Smart Recruit Online Ltd

Smart Recruit Online Ltd Reviews with Jobs

United Kingdom4 reviews

Hard Work

If your in a telemarketing role its pretty tough, like most telemarketing roles you are judged on call time and demos booked. There isn't much encouragement or support from the top if your struggling however it can be fun sometimes If your looking for a long term career path this isn't really the job for you.

Pros

It's a job

Rapidly growing and exciting company!

I joined SRO back in May as a part of changes being made to plan for large growth and to further improve our customer journey.I immediately felt at home, with everyone being so friendly and easy to get on with.The management team are brilliant and very approachable. All of them bring specific skills to the business that are clearly steering the company in the right direction to deal with current and future change. And the other colleagues are all engaged and brilliant at their roles.The product has changed a lot recently, and brings a real advantage to our customers - including some unique aspects that really set us apart from competition.Flexible working is the norm, and it's enjoyable being in the office - a great location in Milton Keynes.I'm very excited for the future here, and enjoying the current journey to get there.

Insights into Smart Recruit Online Ltd

What people like
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Clear sense of purpose
Areas for improvement
  • Supportive environment
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Trust in colleagues

Micromanaged and disregarded

I had difficulty having any input in the sales process part from the initial cold call. The job was sold to me as a sales consultant but whenever any opportunity arose the owner/MD would have to get involved in the process. He was very intelligent and knew his stuff regarding recruitment but would constantly over inform prospects with 2-3 hour presentations which could sometimes come across as condescending not educational.A Managment hierarchy was then implemented with a business that had 8 employees which seemed bizarre but planning for future growth is never a bad thing but I have to say seemed overkill at the time.The icing on the cake was when the pandemic hit as I had recently become a father and was requested to still work, whilst claiming furlough, after consultation with the sales manager (of 2 staff) we both decided that it would be best if I Just claimed the furlough and didn’t work as the other employees were being topped up for there sins, I don’t blame them as there concerns for not working we’re only affirmed with me being made redundant/laid off in July afternoon contact whatsoever from the owner or the sales manager.The company could reach great heights as the product and offering are pretty decent, it’s a shame that I was mismanaged along with a lot of other people that had come before me. It’s downfall will be the character of the owner/CEO/MD, the rest of the team are pretty great I just hope he changes his ways I mean he tricked his biggest client into signing T&C’s which in turn got her fired I mean that says it all

Pros

Great team

Cons

Micro managed, demeaned and disregarded

Productive work environment, with an open and fun culture....

Great so far .. Work day starts at 8:30am and the majority of people leave at 5:30pm. It may take some time to understand the company's products, services and markets but most people are hired with a specific background so that learning curve is not insurmountable. CEO is accessible to everyone as the team is still small but the company is ambitious, growing and delivering "best in class" software and solutions to its enterprise (mainly) clients. As such career development opportunities are plentiful if you're prepared to, "do what you say you will do" and don't require rigid management structures. You definitely feel like part of something that you can be proud of. The company has a nice mix of established business, products and services - yet still has a "start-up" vibe.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Smart Recruit Online Ltd. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.0 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement