Skinnydip London

Skinnydip London Employee Reviews

Relaxed and a lot of time on your own

A slow paced environment (dependent on the shop of course), potentially will have to work on your own a lot. 50% discount. Management weren't always helpful.

Bad company

1) they dont care about their staff 2)everyone has different pay rates even if there doing the role 3)they over work staff 4) rubbish pay 5) mangers get talked down to by unorganised owners or head office. 6) everyone is very 2 faced

Okish place to work

I applied for the job of Sales Assistant (part time) on December 04th, and by the end of the day (04th dec) I was emailed asking when I would be available for a phone interview, I had the interview the next day dec 05th and was offered the job on the same day. I then went into my local Topshop as that is where my stands are, and everyone I met was nice and friendly towards me. I would say that if you haven't done that much visual merchandising before then this job wouldn't be for you. I have learned how Skinnydip set out their sale items and how they are stickered, which isn't that different from job's I have done in the past. The only hard part of the day would be when the customers are queuing up to pay for their items, as the concession stand is opposite the tills. I don't have a problem with my boss nor the bosses of the topshop that I work in. The workplace culture in my store is nice and friendly I enjoy all parts of this job. A typical day consists of taking pictures of how the clothing and phone case stands as they are needed by your concession co-ordinator (this just proves that you are work) and then taking pictures of the stands just before you finish your shifts.

Very Poor

I was trained by multiple shop floor members. The equipment would always break and we would be responsible for fixing it. The manger takes advantage of the rota using it to benefit her personal life. HR does nothing but okay games in the office and take their dogs. They would pop in once in a while to change stuff around and haste you to help. Instead of closing the store and do fixtures they want us to come in in the morning

great fun

a typical day involved serving customers and just making sure the store it prepped and ready for customers. closing goes along smoothly and is does opening. The only issue is its monthly pay.

Relaxed Environment. Chill Company. Teething Problems

VERY chilled and relaxed working environment. Teammates become good mates etc. Pay needs and should be better for living in London and all the responsibility you have. Even as a Brand Ambassador. Freedom for self expression. Good opportunity for internal progression. Downsides; company is fairly new so there are some teething problems with certain policies and procedures. There can be a lack of communication between HO and Retail Stores.

Not great

If your in to the 3AM starts then this job is for you! Buttt the space is so small you are so confined there is never really anything to do unless you are a supervisor then you can do the more “fun” jobs ie stock takes, clearing the stock room, and all then kinda things if you aren’t management role then you are pretty much just standing there and waiting for a customer. very boring.

productive

skinny dip provides you with an opportunity to gain new skills and solidify other skills such as time management. a typical day may be quite busy depending on how big the store is and how accessible your stand is. the hardest part about the job is making sure you do the stocktake right.

Pros

discounts

Cons

tight schedule

fun and flexible workplace

really lovely management and a really fun job if you're creative

poor

extremely poor management, head office and management all talk behind each others backs. loved the girls on my team but apart from that it was awful. didnt have a manager for majority of my time there so basically taught myself. a lot of responsibility for very little pay.

Pros

discount

Cons

management

**Realist review for skinnydip** read this

I was 16 when I started working at skinny Dip I was told that I had to start opening and closing on my own when having no experience in this what so ever, this included counting the money in tills and sending it off to the bank, which Is a massive responsibility at such a young age and in my first week of working for the company. I’ve been here for a year the head office are horrible they are condicending and patronising. They act as though they know everything they are talking about when in fact they have no idea and always give bad advice and they are rude and fake to your face. Always trying to catch us out and make us believe we have done something wrong when it’s all because most of us haven’t Had the correct training. I am left for hours on my own as only 2 people are in on a day apart from Saturday when it’s 3 and being such a small store we have no toilet so I wasn’t able to go toilet when on my own for 3 hours. Constantly on my feet. They also have their own rest break rules for example: 30 min break on a 7 hour shift JOKE. STAY CLEAR AND DONT APPLY FOR THIS COMPANY. Also the owners know nothing about how to run a company everything is done on an iPad and that’s how we communicate to our head office, even the TILL is an iPad, everything is done by an IPad It’s stupid and unprofessional always crashes and if the I pad dies you can take any orders or do anything. Which is so unprofessional. Company sells The worst stock and it’s awfully made and imported from China and is frequently sent broken in delivery. Which we then have to fill out a form of what -

Pros

50% off no dress code, staff are so nice all close friends now, lovely manager!

