Sodexo

Sodexo Employee Reviews

United Kingdom1,467 reviews

Found 1,467 reviews matching the searchSee all 17,904 reviews

Good

I liked working there fast paced and nice people to work with. Friendly and easy going. Made to feel like they care buy not sure if they really did.

Stressful and poorly organised

Pros Good chance to progress Brilliant team members Support from other areas Cons Stressful Always put on Nothing is ever good enough No work life balance Retaining staff Always short staffed 70 hour weeks Some management are unsupportive

Insights into Sodexo

Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Support from manager

Decent

Decent company, relaxed and paid on time, didn't really have dress code, management was decent, workers was allowed sound and fun to be with, good income

Job was good, company not so.

I worked for Sodexo doing the covid testing. I enjoyed the job but there was barely a month went by where they didn't make a mistake on pay or expenses and there wasn't anyone in head office to contact.

Pros

All equipment provided

Cons

Useless at sorting pay issues

Not bad for a temp job

It was ok at the start when there was plenty of staff. However, the staffing levels dropped due to the load levels put on the staff, which got heavier on the remaining staff as they didn't replace the ones who left/managed to get a job at the client.There was one or two good managers and one that maybe needed to work on people skills.

horrendous company

The worst company I have ever worked for managers are bullies if your face fits your ok if not stay well clear No lunch or coffee breaks long hours dangerous working conditions faulty equipment, corrupt staff, and managers that need to learn how to manage staff rather than ask them to turn a blind eye and use your age as a tool to threaten you with. Colleagues were fantastic the rest an absolute mess I was told I was great at my job but not by management and jealous hierarchy long hours, no family life,

Pros

Colleagues

Cons

Managers, no breaks, no family life, corrupt staff, dangerous working environment

Good

Great company , great people. Good pay. Relaxed atmosphere.great managers. Free food . Would highly recommend this company to work for . Good flexible hours also to suit lifestyle.

OK place to work

Like all big companies depends on which boss you get as to how nice an area it is to work but over all a good company to work for ,with bosses that do care about your welfare

Pros

N/a

Relaxed environment.

Thoroughly enjoyed working at the covid-19 test centre. Working 3 on 3 off was nice as it allowed you to have a proper break. The shifts were long half 7-8 at night. However in November 2021 the shifts changed to half 7-half 6 which made it more bearable. Worked with a good team, enjoyed meeting new people. I do think we should of been paid more though. Over all, good experience

Different tasks

Loved the job but face didnt fit. No one listens to what you have to say. Felt i was pushed out like others have been but this gets denied. Too many gossips as well.

Hard job and can take a toll but good wage and can be rewarding

The company Has its good and bad days but overall a good place to work, some issues with flexibility for time off but if need be it is usually able to get sorted

Fast-Paced and always different

Compared to previous employers they give full training on what you’re required to do. Every day is different and there’s always opportunities to progress but you do need to look for them. I’m fortunate to have a good line manager but it’s not perfect. End of the day you get out, what you put in.

Dangerous

Staff safety is not a priority. The environment is dangerous and the pay does not reflect that. The hours are very long and the shift pattern means you work 10 days straight at times.

Pros

Free lunches

Cons

Low wage.

Hard work but enjoyable

Worked at Cardiff testing centre brilliant place to work staff are great. Top management keep the ground workers in the dark about a lot. HR are underpaid and over worked

The best and great time at Sodexo in Liverpool Street-London

I was working in Liverpool Street-London with Sodexo for 5 years. I had a great time , flexible for my children and Monday to Friday. The team was so lovely and happy. Very upset when the company we worked for decided to close the kitchen and everyone was made redundant, lost my job . The head chef and the manager were so great . As a salary was not really good , at least I had no stress. I use to work Monday to Friday, 6am-14.30, great shifts compared with previous job in hotel worked with no family life. Sodexo and my manager understood my needs and I never been without help from them, thank you and hopefully I will find a job again with Sodexo and a good team I use to have.

An interesting workplace with a great team.

Great team to work with, payments were always on time and been provided with all the work essentials. Some space for development but due to the site being temporary it could have been an ideal role.

Worst company to work for

No progression at all low pay only good thing was the colleagues we became really good friends.if you have any issues you can’t contact anyone and never seen anyone who actually is representing sodexo so basically noone has a clue who is who like a online company.

Nice place to work

Challenge and smart KPI Possible relocation anywhere You need to work hard to reach target Team Engagement is 100% focus of the jobGuest satisfaction is a must.

Definitely recommend working here

My experience working here as bar staff was great, don't get me wrong on my first day I got provided with no training whatsoever and was thrown in the deep end which looking back helped me train other people in the future working there.We got moved bars after our bar manager lost his patience with us after everytime he'd take charge of our shift we'd always be down on money (very suspicious) but anyway me and another colleague got moved to another bar which made us become very close friends, our leader was absolutely amazing and they was always a new person brought onto our bar and we always made them feel welcome and likely became friends. Some went and got moved to other bars but was always interesting learning other people's stories working there since most were mainly students from around the country or even world.It was fast paced but your shift always went fast, they was some poor days and some absolutely amazing days which is expected and also good to have for your own experience.Experience wise, yes go for a job here it's worth it when you need something on your CV, secondly would only be worth getting this job if you need it as a side sort of things. Shifts are flexible and communication is good but mainly better of getting this job if your needing extra money or a student etc etc Lastly holiday pay is great here take it whenever despite being on a zero hour contract and it's great! You meet great people some weird people but overall I enjoyed it just wished it was full time.Only slight negative is when I left, I only got a v small amount of money which was -

Toxic environment will cancel shifts without warning and last minute always trying to cut corners

In my opinion Sodexo has a lot to be desired shifts are not secure and managers and supervisors friends will get the shifts first over anyone else and they are not scared to call staff out for social media posts even if they are not mentioned

Good working conditions

I worked with Sodexo at their covid 19 test site. Prior to that I had some experience as care assistant. The team was very supportive and they taught me what's necessary to be successful in the job. Also, got experience in customer service and satisfaction through the job.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sodexo. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.3 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare Sodexo with

• Sodexo
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?