Smile Education

Smile Education Employee Reviews

United Kingdom32 reviews

great settings.

ive only been working for smile education since march and ive been placed at really nice settings,if you have any problem they are only a phone call away.

Pros

work around family life

Good salary

A fair workplace and environment to work in. It is very competitive which is acknowledged throughout the business due to it being sales based. Must be committed to work here.

Insights into Smile Education

What people like
  • Inclusive work environment
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Support from manager

Enjoyed working here, team are very helpful and are always available when needing support

Have enjoyed working here, team are very welcoming, I have had a positive experience working here, the employment process was good as the employer was very nice and make me feel comfortable throughout

Wonderful company

Great staff great company Would definitely work here again. Everyone was really warm and welcoming when I started. The training is brilliant. Office is really nice. Onsite gym and spa.

Professional and caring

Smile is a very professional and caring agency. They are very supportive and the communication is really efficient. They work hard to try and get you as much work as possible and I really enjoy working for them.

Pros

Hours, holiday, pay

Cons

Work not in your area

Improved Conditions

Smile have been so much better to work for than other supply teaching agencies. Nice booking staff, a much better daily rate and a payroll that’s transparent. Recommended!

Pros

Better rate of pay / nicer staff

Cons

None as yet

21 June 2021
Thanks for recommending us. We're so happy that your happy not only with the service you've received but with your rate of pay too!

Friendly and helpful

Can’t fault the supply agency, they have found me day to day and then a more full time role. They have a fantastic team and all work together to find suitable job placements

18 June 2021
We are so pleased we were able to help you secure a full-time position and that you are enjoying working with us!

Good communication helpful staff

The staff are very approachable with a professional outlook and work ethos. They understood my abilities and limitations and valued my past experience. They were very informative about the roles expected to do and the variety of setting they deal with. The staff are easy to contact and they are quick with answering any concerns in a timely fashion. Work has been offered to me from different parts of Birmingham which is good as I have a car and can travel. They did the DBS check for me too.

Pros

I can work around family commitments

Cons

Be prepared to get a call early morning for the same day work assignment

17 June 2021
Really pleased that you are enjoying working with Smile and that you've found us to be approachable, professional and that you feel valued.

Friendly and professional

I would have no qualms in recommending Smile to anyone who is thinking about agency work for a work life balance. They listen to your needs and requirements and will put you in an appropriate placement. There is never any pressure to take on a role you are not entirely satisfied with and remain friendly and professional throughout your search.

17 June 2021
It's lovely to hear that you'd recommend us and that working with us gives you the work-life balance that you needed.

Friendly and Welcoming!

Friendly and welcoming staff at all levels, offering a supportive environment, championing achievements and progression. A real 'family' feel as part of a large team.

18 June 2021
A lovely review - thank you! It's always nice to hear that our staff feel supported and part of our Smile family.

Wonderful place to work!

I've been with Smile Education for 8 years. As a former teacher, I was very nervous about changing career. During those years, I have always felt supported on many levels - both personally and professionally.

Pros

Honest genuine management, fun loving colleagues, hybrid working, rewards for performance and good character, social side

17 June 2021
8 years is a long time - we're really pleased that we've been able to support you during that time and that your career change was a successful one!

The name Says it all!

Smile! And we certainly do. A true recruitment culture of work hard, play hard here and I wouldn't have it any other way. Having worked in Education Recruitment in one way or another for twenty years I can truthfully say that the culture at Smile is the best I have experienced.The other Consultants and Managers are approachable and friendly and always happy to help; be that help a fellow consultant or a help a candidate. The consultants here, I believe, genuinely care.When starting work with Smile you are given a clear promotion structure with clear targets and realistic expectations. Clear and consistent feedback from line managers means that you can constantly grow and improve.The starts are early and we don't always finish at five - but that is a small price to pay when considering the other benefits. Commission, promotion opportunities, yearly trip abroad for the whole company, monthly incentives and prize giving and most importantly the unwavering support of colleagues.Without a doubt the best place that I have worked. Thanks Smile for the opportunity. :-)

Pros

Yearly all inclusive holiday for ALL

Good agency to work for

I like my consultant. She is absolutely lovely and overstands any kind of problem or challenge i bring fourth to her. The school i am currently at is a nice school too. Lovely children and friendly staff.

Pros

For me right now its being able to work around my three children

Exactly what I had researched!

Having spent 9 years working for one agency it was a big decision to make the move and I spent a lot of time doing my 'due diligence'!Everything that I had researched has fortunately being correct, I have been welcomed with open arms by a very friendly and sociable team, the MD Katy is 100% a 'specialist' and everyone is treated with respect, no micro-management and creativity is welcomed.There are clear opportunities to progress (and quickly) and the amount of benefits is incredible!A great career move.

Pros

Too many to mention...the team, promotional structure, reduced hours in school holidays, 4pm Friday finish - ANNUAL OVERSEAS HOLIDAY paid for!

Cons

Nothing that wasn't expected - its recruitment, it's hard work, but we all know that!

17 June 2021
Thanks for taking the time to leave a review. It's great to know that you are enjoying your time at Smile Education so far - long may that continue.

misleading pay rates

very pushy company interested in making a lot of money out of supply staff take chunks out of your pay making it incredibly low and very badly paid a real con

4 September 2020
We are really sorry to hear about your experience and would like to know more so that we can improve in the future, please email kelly@smile-education.co.uk.

Friendly

Friendly staff, easy to talk to. Not always guaranteed work so wouldn't recommended as sole source of income. Cover a wide variety of areas for work. Would recommend if you can drive.

4 September 2020
Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed talking to our team and that you'd recommend us. As a supply agency, we can't always guarantee work but we do our very best to ensure that people have work are frequently as they would like. We are always open to feedback so any suggestions for improvements are welcome. You can email them to kelly@smile-education.co.uk.

supply teacher

Varied job roles, age range and flexible approach to working. Enjoy being able to choose when and where i work. Good management structure and friendly staff

12 November 2019
Thank you for taking the time to leave us a 5-star review. We really appreciate it.

Lack of support

Working for smile I was continuously put in uncomfortable and dangerous positions with no support whatsoever. After a period of illness the company stopped offering me work.

12 November 2019
We are really disappointed to hear that you had a less than great experience with us. Please email olivia@smile-education.co.uk and we will look into this further for you.

Poor all over

BIG mistake joining this agency. Two faced all round. Very unprofessional. No regular work given. Expectations Promised but not delivered. No feedback given back on completed work etc...etc...

Pros

Cons

Low pay, no loyalty

friendly

Havent worked apart of their company for long, they are a little slow with handing out allocated jobs. But they are very friendly and a nice team to be apart of.

Pros

work

Cons

slow with issuing work

6 June 2019
Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. We really appreciate your feedback. Our strict Compliance+ process can take a little while but it ensures the safety of the children in the schools and nurseries that we work with. We'll be sure to pass on your feedback to the team.

Brilliant company to work for

Brilliant company to work for great office staff and pilotte, training brilliant if needed and will always have support when and where you need it. Brilliant company for sen, cover teacher and great opportunity’s to learn new skills.

20 February 2019
Thank you for taking the time to review us. We are so happy to hear that you've enjoyed working with us.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Smile Education. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.7 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement