SMILE DENTAL CARE

SMILE DENTAL CARE Employee Reviews

Insights into SMILE DENTAL CARE

What people like
  • Ability to meet personal goals
Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Fair pay for job
  • General feeling of work happiness

Nice place to work

Friendly colleagues, dentist and Management Team. I am enjoying my work everyday and satisfied. I would recommend my friend to work in this best practice👍👍👍👍

Pros

got paid for extra hour

Great team and company to be part of!

I’ve been at Smile for a couple of years now and am shocked to read some of the reviews left here! I nurse mainly at one practice but have covered days at another nearby and never had a bad word to say about the environment or the management… if you’re friendly, hard working and a team player there’s lots of opportunity and a great team to be part of!

Pros

Great team, opportunity to train and develop

Cons

Stressful, unsupportive management and very low pay

Minimum wage job where you are expected to work overtime without pay. Some managers can be nice but the majority are just awful with little knowledge of how modern dentistry works. Very short appointment times and no time to clean instruments, complete lack of understanding of the additional jobs required of a dental nurse. Frequently told we are all doing a bad job by management despite us all rushing around stressed every minute we are at work. When I started there was not one qualified nurse in the practice and even now we only have one. Lack of support and training, literally just thrown into surgery on the first day with no one to ask questions to. It sounds ridiculous, but the manager used to shout at us when we asked the more experienced nurse anything. We basically trained ourselves. Avoid this company at all costs if you want to work somewhere you feel valued.

Pros

The dental team is great

Cons

Poor pay, stressful hours, unpaid overtime.

Very poor

the management was horrendous- so many people left due to this- underpaid and overworked as a trainee/ not treated nicely by management- poor place

Pros

Local

Cons

Underpaid, overworked, rude

Great company with opportunities to progress

Smiles Dental is part of the Bupa group and there is a lot of opportunity in the Business to grow and develop your career. There have been huge improvements over the past few years and I would highly recommend as a great place to work.

Pros

Free company Doctor, Extra Annual Leave

career enhancing

good support to advance your career and a fun place-let you get on with things and good resources if stuck -flexible with time off and all staff got on

Fab, friendly place to work

After working at a few dental practices, I was offered a job at Smile in Salford. Wow what a difference to what I have experienced previously. Great management very approachable, clinicians know what they are doing and so helpful especially when I was new to the company. The company are great with providing training to help you further your career.

Pros

Friendly, helpful team

Unsatisfying

Unstable place to work don’t always work as a team training promised but not given completely unhappiness in the work style negativity in the work place

Pros

Local

Cons

Unsatisfactory training

Very busy dental surgery

Fast paced workplace, absolutely learned working under pressure. Kind, emphatic management. Very busy nhs and private dental service. Unfortunately the appointment system chaotic and the poor time management makes the days go hectic.

Pros

free lunch on friday

Cons

if required need to work in lunchtime or after closing time but no paid

Never again

Conditions were not fair Diary was empty and had a target of 30’udas daily... impossible to accomplish Discussed with manager and said he would try to fill the gaps... they simply had no patients Also, very little material as the surgery was new Was supposed to start beginning of January and after I had my flights and accommodations booked I rang to check everything was ok to start and they told me I could not start as the surgery was nt ready... 0 professionalism Gave me notice whilst on holidays

enjoyable and fun

well supported environment and management is great, well-planned career pathway -sociable and teamwork with a good work ethic, patients are pleasant and good Xmas parties

Pros

free cakes

Dental nurse

I only have 4 months of experience in dental nurse on my first day I was put on my own not knowing where any of the instruments or equipment was kept and the dentists were very rude if I didn’t know where something was within the 10 minutes I started. Saying I should know where everything is and getting very frustrated with me!

