, then told me off for trivial things. One manager would single me out to do the worst tasks and scan my work for mistakes, regardless of how small or trivial they were, then tell me off in a very non-constructive manner.I was never educated about the store policies and was scolded for “ignoring” them when I was absent due to covid, even though I gave a day’s notice. I was then told that this time off would certainly be held against me in the future. Managers also didn’t pay attention to my availability (even though it was clearly written down) when creating the rota; I had to emphasise that I couldn’t do certain days due to college on around four occasions in two weeks. Colleagues were also becoming increasingly upset because they were overworked, even though they specifically asked for minimal hours. Extremely poor workplace. Commission is good as well as the rate of pay for under 18s (£8.36), but most of the management team were deplorable. Do NOT work here if you value your mental health!

Pros

Commission, rate of pay, employee discount (50%)

Cons

Mean managers & work life balance

Productive, fast paced.

Management isn’t great. Doesn’t care about team members. Has no relationship with any associates. Often feel like you’ve done something wrong and tread on eggshells around manager. You should feel you can be yourself at work. Well not here

Pros

Good money

Cons

You put a lot in and don’t get much back. Not a very good work/life balance, depending on hours.

Lack of management knowledge Favourite in the work place If new might feel left out

Wouldn’t work here again. Only good benefit is the pay, With the commission they tend to get a bit funny about it.

Pros

Holidays

Cons

Day goes so slow

Ok

It’s ok. Not the best not the worst. Free shoes every six months. Staff discount. Uniform is t-shirt. Overall enjoyment depends on the staff you work with.

Pros

Discount

Cons

It’s Skechers the shoes at times are a bit garish

Busy workplace

Great place to work in a busy environment. It will keep you busy all day but was nice working environment. The hours were nice but also very long someday over Christmas

Pros

nice hours

Fun work place

Really nice staff and work culture, that would always often accommodate for flexible hours on the weekend and everyone is always willing to swap shifts

Pros

Flexible hours

Cons

Short hours

Underpaid, undervalued, understaffed, overworked

Poorly paid for the amount of workload that is often unfairly distributed amongst staff. Used to be a fun and exciting place to work full of opportunities and development. Gone down the pan since covid hit. Unsupportive store managers when they’re not shying away from working they’re undermining their staffs knowledge and advice. Minimal support from HR, get shouted at if not hitting targets (even though they’ve taken away all incentive for customers to stay loyal to the brand). Used to be one of the best retail companies to work for now just like all the rest.

Pros

Commission although varies as not always fairly distributed

Cons

Lazy managers, Poor/non existent training, No incentives for customers or staff anymore, Poor stock management, Pay is abysmal for those who have bills etc to pay for, Underappreciated

a company that invests in training staff to a high level for once. Fun environment

I love working for Skechers. The products we sell are high quality so it makes a difference. The staff are friendly and work hard to hit targets. It can be fun and face paced and other days its hard to stay motivated. I do wish the hours could be more flexible but its difficult to do that in retail.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Skechers. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.1 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare Skechers with

Learn about Skechers in popular locations

• Skechers
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?