Sofology
Happiness score is 41 out of 100

Sofology Employee Reviews

United Kingdom153 reviews

Fun, engaging and challenging place to work

Featured review

Sofology selected this as a representative review
Every day is different at Sofology. Work is always challenging and rewarding, and you feel as though the work that you do has tangible results at the end of it. From the beginning of my career with Sofology I instantly felt like part of the family. My induction was fun and engaging and I learned a lot about the company and the products in the space of a week. Travelling with the Delivery team for a day and our Service teams for a day gave me an insight into the hard work that goes into leaving our customers happy and comfortable on a sofa you love. The work ethic at Head Office (where I work) is excellent - there's always someone who is there to help you and you always want to help others in their roles. From the beginning to the end of the working day, you always feel like you're set tasks to complete within your role that are achievable and manageable. The rewards and benefits are great, and there are still some I haven't taken advantage of a year and a month after starting! It's a company that is always trying to help you advance in your position and give you opportunities to learn and develop. I'm so glad that I pursued a career with this company, and the future looks bright for me at Sofology.

Pros

Rewards and Benefits, Good annual leave time, Good management, hot and cold food served on site, rewarding work, advancement, learning and development opportunities, a fun work environment, modern IT systems and technology to help complete my work.

Fast paced and busy office environment, great place to work everybody is made to feel welcome I have worked for the company for a number of years and progressed throughout my time.

Great company to work for

I've been with the company for just over a year and I can honestly say I've never before felt as valued as an employee. Great team, good pay/bonuses, excellent benefits and opportunities to advance or change roles.

Pros

Brilliant corporate ethos which does what it says on the tin.

Cons

One can sometimes feel let down by the tech and IT.

Fun workplace just depends on who you work with. Trying to be a knock off asos

Turing into dfs they don’t have their own identity used to have good bonuses now they put targets really high so you can’t earn anything. They also come down on you really hard and make you feel like your worthless.

Pros

Birthdays off

Cons

Long hours and they don’t care about you.

Great company for development

They have a very successful management training program.Very supportive and relaxed culture where the company always looks to help a colleague learn before considering performance management

Pros

Team Culture

Cons

Long travelling (50+ miles to work) considered completely normal

Amazing Management, Great Colleagues

Great Place to work, Amazing Team. work culture is the best ive had. really helped with my experience in sales and have taught me a number of skills i wouldnt get from anywhere else.

They are desperate to keep hold of staff

It is not a fun place to work as they promote it.Target sales and making it hard to achieve.Their staff turnover is incredible and their after sales is non existent so creativity on the shop floor is so difficult as it’s complaint after complaint.And if your on lates with no managers good luck as that’s when most customers come in irate.Not a nice position when they are so angry that they have been on hold on the phone for hours.Please don’t be fooled no commission to customers as all the competitors know it’s false.Your choice if you want false promises to OTE £35000 good luck.

Terrible company

Sofology shows a nice side to the public but working on their "team" in store is very, very competitive and toxic. The management are lazy and do almost nothing all day, and the company puts a lot of pressure on to perform and hit targets and sell addons. Would not recommend you have been warned.

Great company to work for

The benefits package whilst working for this company are amazing. Health care, discounts on shopping and discounts are sofology and the DFS group. If you love sales you'll love this job. Achieving targets, selling up, recommending perfect products and closing deals.Bonus based paid

Fantastic place to work, very flexible hours to suit your needs, managers are understanding, great benefits, and progression routes. Very engaging and fun company to work for

Pros

everything

Cons

customer complaints

Great pay and benefits

Great place to work, with a fast paced environment and great team atmosphere.Pay, holiday and benefits in my opinion are industry leading.Only downside is that some of the targets are unrealistic and change how they are measured too often for my liking.In the year I was there they introduced 3/4 new KPIs and raised the requirement or price of another 2/3

Great fun company

Great and fun company to work for. Good family atmosphere in store with a brilliant team. Have been with the company for just over a year and already on the management training course. Lot of prospects for progestion.

Management and training terrible

We were giving one PowerPoint that barley told you how to do something and that was their 'training' considering you are taking payments that could be up to £10,000 it was a terrible way to 'train'.

