SMART DENTAL CARE

SMART DENTAL CARE Employee Reviews

Work-life balance

Growing Company

Currently working as a manager for Smart. They are a fast growing company and still family owned. They have invested a lot in technology and have made the administration almost paperless which meant i had to invest in new skills but it saves me a lot of time. The company is demanding of high standards but have a great incentive program if you can deliver. They have slowly investing in more management support as they grow which is helping me in my job. The best thing is that they recognise good qualities in staff and I myself have been promoted several times in a few years as I have developed and taken on more responsibility. Working in Smart at a senior level does not suit everyone as there is no place to hide however they tend to recruit from within the company for senior staff and then train them up. Whenever they have taken anyone else then they have not lasted as they dont seem to keep up. The family are strict hindus and hence vegetarians which sometimes impacts on the staff in the head office but a nice touch is that they allow us to where slippers in the head office to make us feel more comfortable.

avoid working for this company all together

lie about the working hours you will be working earlier and a lot later then expected.late finishes every night was meant to finish at 5 you won’t finish until like 5:45.management is just very poor, doesn’t know how to advise there own staff have to look for other members to help sort it out.mess about with tax code too much promise to pay your gdc never got money back for my gdc.if you need to leave work earlier then expect they take the hours off you as unpaid and you don’t paid the hours your worked that day and tell your it’s unauthorised leave.advertise your job role before confirmation of termination of contract.breach confidentiality avoid avoid avoid

Pros

nothing

Cons

long hours, promised gdc payment, no help from management sort out your own problems, too much gossiping behind backs

Worst job ever

Avoid this company like the plague that it clearly is ! Wages paid late, usually wrong and impossible to get resolved! Patient and staff welfare low priority. Talk a good talk online and get staff currently working to lie by giving reviews! Holidays are impossible to get as always short staffed. Inexperienced managers (basically let's anyone manage

Pros

Nil

Cons

Poor inexperienced Management

Great

Had a great experience. Had a full time nurse and a great mentor. A Over all supportive staff. I am paid well and happy with my working hours and my clinic

Pros

Cons

Stressful at times

29 March 2021
Hello and thank you for your great feedback. We are very glad that you are happy at Smart Dental Care, it is a pleasure to have you part of the team.

Great Work Culture

A friendly working environment in a rapidly growing company. Reviewed financials, helped the company to prepare for a pitch to potential PE investors.

23 March 2020
Hi, Thank you for your feedback. We are glad to have this compliment on the working atmosphere of our company. This will further encourage our team.

These people need manners.

Disgusting how they treat each other and talk to each other at front of the patients. The people their need courses on how to respect each other. Also how to be polite to the patients. One of the girls spoken to me that bad, that one of the patients said theirs too many chiefs in here. I also had time off cause I ended up in A&E. And I had 3 days off . 1 which was a holiday and they was very disappointed with me . I went in on a Monday and it was my birthday. None of them said happy birthday or spoken to me . I knew from that day I was going to get managed out. If you want to go back school then this is the job for you. Their was another time where the toilets were out of order for over a week. In which we had to go nextdoor to use their toilet.

23 March 2020
Hi, Apologies for the inconvenience and ill feel that you have experienced. Though we take extreme care of mutual respect in our day to day working. However, we have taken your feedback as a constructive measure and will look at the incidence. in the event of any gaps we will certainly take the measures for improvements.

Currently work for smart

I have worked for smart for around 8years, I started off as a trainee Dental Nurse and have now worked myself up to being the manager for two sites. I feel like smart has let me grow and has given me opportunity's.

Workplace culture / management

There is extremely Poor management within the company. Toxic working environment. Over promising and under delivering by the boss. I would not recommend this company if you are caring, there is Poor patient care. I don't have enough space or time to give the cons for working for this company

Progressive company

Smart Dental Care care is a friendly and fun company to work for. I have always felt supported and encouraged. I have progressed through the company from patient coordinator / dental nurse to practice manager then cluster manager within 2 years.

Pros

Bonuses on growth and supportive work environments

Cons

No cons - I throughly enjoy my work

place to be avoided

while working for smart dental ive been offered no progression. no wage rise, they take money off you and do not pay any overtime. do not supply correct and basic materials. Do not repair or care about surgeries. poor patient care.

Pros

SOME great dentists

Cons

management and above do not care about staff or patients just money

Jobs at SMART DENTAL CARE