Cons

Awful head office, load of responsibility and low pay overall worst job

Read

Supervisor was unfair, very snide and used to degrade all the brand ambassadors behind their backs. We also didn’t have a store manager. This caused a lot of issues. Also management would talk to other sales assistants behind other colleagues backs about not trusting employees. In my eyes this was very unprofessional, when speaking to head office they would reassure us and then tell us that it would be sorted but instead go behind the sales assistants backs and tell the supervisor what we had said in confidence to them. Shocking. Head office also are extremely patronising and you are not praised at all. Very all over the place. All in all, I did love the girls I worked with and the amazing discount. Felt like there was no progression sadly as I wanted to go into a higher retail role ( supervisor or management) .

Pros

Pay and a good holiday allowance

Cons

Absolute joke of a company

One of the most ridiculously run companies I’ve ever worked for, Owners have absolutely no idea what they’re doing or even how to run retail stores. They always expect you to go the extra mile for minimum wage, no incentives apart from 50% discount in store, never any recognition for hard work, not even a thank you. There was always a new problem every week that wouldn’t be sorted for months on end, just poor all round.

Pros

Work colleagues and in store management made it bearable

Cons

Poor higher management, no recognition, promises of progression in interviews when there’s zero opportunities unless you relocate to London

Bad place to work.

Dreadful. Head office are rude to those in stores (not all but many), they speak to you in a very patronising manner and as though you are incapable, they are unhelpful and put a load of extra responsibility onto their staff and without any acknowledgement or bonus’ ect, or just simple gratitude. Part time brand ambassadors are left on their own for hours on end, have to open on their own, close on their own, and all for no extra pay, despite doing what professional companies would describe as a managerial or supervisor role. They are so expectant; majority of the time we would have two members of staff on a 12 hour day, which would have to cover lunch times and dealing with other tasks which may be out of store too. There were no change orders in my whole duration, we had to keep asking surrounding stores for change even during busier periods such as summer holidays and Christmas. In the interview we were all promised there were plenty of chances for progression in store included, yet there isn’t one single route that allows you to progress unless you plan on relocating to London when a position becomes available. I wouldn’t advise working for this company at all.

Pros

My store manager/ other colleagues.

Cons

All of the above.

Productive workplace

Working at the head office as an intern was really interesting; I learnt how the company runs day to day and it was super productive. You get involved in actual projects and not just typical intern stuff like tidying up or making drinks. Everyone here was friendly and welcoming.

Pros

friendly people, doing actual work

Cons

sometimes a bit disorganised

skinny dip NOT a skinny legend

There's poor management and no regards for their employees. More agency workers than actual employees. People leave every other week. It seems like they just want employees to exploit.

Fun place to work

Working here is fun and easy to make friends! Loads of incentives to win prizes which is fun. There's chance learn things like cashing up and opening the stores. The staff discount is great.

Pros

Incentives

Cons

Weekend work

Really bad do not work here

Everything’s run by a iPad, that’s how head office communate unless they turn up and that’s if you’ve done something wrong Always trying to catch you out, always making fake promises of promotion if you do them a favour Terrible brand, cheap company, get you to do management jobs as a sales advisor on minimum wage

Pros

50% discount (capped every 4 months)

Cons

Long hours, can’t go to the toilet, minimum wage, terrible head office, bad management

do not work here

The owners and management take advantage, expect a lot for £7.50 an hour. Pretend they are a 'luxury' brand when their products break very easy and are of a cheap quality. Save your time and get a job anywhere else.

Fun workplace, poor management

Opened and closed the store, cashing up, dealt with customer service and replenished the shop floor. Management was poor and unorganised. Co-workers were fun and we all built relationships easily. Hardest part of the job was the unreliable management. Most enjoyable part of the job was the collaborations and the companies that Skinnydip worked with.

Pros

Access to launch parties/collaborations

Cons

Poor management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Skinnydip London. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.3