Overall

Your a body and a number and are treated that way , you get very little help from management and they will throw you under the bus given the chance , trucks are constantly over weight and when you bring this up with management all you are told is well take something off but you will have to come back for it which fir the delivery area that is cover is not practical or suitable and more than likely will take you over your driving hours

Terrible/Toxic Work Environment

Sofology tries to show a good face in its brand image and how it comes across to customers. They try to say we are "not on commission" yet we all work towards a monthly store bonus which we miss more times than we get anything resulting in around £1200 take home pay even when it's a 5 week pay period. The company tells you that you work as part of a team and it's a great environment. The truth about working here is completely different. There is an individual "score card" that measures every single thing you do or fail to do. They have a green, amber, red score card which means if your figures fall short and you are red or amber two months in a row you need to look for a different job. This score card creates an extremely toxic, competitive and cut-throat work environment (think working on used-car lot). They promise the world during the interview and on boarding but the pay is nothing like they promise "OTE." Do not consider this place unless you want to have such a bad work/life balance that you start bringing the stress and chaos home with you.

Lies. Lies. Lies

Do your research! Almost everything this company claims to do are lies.OTE salary is never achievable.Training and development is non-existent.Customers are a burden.Management are given titles without any experience.They claim to be caring but only if it doesn't involve any effort.This company makes so many false claims about the way it operates it's a wonder they are still in business. They probably won't be much longer.If you can sell, want to earn good money and want job security then look elsewhere because this is not the business for you.Incapable managers are led by even more incompetent leaders who ignore all problems, and there are many!Avoid.

The WORST place I've worked at. Don't be fooled by their promises on your first 1-3 weeks!

The worst team I've ever worked with - Sofology Customer Service. I've been in the Contact Centre and Customer Service Industry for almost two decades so I think it is safe (modesty aside) to say I know what "real customer service" is. Sofology's is way beyond acceptable. Don't be fooled by all the great things you hear about their values and culture. The training (if you could even call it training) was very sub-standard. You ask question because you want to learn and then you're told, "stick to the simple cases coz this will just make your head spin." (But what is the point of learning? - LOL) So you don't really get much. When you are put on the floor live, often times, you would not know half of the thing the customer us talking about because you've not really been taught anything. It seems a norm in their team. You are advised to put the customer on hold, ask help from someone - often that person is helping an individual and there are 2 or 3 others waiting for help before you - like seriously?!! So well, yes, you'd end up putting customers on very unnecessary hold just to help them - would have been a very easy job had you been given the proper training. Management wants you to answer as many calls as you can, but don't even give you the proper support. No complete disclosure of everything e.g. your individual KPIs. performance, etc. Nothing at all. And they expect you to be perfect at everything you do. You ask questions to managers and they would often just be read - no reply. But when they want something from you - like to do OTs - they would come to you so sweetly. -

The worst place to work

This is the worst place I have ever worked, it seems okay at first but then you soon realise the management don't care, no help from them, they hire people for when the calls are high then get rid of staff when calls are low, it's nothing more than a sweat shop, I'm sure eventually employees rights to work will catch them and stop the way they manage staff

Pros

Close to home

Cons

Poor management

Lack of training

I was expected to know things that I was not trained for, and when I asked for extra support stating that I was finding the role difficult, this was used against and my contract was terminated

Great company to work for with a real family feel.

Great company to work for with a real family feel. Everyone knows one another and is always more than happy to help. Solid career progression opportunities for all no matter on department you work within. Fantastic benefits

Pros

Many benefits, enhanced sick pay, enhanced family leave, birthday day off, qualification funding, volunteering days, hybrid working

Cons

None I can think of

I really enjoy working at Sofology, the people are amazing and inspiring across all levels!

I really enjoy working at Sofology, the people are amazing and inspiring across all levels. Every day is slightly different and the work I do is challenging yet exciting. My manager is supportive and the wider team I work collaborates well across key projects regularly which enables me to share ideas and insights into areas of the business I wouldn't usually work in.

Pros

Culture, people, working environment, hybrid working, development.

Cons

Sometimes difficult to progress.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sofology. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.1 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement