So Energy

Working at So Energy: 11 Reviews

United Kingdom11 reviews

So Fantastic

Though times can be tough, colleagues can get you you through the day, regardless of the department. Such a friendly, exciting company to work for where ideas and suggestions are recognised and internal growth happens, so happy to be here!

Avoid

Would have morning meetings everyday which were a PR Stunt pushing forward the idea that mental health was the most important thing and that we all have a collective responsibility to do show kindness and respect, which in itself is something that I do not disagree with.However spending 30 mins being told this every morning whilst the following 7 and a half hours doing the complete opposite is the exact reason as to why the average time that an employee would stay with the business is 4 months.

Insights into So Energy

Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Support from manager

toxic

No progress in this company, worst thing is being employed as a customer care advisor because no growth, everyone in the other department thinks you are stupid and talks to you condescendingly. Managers should only be previous customer service advisors who understand the business

Nice atmosphere

A nice place to work for where senior management seeks for feedback to improve.You feel valued and there are lots of opportunities for growth.Energy industry is going through some challenges, however everyone is solution driven towards customers.

Pros

- Growth opportunities - recognition for good work

Cons

- location

Diverse and Engaging environment

So Energy creates a flexible working space managed by individuals who truly care and want to see not only the business succeed, but the staff too. Upon starting here I was immediately welcomed, and have felt so ever since as everyone here is incredibly warm and bubbly. Management are very down to earth, and unlike other companies in the industry, we are given many channels to interact with superiors, allowing them to feel much more human.I've been able to develop my skills and create a detailed map for my own personal progression allowing for quantifiable goals. This makes work much less mundane, as despite my work I know what I'm working towards for myself.

Well started off well. The training was good. Some of the people were nice but some are terrible. Felt isolated, unsupported by manager and bullied

Terrible people, terrible culture. Felt very isolated alone and team leader was very unsupportive. Work bullies as well. Missed work atseveral times

Pros

Free drinks Fridays

Cons

Work bullies

Lovely people except for some

The job was good at first. Training was 5 weeks which is good because there’s a lot of information to retain. However once that training is completed they throw you in the deep end without much help from anyone as there’s so many calls in queue and everyone’s in the phone. Job culture is great with a friendly environment. However there’s a specific team leader who, when I arrived, I was told “you don’t want to be in his team” and I slowly came to understand why.

Pros

Free breakfast and sometimes lunch, End of month drinks and team days out, Everyone is friendly and approachable

Cons

System issues everyday which they blame on you as if not everyone has the same issue, No help from managers/team leaders, Changes are made every week and hard to keep up with, Says 6 months progression but is really 9

I would really recommend working for this company!

Relaxed atmosphere, colleagues and management are amazing. Nice perks. Changes or improvements are implemented based on surveys asking for the employees' opinions, which is great.

Fun and diverse culture

I was onboarded remotely during the middle of a pandemic and I'm very pleasantly surprised with how smooth everything was. So Energy is a great place to work, they are completely transparent with their staff and I am able to work completely autonomously whilst still feeling supported in my role. Everyone who works at the company is so welcoming and they create a really fun place to work (even virtually)!

Pros

Work / life balance

Terrible employer

This is a high pressure sales role, cold calling potential customers trying to get then to switch supply but they don't often save any money by switching. When I left they kept back £250 of my pay and claimed it was for training, the training was inadequate for the role, no other company has ever charged me for training. We were never told upfront that we were going to be charged for training and did not respond to emails. Unsrupulous company with dishonest practices. Do not work for them.

Pros

Cons

Dishonest company

Used to be good but things changed

Awesome place to work but no progression, too many changes being implemented and salary is okay but not enough for the work you do. Churning out calls like a robot.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at So Energy. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.2 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement