Smart Fleet Solutions

Smart Fleet Solutions Employee Reviews

Big and fairly clean , well equipped Workshop . Really quite good Estimators Team . Rather good time on the Jobcards . Overall Job is organized very well . It could be very good place to work , but : - salary / your hourly rate is quite low - they put pressure on you to do overtime as much as possible , if you don't do it...then they will find some restriction for you . For example : you will be excluded from Saturday overtimes , or others will get small salary raise, but you Not . Silly but true ! It seems like they don't really respect your own life . 70% work , 30% your live is a perfect balance for them . - if you are late in work 4 minutes ...they take off 30 minutes from you salary - if you needs to see a dentist or a doctor , or you don't feel well...they are happy to give you a paracetamol to still keep you in work - you means nothing as a person there , they are happy to replace you for another man . Well ... they like you and they treat you fairly well if you dance how they play and if you let them use you to the limit. If you dare to have own and different opinion on some matters , quite soon you will become an enemy and they will allow you to feel that very clearly
Pros
Nice and big, well lit, fairly clean, well equipped Workshop .
Cons
50/50 friendly employees, horrible Staff Management
14 October 2019
Our Recruitment & HR team would be happy to discuss this further on 01477 412747
After being furloughed back in 2020 and being on COVID vulnerable list I was looking to get back into work, I was offered a job as a Logistics Operative for Smartfleet I’ve been here a week Compared to my previous jobs which is three in 39 years I find there is less pressure. Lots to learn so find learning a new job a challenge. From driving many different cars to learning the areas of storage and where the cars have to go. My team is very helpful and all great to work with . Can’t recommend this job enough I love it.
Pros
Drive lots of different Cars, work within a team, everyone is helpful
Cons
Logistics staff are expected to do way too much, no recognition, no thanks for working hard and no respect from management. More and more piled on us. Logistics is always looked down upon even from the Logistics supervisor. Pay is awful. The management do not have a clue! Literally no clue. Don't trust any of them as far as you could throw them. Too many people thinking they run the place. Steer clear.
Pros
Nothing.
Cons
Poor pay, poor management, poor company to work for.
How much Effort and Energy you can give - that much you can get from the Workplace! What you can give - that you can get, so it's up to you what you want! I can't remember anything, but I was Enjoying to come back every Time over and over again!!
Pros
Excellent Management
Cons
Money - you want more and more, but I guess it's enough for a Hours you do.
the section leaders have their favourites , the rest get trod on , lots of sectarian behaviour and arguing , actually liked the job and workers helped each other out , wages were reasonable , you have to buy your own tools and watch them like a hawk . overall a valuable learning experience .
Pros
reasonable pay .
Cons
bad leaders, bad co-worker behaviour
If you want to be a number, and work for no praise then that's the place.It's all about numbers and productivity, you get no praise, and the attitude of their is always someone else to do your job. One minute management are nice, the next you are like something they trod in.
Pros
Cons
Hours, attitude
I have worked with smart fleet solutions for 2 years now and the company culture is fantastic. There are opportunities to progress across the business and the company invests in individual training and development needs If you’re looking for a career, smart fleet solutions is the place to work
Pros
Training and development
Cons
This is by far the worst company I have ever worked for. You have 'Management' Who have no clue how to look after the staff. Certain people are allowed to just walk all over the team. The TL & supervisor are best mates and take the total mick out of the people in the team that pull the team through all the SLA's. Just bullies the LOT of them, Avoid this company!!!!
16 July 2020
We're really sorry to hear how you feel about your time with Smart Fleet Solutions. We would welcome the opportunity to speak to you to discuss your experiences and would appreciate you getting in touch. Please ask to speak to a member of the HR team. Thank you.
Was promised a career with qualifications/pay rise after 3 months & progression within the company. I received none of these and in fact for the job I was doing, everyone else recieved £3-4 per hr more then myself even though I was carrying out higher standard repairs then other members of my team. My mentor was amazing, patient and a real diamond, but unfortunately when I started as a result of the bad pay and empty promises, started to struggle with my mental health, I recieved NO support and then after I was signed off work by my doctor, only received a disciplinary letter even though my immediate supervisor had been informed of what was happening. After getting this letter it only exasperated my mindset and then was dismissed even though many of the members of my team told me I had a great eye for details and know from the pride I took in my work that I would’ve been a real asset to the company. Such a shame as I have a massive passion for cars and they only make sure they look after the foreign employees rather then someone like myself, with a growing family.
16 July 2020
I worked here for 1 year and 6 months and it was really good place for me. The people at this organisation are a joy. Great atmosphere, leadership really cares about your development I highly recommend this company !
9 October 2019
Thank you for your feedback on the time you spent working with Smart Fleet SolutionsHR Team, Smart Fleet Solutions
Badly run never do job u were employed to do never no pay rises just a bad place to work till get rid off mangers Avoid and get some new mangers in place
1 May 2019
We're really sorry to hear how you feel about your time with Smart Fleet Solutions. We would welcome the opportunity to speak to you to discuss your experiences and would appreciate you getting in touch on 01477 412747. Please ask to speak to a member of the HR team. Thank you.
.no progression unless you really really pester and push for it and even then the wage increase wouldn’t be worth the high work load. If you want a monthly wage and have no goals or prospects of progressing in life then this is the job for you... if not don’t bother. They won’t tell you about certain things until you start and have accepted the job, like the shift work and or overtime and weekend stock taking. Everyone in the yard seems to know best and ignore the yard manager as do as they please. And the workshop staff 70% are good guys and understand the ribbish you have to deal with but then the other 30% just look down on the yard staff, talk to them like rubbish.
Pros
Get to work on your own and get on with the work
Cons
Everyone thinks they are the boss and there is a manager who couldnt organise a up in a brewery
1 May 2019
I never disappointed on this company. They let me to learn many things, or get more experience in that, what I could have to do. The management is cultural and helpful if you are the same for them.
I unfortunately was employed and had some family issues in. Regards to a close.meber being unwell. The company although I'd only been their for a month and had had probably a week off altogether, was completely unprofessional.. I.phined the manager to.advise I would be in the next day he said he needed a word but was nothing to worry about just needed to show.how thwy deal with things their. 10am the next day I was fired.... This was disgustingly unprofessional with snide remarks from hr about the time I had had off, " close family member being checked for something very serious". So in all a company where higher paid workers do nothing other than walk around whislt the lowest paid do all the work and take all the flack. Unprofessional and unsupported approach to staff even the security guards recognize the influx and out pouring of staff.. The company has a lot to learn about being a employer that deserves hard working loyal staff..
Pros
Pay
Cons
Poor management poor leadership
Shocking. Was made false promises and was messed about start to finish. Very clicky group of people and if your not welcome your pushed aside and forgot about
Fantastic working environment and great team ethic, the equipment level and working conditions are state of the art and second to none. This is definitely the place to be when it comes to repairing vehicles and the great thing is everyone gets the opportunity to develop and learn new skills.
I have worked at Smart Fleet for over 2 years. It is a friendly place to work and the team are easy to get on with. They reward hardworking staff and management are approachable and fair.
I 've liked the time spent with the team at the smart fleet solution site, every morning was a pleasant, having coffee with my colleagues before starting the day's jobs.
I have been working for SFS for a number of years, it is a very fun and rewarding place to work. The staff are all very friendly and the management team are open and supportive. They take on trainees and apprentices on a regular basis, and internally progress proactive and hard working staff. I would definitely recommend working here to my friends as there are so many opportunities to grow with a happy and productive workforce.
After moving about a lot in the industry I have settled at SmartFleet. Genuine interest in its people and the companies future. If you want great working conditions, respect and fair pay then SmartFleet is the place for you.
Pros
Smart working conditions and job security.
Working for a forward focused company like Smart Fleet is challenging yet rewarding. You are expected to work hard, but look forward to putting your all in. This role has allowed me to step outwards and upwards and even with the growth it's experienced in such a short space of time, its still remained somewhere that has a family feel with first name basis across the board, they have an open door policy where your ideas are listened to. Its refreshing to work for a company that has a focus on its staff, providing opportunities for growth and development as I have seen for myself. There are a lot of collaborative people who work here and I look forward to the next challenges that come with my role.. I have recommended the company to many friends and family and will continue to do so. It is a great place to work and a company that is definitely going places!