Sodexo
Happiness score is 55 out of 100

Sodexo Employee Reviews

Found 1,216 reviews matching the search
I worked for sodexo for over 2 year before I was tupe across to a new company as their contract ended and was not renewed. Management were generally poor with no support and a bullying culture. If your face fits you were okay. Often short staffed. Management didn’t know how to do our jobs but instructed us on how to do them. Pay was ALWAYS wrong. Was promised lots but got nothing.
Pros
Cons
Pay always wrong
Most of the college at working place were helpful.Enjoy work and working time was flexible. In every new task i get full support by my college workers.
If you like cleaning, treating like dirt by management and staff. Then go for it. It’s absolutely rubbish for anyone looking for a fair job, I highly recommend working someplace else.
Pros
Cons
Too many to list
Worst company I ended up walking out the job and never looked back.management do not have a clue they expect the impossible and under a time limit they set
Pros
Bus ride home
Cons
No breaks
Most toxic place to work... basically if your face fits.The management haven't got a clue, they don't help if needed or take action if any bullying takes place. Could not wait to leave.
Pros
Good money
Cons
Horrible management
Work as a cleaning assistant for a new contract for them. Could never get hold of any type of management, hardly got any cleaning products, broken equipment that took 6 months to replace and was replaced with something that should have been binned instead. Didn't know if holidays you took were approved as you never got told so no cover so double work when went back afterwards when they did get cover they never done anything. Not a good place if you have mental health problems to work for.
Pros
The people in the building appreciated you
Cons
Bad management
Very friendly and professional team to work with makes your job easy been very lucky to work with such a vibrant team. I wish to join this company in the future having left them recently due to being made redundant.
Pros
Free meals
Cons
Could do more on holidays
Exhausting to work for, no clear strategy or direction. Senior leaders change so often its hard to keep up with who's who. So many different departments and everyone seems to be a 'Director' Very much a 'hands off style' of management
Pros
Have a diversity and inclusion policy and lots of great marketing material
Cons
They don't properly monitor their site teams approach to D&I
Stay away unless u like being wrongly accused !!! One of the worst companies I’ve ever worked forManagement are awful never again will I work for them !
Pros
Finishing for the day
Cons
Awful management
The site i worked at was very busy and very full on but was managed well and we had a great team. There was opportunities to train in other roles and keep your work varied.
Pros
Free meals whilst on duty
The people are amazing but management are lacking common sense and are not bothered about how their staff are treated. Very much a overworked and underpaid scenario
Pros
Working with some decent/honest people
Cons
Management are poor, Pay is poor with no incentive, No structural ladder to progress, Spoken to like dirt as you are treated like the scum of the hospital
I worked with Secure first of all as a Relief Officer and was then offered a full time contract after new Contracts Manager came in. I then transferred over to Sodexo. No issues with pay, good contracts although the odd site was stressful due to bad attitude from some guards. Overall a good 3 years spent with Secure/Sodexo. Would definitely work for them again if I ever return to security.
Pros
Good pay, overtime, paid on time, holidays covered no problem
Cons
Some guards attitudes
Be fair honest and work hard the job has its rewards. The safety of your customers and of yourself is paramount. It is a team environment and you should all support one another
Pros
Snacks
Cons
Sometimes driving a bit far
A good company to work for with great promotional prospects if you want it. Great working hours to fit in with home life. Great working environment alongside both Aspire and the military.
Pros
Promotional opportunities
Cons
Minimum wage
I found Sodexo a good company to work for. Management helpful and understanding. Never two days the same. Full training given. Uniform and full PPE provided.
Too many rules to follow at work place, staffs are not helpful and rude. They rather spend more money on machinery than increasing employee's wages.
Pros
Good rest break
Cons
Mobile phones not allowed in the building
If you like working with no meaning or a life then sodexo is your go to place if you like being micro managed then you will love it at sodexo. Sodexo treats their staff like numbers on a piece of paper you dont matter and never will matter just do your job and make sure to scam as much money out of clients/customers as possible so sodexo can make a profit from there low ball contracts.
Cons
If you have a family and young children don’t apply. I was given hours to suit childcare and then had a restructure and they gave me hours which wouldn’t suit my childcare. But gave hours to suit someone who doesn’t have young children. It’s a case of if your face fits your in. If not then you get treated badly
Pros
Cons
Loads
I would work for them again in a heart beat. Shame I had to leave ūüėĒGreat in-house promotions, alot of gratitude for the work you do.Management talk to you on the same level ūüíĮ
Pros
Understanding company
Cons
Very Grateful for the opportunity to work with a good team, good managers, and the most important, the fair payment.And the Patience and support we get from The Top Managers to the colleagues.110% recommended!
Pros
Good Team! Also good breaks, Sandwiches and fruit, drinks and snacks!
Cons
sometimes the distance between testing centres for me to travel
Long shifts often unsociable hours with no compensation, incompetent managers, money is alright. Managers constanly scaring the staff with the threat of losing their job, managers not following the safety guidelines and making up new jobs to 'keep you busy'. Would not recommend this job to another human!
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Free lunches are insufficient for a fully sized human
  1. Employee reviews