Sofology

Sofology Employee Reviews

I enjoyed my time at Sofology. The management was very helpful and made me feel like part of the team from the beginning. They always tried to accommodate my needs and we're flexible when my childcare circumstances changed.
Pros
Great team
If you are after a fun, low stress, team based work atmosphere then you are considering the right place! I have worked here for over 4 years and have loved every second of it its the type of place where if you are away on holiday for more then 10 days you kinda get a slight urge to want to go back to work, they really really care about their people and its refreshing to be a part of that as I have never worked in a workplace that cares that much before, because of the way the team based bonus works means you don't have to worry about not earning a penny while you are on holliday like you would if you worked on commission, i'd say a good 95% of management vacancys go to internal promotions. The only 1 downside is you will have to work every weekend. That is the only catch but you do get 4 days off over christmas and no long stressful stretch of days in over new year!
Pros
Team based bonus, massive earning potential, fun company, stressless, progressive, committed, caring, trusted, 4 days over xmas off
Cons
Every weekend
Worked for this business for a few years. I found myself stressed, over worked and upset a lot of the time. I worked in my personal time and was never given time back or paid over time.I worked in a team where people were given opportunities and some didn’t even get a chance.Someone once described the place as a 5 year olds football team; throw the ball in and watch everyone panic , running about...The facilities were very poor. Kitchens disgusting and toilets coldSome offices didn’t even have windows
Pros
I’m Sure there’s one...?
Cons
The list is endless
Don’t trust your manager. If you’re part of the in crowd then you’re okay but if you’re not in the “club” then be careful. Any mistake will lead to an investigation. Getting false statements and “evidence” from colleagues will be used against you. Good luck if you start here, it doesn’t matter how good at selling you are, you will be managed out eventually. Contract is 42.5 hours for full timers starting but you will be paid the same as someone working 40 hours. Doesn’t sound a lot but it works out at 2 weeks extra work for the same pay.
Pros
Good pay even if contracts are unfair for new starters
Cons
Management will manage you out if they don’t like you
AVOIDDDDD managers speak to you as a child no support in the head office, work in the call centre and every day is rubbish . customers and staff are horrible no help. the only thing keeping me there are the people on my team.
Pros
people
Cons
micro managed toilet breaks
Die Arbeit bei Sofology war sehr beanspruchsvoll und hat mich herausgefordert. Der tägliche Umgang mit Kunden bringt immer was Neues. Das basis einkommen beträgt 1500 pfund pro monat bruto, doch es wird 11/12 mal im Jahr ein Bonus dazu kommen, das kollektiv an allen Angestellten der Filliale ausgezahlt wird.
Pros
Arbeits IPAD und Hemden
Complete lack of support and training. Given insufficient tools to do the job. The products are shoddy, poorly built and pretty much always damaged before reaching the customer. Everything is blamed on the delivery crew. Come away everyday feeling angry unsupported and worthless. Company is a complete joke and has no consideration for health and safety at all.
Pros
Cons
Working there
The staff were awful here. They weren’t welcoming at all. Because they had all formed bonds they made me feel like an outsider and that I wasn’t welcomed. The admins I worked with were favourited and would always complain to the manager when I asked for helps as I was new. I was then made redundant whilst on maternity leave. I worked whilst pregnant and my personal circumstances weren’t respected And my maternity check ups weren’t approved of. I was in a bad way in hospital and my husband rang the manager to tell them I’m really ill and her words were “she could have rang her self” baring in my mind I was severely sick! Horrible people
Cons
Horrible staff
These scumbags have no morals. Bonuses robbed because customers don't give you a 9 or 10, EVEN with great comments. Conversion counters on door mean that even if you book a load of money, they penalise you for not booking the browsers, too!! Con. Also, they scream compliance on their web orders, but it's 'see no Evil' to get deals in store.
Pros
Tell funny jokes about men's tackle
Cons
Everything. They don't care about you. And Sally Hopson........
Nice team on shop floor level however senior management (area managers) are never satisfied and will bully you to get results. Ok place to work for a single person but if you have a family then forget it. You spend every weekend and bank holiday in the store as it’s their peak times. But to be fair that’s the same for most retail jobs.
Pros
Nice work colleagues on sales level.
Cons
Senior management bully you to get results.
Management weren’t helpful and would rather pile pressure on that help & direct the store achieve better results. Most that work there don’t like the job but continue as they are used to it. The people on your level are great and it’s a family atmosphere but anyone above ie deputy manager, manager, regional Manager make you feel like even when you’re doing well it’s not good enough it’s a derogatory, down grading environment and you’re only as good as your last sale . There is NO work life balance it’s every weekend every bank holiday so many ‘closed periods’ ie time in the year you can’t book off that you never get time with family and you work shifts of 9-5, 11-7, 12-8 frequently changed without much notice
Pros
Chance for bonus (although not often hit as the criteria to get it changes a lot)
Cons
Money for the time you work, work life balance, can’t book many holidays at time of the year you would like, management, pressure (even when not warranted), Rota, toxic environment at times
I am so disappointed in this company. I would avoid at all costs! They treat you badly! When I first joined the team and managers where supportive! After you get to know them they are very rude and they tell you that ‘Banter’ is not permitted but most of them are bully’s anyway. Time and again I would not let people get to me and in the end I had enough. I started getting serious mental health issues but I carried on. I then got signed off as I had to self isolate for 2 weeks. I then was put on furlough and to be told I would have to work. (Which is illegal). After 2 months of being off I went back to work and they told me that my contract is terminated? When they could of told me while I was ‘furloughed’ Honestly. I would not work all buy from there. I know the ins and outs pretty well it’s not the best environment.
Pros
Money
Cons
Everything else
The worst, most unprofessional company! Bullies for Managers, making people ill and using private info. on other employees as gossip. HR not bothered!
Pros
I managed to get out :)
Cons
Bullying Unprofessional Staff
They pick and choose who they want as and when and will make sure you don’t get payed your overtime by replacing you before you exceed the 40 hours needed to be payed this, typical greedy owners.
Pros
You get to be out and about sometimes good for tips
Cons
Hard work, treat like cattle, made to feel uncomfortable, low pay, etc
Sofology is a great place to work. They offer a really informative induction where you get a chance to learn about the business. The instore and support teams have a real family feel to them. The whole company truly lives the values. Working for Sofology you have a lifelong career as they invest into your future and give you all the tools to succeed.
Worked for the company for nearly 3 years and I love it, great place to work, if you like sales and are good, I would definitely recommend, paid very well too. Not commissioned based so you really are finding what the customers needs/wants and not just what will make you money, targets can by high but taking them one day at a time makes them look very achievable and when achieved you pay is very good, only store managers in other companies would be paid as well! The company put great focus on feedback and how to make it a better place to work and in the 3 years I have seen a lot of changes, most for the better, also being under the DFS umbrella job security is also there! The only hard part of the job is at nights and during December where it can be very quiet and it’s easy to switch off!
Pros
Great pay, normal hours
Company pretends to care but in reality couldn’t give a toss about their employees! Zero health & safety, deliver at all costs, vehicles overloaded!!! Drivers are blamed for damage to furniture & customers property without proof, will attempt to dock wages! Senior management is a joke! Very strong drug culture, drivers aloud to leave the depot whilst hung over!!!
Pros
Wage not too bad....
Cons
Too many to list
I was warned when applying for this job that the staff, managers and basically everyone that works there are all one click. No room for outsiders, treated like absolute rubbish if you need a day off. Supervisors drinking alcohol in the office, not doing their job, people leaving the office to go for as many breaks as they wanted, muting calls to call customers, or just not answering them. Induction given and training for shop floor roles, although people in office / phone based roles had training for a full day had to travel to Warrington and learn about the inside of a sofa but had absolutely no training stall on the systems on the computers and phones. Was a complete waste of time.
I worked for this company for a number of years, the pay is good but the job will take over your life. There is no work life balance and you must work every weekend if you are full time. Hard work is not effectively rewarded, the screening for the step into management does not see that the correct people become managers. This means often managers lack basic people skills and are only promoted as they are believed to be able to churn out results. There is a lack of support for development, unless you are the bosses favourite, yet they will run you to the ground getting you to prove yourself with no appreciation. For the large part the company and managers do not care about your mental health and well-being, you are there to sell sofas and that is all they are interested in. Staff are unhappy and unmotivated due to reasons such as these, they feel unappreciated and are drained with pressure every day, however they do not express this to management only amongst the team. This company will expand and do well, however the culture will move to a more commission environment and the fun will gradually continue to be ripped out of the job. Overall I do not regret my time at Sofology, however this is only due to the people I worked alongside and what the money enabled me to achieve. If you are looking to develop yourself as a person and become the best you can be, a career at Sofology is sadly quite limiting.
I really enjoy working at Sofology. The team I work with is fantastic and a really good laugh that produces fantastic work. The only area I feel let down is pay. I do feel within the team I'm in that we are all underpaid. It is not a very competitive salary for what the team does for the company.
Worked for a awhile , but experienced racism in so many forms , had no pro[per outlet to resolve problems , life was made unnecessarily difficult with the poor management structure and unprofessional staff.
  1. Employee reviews