4 Practice managers in a year!!

Smile dental care the place to work if you never want a pay rise, No training and punishment if you whistle blow!! Absolutely no support at all . 4 different practice managers in a year most recent Hasn’t got a clue what they are doing blames team for the problems when everyone knows it’s management no backup when needed only interested in making themselves look good. Trainee nurses that receive no training, dentists that don’t stay,diary’s always getting cancelled at last minute do I need to go on? If you do decide to work for this company please read the contract thouroly

Not very friendly

I only worked here for 6/8 weeks and every day I used to dread going into work. The staff were unfriendly and unhelpful. I was only a trainee and wasn’t trained properly at all while I was there yet I’d be left alone on my own with the dentist/hygienist who would refuse to teach me on what to do. Every day I would feel so uncomfortable and in the end they let me go as they could tell I was so unhappy and not working as well as I should have been. I really did want to do this as a career but it put me off completely with the horrible hostile experience I had and I had no help at all with my coursework. In the end I got a new job where I am appreciated and that I enjoy and get treated like a human being (like you would expect to be anyway).

Pros

The trainee wage was quite good

Great Team, highly recommend

Recently join this company. I rate them highly compared to my previous employer. Great team and supported all the way . Good career progression. Highly recommended.

Amazing place to work!

I can honestly say I have had the best time working at Smile Dental Care and would highly recommend it! All the staff are so lovely and everyone gets on, there is no divide between clinicians, nurses and reception. The management team are so helpful and really hands-on. If you ever have a question they are ready to help immediately.

Best of both worlds

I have been with Smile a few years now and having worked at both independent and also big corporate dentists during my career it really does sit nicely in the middle. The great thing is we are pretty much 9 to 5 in our two practides so no lates and no weekends which as a parent is brilliant! All good

Pros

Hours, team and support

Cons

Although in same town, working across two sites can be a pain

Poor management

This company does not value hard working and competent staff.Rates of pay are basic and staff who request pay increase are often ignored.Training is poor and new trainees are thrown in after there first vaccination, cross infection is poor and the staff who do have work ethics are left fed up of making do .Equiptment often breaks and poor quality,Dentists diaries get cancelled as locum staff are rufefused.The building is scruffy and neglect and often patients comment.many staff who were longstanding have left as not appreciate d

Left to your own devices

High staff turnover and serious lack of training for new staff. The management are not supportive and this leads to a high stress environment. The other staff are lovely and all pull together however due to no pay reviews they don’t stay long. Handy place to work as in town centre. Senior management do not like to spend ANY money and try to control everything ordered which leads to big delays in getting anything, even toilet rolls!! The dentists are very good but the management and pay is very bad. No prospects for progression.

Pros

Handy as in town centre location

Cons

No support from management

12 member of staff left in 7 months!

Do I even need to elaborate on the title of my review?! 12 members of hard working, long standing members of staff have left, the particular practice worked at, in 7 months. Money is all the owner of the company is concerned about about whether or not it benefits him. I personally was refused a pay rise and was made to wait months and months when I was working well above my pay grade daily. In the end I was put on pittance above a trainee. Wages were barely ever right and they would not give you your pay slip until the day you get paid so that you would have to wait til the month after to correct mistakes they had made. You will not get any recognition for any hard work. Frustrating business to work for as you never receive instruments etc. Even ppe was restricted! Private dentists are expected to do a day of treatment with only two handpieces. It's an actual joke. Do not consider working for smile, especially if it is a trainee position as you will not get the training you need to actually become a good dental nurse. Trainees are expected to go in surgery on their own one day after having vaccinations. Poor higher management and unfair treatment to staff if you dont know them personally out of work. I could write so much about this place, all the bad things I've seen over the years: compliance issues, staffing issues etc but I think if you spoke to any dental nurse or even clinicians from any smile practice they would all tell you the same. The only nice thing I have to say is the colleagues at the practice were amazing. Everyone stuck together and -

Pros

Colleagues

Cons

Poor management

Productive and fun place to work

This company is an amazing place to work. I am learning valuable skills both technically and personally. The people are great and there are flexible hour.

Pros

Friendly environment

Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SMILE DENTAL CARE. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.4Job security/advancement

Compare SMILE DENTAL CARE with

• SMILE DENTAL CARE
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?