Sofology

Areas for improvement
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
  • Sense of belonging

Fun, engaging and challenging place to work

Featured review

Sofology selected this as a representative review
Every day is different at Sofology. Work is always challenging and rewarding, and you feel as though the work that you do has tangible results at the end of it. From the beginning of my career with Sofology I instantly felt like part of the family. My induction was fun and engaging and I learned a lot about the company and the products in the space of a week. Travelling with the Delivery team for a day and our Service teams for a day gave me an insight into the hard work that goes into leaving our customers happy and comfortable on a sofa you love. The work ethic at Head Office (where I work) is excellent - there's always someone who is there to help you and you always want to help others in their roles. From the beginning to the end of the working day, you always feel like you're set tasks to complete within your role that are achievable and manageable. The rewards and benefits are great, and there are still some I haven't taken advantage of a year and a month after starting! It's a company that is always trying to help you advance in your position and give you opportunities to learn and develop. I'm so glad that I pursued a career with this company, and the future looks bright for me at Sofology.

Pros

Rewards and Benefits, Good annual leave time, Good management, hot and cold food served on site, rewarding work, advancement, learning and development opportunities, a fun work environment, modern IT systems and technology to help complete my work.

A good, energetic and comfortable place to work.

After 7 years of employment here, I am very satisfied with the progression in my job, the benefits the company offer and the stability it brings. I have a good work/life balance, especially since permanently moving to hybrid working. The company really took care of us through the pandemic and made sure that we were still paid and had jobs to return to after lockdown. I love the team that I work with, who motivate me to come into work everyday. I also enjoy how we are able to have fun and still hit our deadlines with no issues.

Pros

Birthday leave, flexible hours, hybrid working

Productive and Fun atmosphere .Stunning Showroom

Great showroom. Good location. Approachable store manager. Staff and colleagues pleasantly professional. Sales Consultant role very hands on and interactive. Company Apple Ipad provided along with uniform.. Good induction all aspects of role explained. 3 days of induction followed by two weeks of hands on training. Lots of Eleaning to complete. Support available always Fun and friendly environment to work.

Pros

30%Discount. 15% Friends &Family. Talk for tens.Diversity, Inclusion

Cons

Working Weekends .Lunchbreak 30 Mins

Stressful

If u like getting shouted at by customers for sofas being missing, broken, wrong orders etc then this is the job for you.. if you want to be treated like a human being avoid.. trucks loaded to the back doors no safe space to work..

Pros

Wagex

Cons

Everything else

Sofology

What can I say I loved working at Sofology it was a great atmosphere and group to work for one of my biggest regrets was leaving Sofology I wish I was there now 😢

Pros

Team, pay, the Buzz of the sale

Cons

Working every weekend

Fun place to work, non pressure sales environment

Worked in car sales for 18 years before deciding on a complete career change to find a better work-home life balance.Been working for Sofology for three years and still loving the job. No individual sales commission, store bonuses which means working as a team and supporting each other. Lots of opportunities not only in management progression but also in other areas of the business. Started in the Plymouth store then transferred to Cheltenham when a new store opened. Sofology paid a really good re-location package. Highly recommend Sofology as a career choice

Pros

Health care, smart tech, cycle to work scheme, volunteering days, days that matter

Cons

Can’t think of any

Fun place to work and fully appreciated by your peers

I have worked in retail for 30 years and Sofology is by far the best place I have worked. It is refreshing to be appreciated by your peers and in a very relaxed atmosphere. The benefits are very good and they encourage you in everything you do, if you are looking for advancement they will do everything they can to help you and if you are not looking for advancement that is fine also.They say that people are there biggest asset and in the two years that i have worked here that have time and time again proved that.If you are looking for a fun, relaxed and enjoyable place to work i would thoroughly recommend Sofology.The OTE they advertise is easily achieved as long as you are a team player and are prepared to work hard.

Pros

Health care, employees discounts at lots of retailers and a very good share save scheme.

Cons

Weekend working but scope for weekend days off

Very Good place to work

For the last 2 year have the pleasure and privilege to work at sofology, since the first phone call until now One of the most enjoyable places i haver worked forGood pay and bonus schemes Open door to speak when needed Good balanced work life Great Benefits Progression is available Great atmosphere

Productive and Fun Workplace

Sofology is revolutionising the furniture industry, they are a progessive and fun business always putting the customer and employees first. They adapt to customer’s needs and want’s but lifestyle choices as well, with their massive focus on environmental impact and the evolution of technology driven ways of shopping.As an employee the company has truly hired me for me, there is no template for what they are looking for, they don’t want robots they truly want you to be you. Sofology not only has countless rewards and benefits but they are focused on finding the best choices for you, whether you are just looking for part-time employment or you are looking to build up a career. The skies are the limit, and it is a people driven company, a real work family.

Poor management and very poor route 0lanning

Expected to work maximum legal hour permissible for a 2 man driving team. Unrealistic bonus targets. Holidays and days off were almost impossible to get when employee wanted them.

