Skechers

Skechers Employee Reviews

The work was hard, fast paced and demanding, however you knew what you were going into each day. You knew when deliveries were and how much you were getting, you knew in advance when you were needed on the shop floor and when you could work out the back. Incentives were always on offer and achievable at a store level and company level.
Pros
Consistency and structure
Cons
Be ready to work hard
A busy and fast paced environment but everyone gets on and has a laugh even the managers which is nice. You get commission on sales too and free shoes sometimes.
Consiglio a chiunque di lavorare per Skechers! Un’azienda seria e meritocratica
Pros
Tutto
Cons
Nessuno
I work as weekends staff as I am a student and luckily can work both days at the weekend. I’m on a 5 hour contract and would like to be moved up to 10 hour but apparently it’s “too much effort” according to management. I often feel offended and bullied on the group chat with constant nitpicking and abusive messages from management. A typical day consists of serving customers, doing deliveries and organising stock however you make the tiniest error and you will be pulled up on it. I get told off for not understanding merchandise in however as a weekend staff member I don’t need to know this. I do long hours with little pay and not much appreciation for my time. You don’t get a break for working less that 6 hours and the benefits are awful. You get one free pair of shoes per year which is awful when they break after 2 months of wearing them. You also get 1x 50% and 2x 30% for your self or family however get judged for using family discounts. Discussions between employees are never pg or ‘safe for work’ which makes me feel uncomfortable and bad for customer. To summarise, DONT DO IT. don’t work here. As someone who is now looking for a new job just don’t bother, meetings are about learning, their about belittling staff members and outright embarrassing those who make simple mistakes.
Pros
Christmas meal was only £10 and nice food
Cons
Minimum wage, long hours, stressful, rude management
Extremely high expectations my target was 10 grand during COVID the other week. Been top seller for two weeks in a row and no praise from management clear favouritism. The job itself is fairly easy however if you don’t meet the target your given or aren’t close to it which could be multiple reasons why you can’t force people to buy. You will be pulled up for it.
Pros
Discount every month for employees
Cons
High expectations blamed for low sales
Great people, fantastic management the company is great for student workers as there is a flexible rota. There are a lot of rewards for a great customer service great sales. sometimes is hard when the big delivery comes but otherwise is a great place to work
Fast paced and requires a lot of energy. Working there has been a blast and this is why i worked there for nearly four years. Fun place to work and the rewards are amazing.
The job itself is fine it’s just a stressful environment. This is due to poor and ill trained manger. Also contributing is a unrealistic expectations placed on sail assistance. From the work load to targets and the commission just cases arguments
I loved working there and got on well with the team however, for the job that I’m doing which is stressful and competitive I feel that minimum wage is not fair.
Pros
Busy
Cons
Pay
A company that is who you know and like , not what you know or how good at your job you are , not given your working hours till 2 days before that week starts
Cons
Pay is minimal, who you know not what you know
Enjoyable interaction with colleagues as well as managers. Some tasks can be frustrating. Most mangers are understanding and repscectful. Hardest part of job is taking in delivery
Pros
Suitable hours and flexible
Cons
Tad boring
No job security. Poor management & support. No training or development. No solutions to help drive kpi’s. Very much a blame culture which started with the owners.
You sell loads of shoes and the day flies by. The late hours are something to consider if you live far away. The organisation of the stockroom is very easy to learn and once you know it your job becomes simple.
Sadly this was without doubt the least organised and most unprofessional environment I have ever worked in.Area management and senior management positions are held by extremely ineffective people who are simply not qualified for their roles.I would recommend to anybody applying, dont do it, move onto the next vacancy elsewhere and avoid Skechers completely.
Average pay but with the bonus of commission. It is great when there is overtime but sales contracts are based on 6hrs, and additional shifts are often taken away or changed at short notice. Management are incompetent and don't work as a team. Their negative attitudes cause a hostile work environment, and there is clear favoritism. The job is easy, although training is rushed so you need to pick things up quick. Best part of the job is the sales team.
It's a fun place to work for, with great staff and good commission on sales, however, recently it has become a zombie-like zone which has ruined the fun and enjoyment of the workplace. The supervisors are great, however, due to lots of management changes under a short period of time, things got a bit too messy and the store got desperate in hiring its most recent manager. But overall, it's still a great place to work in.
i am happy to work with skechers ,but i am looking for more challenge and opportunities as promote.i being working more than one year. i am great employee always finish my tasks on time.and reach the store target.but the management does not value my job.they are not so professional
I’ve worked for this company for over a year and it has been the best job I’ve ever had. Some management does need work, but with being new comes more to learn. If you have a problem they do usually try and get it resolved quickly. The job is very repetitive so it’s easy to pick things up but it can get tiresome as you’re constantly doing the same thing. I would say overall it is a great job with great money.
Terrible supervisors Very competitive because of commission Time was only 1 week ahead, not enough time for to make plans. Can be very physical. Allot of customer service experience.
I really enjoy working at Skechers. We have a great team, the management are brilliant with keeping our spirits up - giving recognition when it's deserved and if you need to swap a shirt for any reason, they will work around you as much as possible. Sometimes the shop can be busy so you multi serve 4-6people at anytime but when you know what you're doing it becomes 2nd nature. It's not a job for the faint hearted, products change constantly so keeping up to date is a must.
Great opportunities, you need to be strong at your job role, the company want a lot from you but the perks/ benefits are good. District Manager expects a lot, can be spoken to out of term, not always appreciated. What retail company isn't at the moment though. I enjoyed my time with the company.
  1. Employee reviews