Softcat

Softcat Employee Reviews

Highly recommend the company to anyone, lots of progression available and a really good fun place to go to work everyday. Plenty of benefits too, like breakfast and lots of vendors supplied lunches.
Pros
Free breakfast, great culture, lots of fun to work there
Softcat is a great company to work for and the office is very lively place to be at all times. Worked with some great people and some great vendors whilst i was there.
Be prepared for the job your applying for. In order to do well here you must have an interest in IT and customer service. The job is hard and fast paced but the rewards can be financially beneficial.
Loved working here but would have been much better if we were paid accurately to reflect the hard work we put in. Working at a computer processing orders
It was a great place to work at the start - lots of vendors coming in, incentives and group nights out. As the target gets higher so does the stress and scrutiny - if you miss a second target in a row a disciplinary starts and from there the chances of being fired increase everyday which made it a toxic atmosphere. Advice is be ruthless with requesting good accounts otherwise you are left with the scraps.
Working at Softcat has been the best job I have held. Everyone is happy at the company due to the great work-life balance. There is lots of training available and they are always trying to help you in achieving the most you can at the company.
Pros Very relaxed working environment - Some people might like the casual nature. Diverse age range Interesting clients / projects. Early Finish / Beer Fridge on Friday/ Cool modern office Cons Far too casual, especially with dealing with top level clients, the approach of being 'Pally Pally' and 'Lets pretend we are best mates after 2 interactions' to build relationships does not work. Sales staff need lessons in business etiquette and quickly! I frankly found it embarrassing to hear how customers / subcontractors are spoken to. Don't be fooled by the glossy 'Google like' exterior Softcat portrays! Unless you are one of the many sales staff, you are at the bottom rung of the ladder, incentives are pretty much non existent as its a Hard Sale organisation which runs off commission. Company reluctant to improve operations, people in management positions who shouldn't be. Overall a very disappointing experience I experienced a poor welcome to the company, barely introduced to anyone, no company induction
Are you a white, straight man who graduated within 12 months who likes alcohol and football? Then you're basically at home. For everyone else though, you're going to stand out like a sore thumb. MASSIVE lack of diversity and money-obsessed. This company doesn't live by any values of a modern organisation. Very cut-throat and internally competitive. if you are really good at selling tech and want to make a lot of money, then yeah you're good. However, for anyone who remotely enjoys anything resembling values, you're going to dislike it here.
Great culture and teams. KPIs can be slightly out of reach; the region was saturated - AMs struggling to break into new accounts. Support from different teams, L&D team and management was brilliant. Acquired a lot of skills and learnt a lot.
good toast and ping pong Nice snooker table managers are awesome If you don't hit targets early you will be fired pretty quickly then your accounts go to the team leaders and the senior salespeople so they earn even more. Many rich people here
Pros
free toast
Cons
Softcat is a fantastic company to work for. The expectations and targets are overly challenging. However they have a fantastic structure in place to give anyone the best chances of accomplishing goals.
Pros
Cons
Cliques
there is a good atmosphere in all the offices where everyone is very friendly. As an initial entrance to the IT industry there is no better reseller to work for
Goood company to work for Fun- parties, trips, team days/nights out Looks after staff Salary ok Good incentives Friendly people Rewarding Good management
Pros
Parties
Cons
Great atmosphere whilst working at the London office as the staff were very friendly. Great commission structure and incentives in place.
Great people, incentives and culture. Management team are great. Lots of perks such as dress down tuesday to friday. Highly recommend working here.
If you don't like cold calling, Softcat isn't for you. Make sure you want to make your career in a large, growing phone based sales company before applying. Softcat is about as good as it gets for phone based sales.
This included dealing with a sales team and establishing and retaining relationships with Vendors. I learnt a lot about how Business works within the corporate environment and how to work under pressure and to strict deadlines. The hardest part of the job was continuing to be organised when workload was high. The most enjoyable part was meeting new and exciting people and introducing them to the company.
Softcat is a fun and rewarding company. I spent my days here cold calling into companies to validate their information on our systems and qualify the likelihood of them working with us in the future as an It solutions provider for them. We had training every few days (and 3 weeks intensive training beforehand) on IT products, companies and technologies. I was supported very well by team members and general members of staff.
Softcat are a brilliant well known company in the IT Reseller world. They have fantastic work values and I learnt a lot within my time there. My team were very supportive however the Office Manager and myself had a few issues. It was fantastic working in London for the first time in my life and Softcat helped my transition from country to city life a lot.
Pros
vendor days, incentive trips