Work wellbeing score is 63 out of 100

Sky

Sky Employee Review

Workplace is rubbish,manager resist

Sky is good company but the store people are horrible, management rubbish, resist, and kot helpful staff or colleagues. Product good to sale but expensive. Keep changing management is not good sign. Favouritism and nepotism at sky

Pros

Good product of tv

Cons

Expensive, management

3.0 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Same role

Unfortunately not like it used to be

Worked at sky for years, left recently due to the stress of the job. Worked within cancellations/complaints which is also the dumping ground for other departments calls that advisers didn’t want to deal with and will cold transfer the customer through without explaining to the customer or yourself. Customers often passed pillar to post due to some advisors behaviours which then causes longer wait times or misinformation to be given, this means by the time they come to the cancellation department they are understandably upset and frustrated. You’ll be advised to raise advisor feedback which would go to agents manager but often seems no actions get taken on back it as it’ll be highly likely you’ll get a similar call the following week. Due to nature of the types of calls the department takes; a lot of calls customers would be irate, passive aggressive or verbally abusive.Hybrid working which was great however last year the call centre space became a very negative environment which was felt across the call centre floor, used to be upbeat and had fun things going on, management advised would get back to this space but not much changed.Constantly changing bonus schemes and the most recent one being incredibly difficult to actually build your bonus and would earn more money when on annual leave or sick. Call routing is unfair.Very long hours for full time, majority shifts are 4 days on 3 off, part time shifts are great hours and better for work life balance however only a few available and usually long waitlist to move onto.Used to be a great place to work however over last -

Pros

Free sky, cheap canteen

Cons

Long hours.

Nerve wracking

Learned a lot about dealing with customers and how to emotionally deal with tough times at work but with the level of micro managing and the lack of work life balance I have really struggled mentally when working at Sky, the team and people are fantastic and kind but the job really made me struggle mentally.

Pros

Free food, Free Sky

Cons

Micro management, long hours
Same role

No job security over worked and over watched

Working for sky at first was really good, fun vibes celebrating every sale, everyone got on with each other, all tv department sat on the same floor, everyone smiling it was something you didn’t dread, bonus was easy to get and we got given codes to help us save the customer as a last ditch. But then seating plans came in, teams on different floors, constant changes of departments (moved to broadband priory calls with no offers for us to help save someone’s tv package) and with sky as a product falling behind and despite the price of cost of living going up they continue to bulk up the price of their products meaning more and more angry calls with customers and less opportunity to sell extra when you have to tell them they’re paying more this year. They own now tv and decided to make several staff go redundant and also decided on a price increase on now broadband at the same time as this. This meant all sky staff had to chip in and take now calls jumping back and forth between sky to now sometimes without us knowing so we would get a sky customer while on the now system and have to tell them to ring back in despite waiting or transfer them. After a few week of repetitive price increase calls they then decide to give us an offer for the customer which meant they would actually now be paying the same price/cheaper than initially so it was absolutely pointless to put the price up in the first place. They also wanted us to sell sky glass while we could on sky calls as the product isn’t doing how they expected. Mainly because they try to tie people into 4 year payment plans for the -

Pros

Free sky half price internet, holiday buy, free lunch

Cons

Long hours, no work to life balance, feel trapped, can’t relax

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sky. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.9 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare Sky with

• Sky
  • Workplace is rubbish,manager resist
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?