Smartwatch Solutions

Smartwatch Solutions Employee Reviews

Only just started working for them.

I have only just started working for them, they have not made a good impression on me. I am left by myself through out the shift. It is very easy, I would prefer a more demanding career.

Great Place to work

I work in the office at Smartwatch Solutions. I have been here for a while and I really enjoy working here. The company were really supportive through the pandemic, they gave us regular updates and priorotised the safety of staff by sending those to work from home who could.

Toxic and disorganized

Worked as a CCTV operator for this company, at first there was good rapour with staff team work and enjoyment, then just over a year in the whole structure of the company changed and along with new management and new team members, it became Chaos and day to day survival, with no support, I was told "we come to work to get paid right" if that was the case then I didn't agree because I prefer a relaxed well working environment with everyone looking after everyone's interest rather than what it was everyone looking after there own even if it somehow benefited you it was because it benefited them more. Constant micro management to make sure no mistake were made with no faith in abilities and in the end COVID was the last straw, no organisation or forward thinking, no safety for Control room staff only the office staff who could work from home since it began, we had to beg for equipment to work from home and follow misguided guidelines, constant bending the truth to protect the business rather than staff. The only positive is the colleagues you work with in the Control room on a daily basis as they become your only outlet. In the end if you want to do something that you can be happy with and proud of this isn't worth it, if you want to earn a few pennies for a rainy day this company is like any other.

Pros

Free meal every month, £100 January bonus

Cons

Shift pattern, management, convoluted duties, poor communication

Started in march as a mobile supervisor. Great company and people to work with. Had to isolate few times due to covid-19. Company let me work from home for my isolation period. Work is challenging but takes bit of common sense to run things smoothly. Thanks to organizational culture even though i started as a mobile supervisor i was given training for cctv monitoring and Timegate management.

Pros

Flexible, supportive management

Cons

12 hours but that’s most of security jobs

Perfect Environment

i have been working at smartwatch solutions for 2 months now, i enjoy working with the staff as they are very friendly and helpful, they support me in every way. i recommend to anyone looking for a job in the security industry to apply here.

Better conditions in Dunkirk camp Than security Cabin at Smartwatch Oswestry United Utilities site

I AM x night shift and the conditions in the security cabin is awful with no running water or toilets facilities in the immediate area better conditions at the Dunkirk camp in France no management backup whatsoever One or two staff ok the rest avoid like the plague specially one with obvious mental health issues

Naff company dont bother

Oswestry site has no running water no toilet facilities you are told to walk the 1.2 mile patrol in any weather in a jacket that isn't waterproof and around badgers and foxes and it's an open site the cabin is in a state some guards were great but mostly were naff dead cat buried beside the cabin told to watch the cctv but half the time they didn't even work and didn't pay time and a half for Christmas

let you get on with your work

started working for Smartwatch back in 2010 and made Supervisor within three months due to the employer been impressed by my work ethics which included being on time and the manner in which i dealt with the staff on site as well the visitors.

Regular work

Decent people to work with and for.Steady work.Approachable management.Decent firm to work for.More checks needed on working guards.Not everyone takes security work seriously.Scruffy unkempt standards by some.

Great company

Great company, had a happy few years here. Always paid on time and the correct amount which can be unusual for some security companies. Hours are not guaranteed being a security company in the construction industry.

Pros

Pleasant work environment

Jobs at Smartwatch Solutions

See more jobs

Security officer

Work for this company there okay. Staff don’t respond to emails or texts and when they call you can be very cheeky. Wages all on time and someone got us a pay rise. Make you pay for uniform and treated as a number with no progression your just a pawn. Some staff are nice some staff aren’t. Can call you even when your not working asking stuff when your not even on site.

Great company

Great company to work for. Never had a problem with SmartWatch, always paid on time and the correct amount which is unusual for some Security Companies. Management always ready to listen and help if you needed it.

Pros

Pleasant work environment

Great company to work for!

I've recently started working with Smartwatch in their head office and I can't fault the company. The team are really supportive and have helped me learn everything whilst answering any questions that I have had. There's a real culture of development and an open door policy meaning you never have to be afraid to speak to anyone. Senior management are great. I'm really happy here and I'm looking forward to what my future with the company might look like.

I have worked alongside this company for 4 + years would not work for them nor would I employ them

Worked alongside this company for over 4 years and the way they treated the staff is absolutely outrageous they have no running water or toilet facilities in there cabin no back up from the company, they do security checks over the phone staff are so fed up they just come in do what they want and go home, it is a total disgrace for a so called security company but when you pay peanuts you will get monkeys

Avoid this company like the plague!

I am not a disgruntled ex employee, I left due to the sheer lack of professionalism from smartwatch. The management don’t have a clue what they are doing, always changing peoples rotas, putting static guards on sites where no welfare is available... They expect people to work at the drop of a hat and treat them very poorly. Everyone is just a number to them and I witnessed this first hand. They make people become self employed and then have the guard pay them to do their taxes... yet don’t advise them correctly on how to become fully self employed. Its just a scam to get more money for the company in my eyes. You can never ever say no to them or have a life... If you do, be prepared for ‘management’ To berate you. Honestly, in the 10 years I have done security, this is by far the worst security company I have worked for and can only advise you to stay well away!

Pros

Cons

Poor management, Long hours, Extremely poor working conditions, You are just a number to them, They don’t care about their staff in the slightest... I could go on and on...

Very bad company to work for

I worked as a subcontractor for SmartWatch solutions I was poorly treated by the staff and by HR also my router's were changed all the time one minute I was at one site next minute I was at another site,I would definitely not recommend anybody to go work for this company they pay low rate officers and the people who do go self-employed get a charge of £15 up to £50 to a company called ontime who say that you're paying them to get you work because they're owned by SmartWatch solutions also I would never recommend going off ill because they will say you are not reliable and tell your service is no longer needed .

Pros

Cons

They make you work overtime

awful

Work for them as a security officer. Had other staff members who were constantly intoxicated on shift, management did nothing. Poor conditions where it was obvious you were just a number to them.

Poor pay, high risk

I was put in danger numerous times and for such a low paying job I expected better. I always worked alone which is nice but at the same time the job can be veery dangerous.

never again

I worked for this company for 18 months and it felt like a nightmare. The management staff were unreasonable and not very supportive and only visiting every few month to do a on site visits staff kept leaving, and were replaced with agency staff who either couldn't speak English or never turned up. wages were ok but there were no incentives for hard working staff I would never work for this company game in a million years they charge you for staff uniform

Pros

Cons

not much support

It was a good place to work due to my experience and proffesionalism

12Hrs on a school building site in scunthorpe, no interest from managers to visit site on a weekly basis to check on site and officers welfare. It was a one man site controling vechile entry and exit, contractors, sub contractors and deliveries to site .Also the worst part was being lied to by both the main contractor and my employer about the duration of the contract, rumours from sub contractors and workmen that security was being axed because the contractor had to cut costs and save money, security was told it was not going to happen but it did. I would never work for them again.

Pros

Cons

They dont care about their security officers.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Smartwatch Solutions. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.7