Pros

Cons

Ling hours unsafe working practices

Horrible management

Management speak to you like you’re a child, offer no training and favouritism and “cliqueiness” is formidable. Nearly every person in that office is suffering with stress and mental health issues down to the way they are treated. Most of the people I worked with were lovely and not working with them is my only downside to leaving. If you want your mental state to remain intact avoid, avoid, avoid!!!

Pros

Decent pay, but not worth the stress

Cons

Your not just joining a company your joining a family

I've worked for the company over 6 years and seen it go through alot of change which have all been for the better. Sofology cares about its employees and customers making sure they are always being treated fairley. Sofology has many more amazing things to come putting us head and shoulders above the our competitors. It's Great place to work for would recommend anyone - I've even told my brother in law to apply for job.

Pros

A company that's cares about you - your not just a number

Cons

Working every weekend

Changing The Way How The Furniture Industry is Viewed, for the Better.

Sofology are innovative, progressive and fun. In terms of the level of service and customer satisfaction is second to none. But most importantly the business hire people for who they are and what they are about. Your personality is what shines through with the sales staff and they always go above and beyond for the customer. The benefits you receive from Holiday entitlement, to company based rewards are very enticing too. Overall it is a fantastic place to work for who are constantly innovating and have revolutionised the way Sofas are sold, to make the sofa buying experience be about the customer's lifestyle.

Fun and progressive place to work

If you are after a fun, low stress, team based work atmosphere then you are considering the right place! I have worked here for over 4 years and have loved every second of it its the type of place where if you are away on holiday for more then 10 days you kinda get a slight urge to want to go back to work, they really really care about their people and its refreshing to be a part of that as I have never worked in a workplace that cares that much before, because of the way the team based bonus works means you don't have to worry about not earning a penny while you are on holliday like you would if you worked on commission, i'd say a good 95% of management vacancys go to internal promotions. The only 1 downside is you will have to work every weekend. That is the only catch but you do get 4 days off over christmas and no long stressful stretch of days in over new year!

Pros

Team based bonus, massive earning potential, fun company, stressless, progressive, committed, caring, trusted, 4 days over xmas off

Cons

Every weekend

Stressful

Worked for this business for a few years. I found myself stressed, over worked and upset a lot of the time. I worked in my personal time and was never given time back or paid over time.I worked in a team where people were given opportunities and some didn’t even get a chance.Someone once described the place as a 5 year olds football team; throw the ball in and watch everyone panic , running about...The facilities were very poor. Kitchens disgusting and toilets coldSome offices didn’t even have windows

Pros

I’m Sure there’s one...?

Cons

The list is endless

Don’t trust your manager

Don’t trust your manager. If you’re part of the in crowd then you’re okay but if you’re not in the “club” then be careful. Any mistake will lead to an investigation. Getting false statements and “evidence” from colleagues will be used against you. Good luck if you start here, it doesn’t matter how good at selling you are, you will be managed out eventually. Contract is 42.5 hours for full timers starting but you will be paid the same as someone working 40 hours. Doesn’t sound a lot but it works out at 2 weeks extra work for the same pay.

Pros

Good pay even if contracts are unfair for new starters

Cons

Management will manage you out if they don’t like you

Avoid

AVOIDDDDD managers speak to you as a child no support in the head office, work in the call centre and every day is rubbish . customers and staff are horrible no help. the only thing keeping me there are the people on my team.

Pros

people

Cons

micro managed toilet breaks

I enjoyed my time at Sofology. The management was very helpful and made me feel like part of the team from the beginning. They always tried to accommodate my needs and we're flexible when my childcare circumstances changed.

Pros

Great team

Innovativer, Schnellgängiger Arbeitsort

Die Arbeit bei Sofology war sehr beanspruchsvoll und hat mich herausgefordert. Der tägliche Umgang mit Kunden bringt immer was Neues. Das basis einkommen beträgt 1500 pfund pro monat bruto, doch es wird 11/12 mal im Jahr ein Bonus dazu kommen, das kollektiv an allen Angestellten der Filliale ausgezahlt wird.

Pros

Arbeits IPAD und Hemden

Causes depression

Complete lack of support and training. Given insufficient tools to do the job. The products are shoddy, poorly built and pretty much always damaged before reaching the customer. Everything is blamed on the delivery crew. Come away everyday feeling angry unsupported and worthless. Company is a complete joke and has no consideration for health and safety at all.

Pros

Cons

Working there

Horrible staff

The staff were awful here. They weren’t welcoming at all. Because they had all formed bonds they made me feel like an outsider and that I wasn’t welcomed. The admins I worked with were favourited and would always complain to the manager when I asked for helps as I was new. I was then made redundant whilst on maternity leave. I worked whilst pregnant and my personal circumstances weren’t respected And my maternity check ups weren’t approved of. I was in a bad way in hospital and my husband rang the manager to tell them I’m really ill and her words were “she could have rang her self” baring in my mind I was severely sick! Horrible people

Cons

Horrible staff

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sofology. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare Sofology with