Soho House & Co.

Soho House & Co. Employee Reviews

Enjoyed my job and worked well with others. Felt valued to a point, however unfortunately the business is closing sites and making people redundant including myself.
Pros
Free lunches, discounts app, free activities outside of work to get involved in including self learning.
Cons
management very laid back and focus was put on the houses instead of the whole estate.
During my work experience in all around the World cruise industry and another places,this the World best company for paying 👌, respect in work,and when you going to work you fill like you are at home,with your family,good vibes Menagers are very polite and helpful,free lunch,paid brakes,free soft drinks,service charge is spread very correctly and is made our salary higher e.t.c
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
sometime is very busy
Terrible place to work. Expected to work all hours going for no thanks or extra pay. I would finish a shift at 3am and be expected to start work again at 11am for another 12+ hour shift. No one can work here for longer than a few years before wanting to leave.
Pros
Free good quality food on break
Cons
Overworked and underpaid, no work/life balance, finish a shift at 3am and expected to start again before 12pm, Worked to the ground, End up broken and miserable within months
Soho house, amazing company, busy places, but in there I had one of my best working experience in my life, I had a chanceto know many people and work with amazing chefs
Ho avuto il piacere di lavorare con persone molto professionali e capaci. Il club è frequentato da attori, musicisti, cantanti e artisti!
Would give zero stars if I could. Managers are awful, not training you properly, I was left alone on my second or 3rd day on the job to close with no support at 3am. Managers constantly tried to push me to work days I made clear I was unable to do due to university commitments. Expect to work 9 or 10 hours with a half hour break. Terrible experience.
Pros
Cons
Stressful, rude managers, long hours, short breaks.
Never get the salary what they promise me in my interwiew, also not the Position what i get promis.. and this is not happend just to me.. i know 8 coworker what had the same Problem. P&D absolutely unprofessionell and not even try to help employer, just on company side in every reason.. still missing money
Pros
Nice landscape
Cons
Non
If you can work under pressure, they are the ones for you. If you get used to the pace, you can have fun on the shifts and meet a lot of interesting people.
Great place to work, flexible hours, good communication with the managers, you work till late and really busy in the weekend, good salary and a lots of training.
Very fast and stressful job. They expect you to run more than 15 tables without any help whatsoever with management just playing with they’re phone and chatting about the latest gossip of the restaurant staff! There’s no training provided from them a part from some people coming once in a while. Overall very bad experience and what left me sad is the totally careless from the management and the no teacher from team members. Shame.
Soho house always been famous to be great to their staff in hospitality. It’s true they are great and engaging, motivating their staffs and doing great trainings.
my permanence at soho house was so stressful that it didn't let me to have a personal life, shift too long from 6.30 am to 17 or 17 to 3 am. Managers are not collaborative and if you need something from them they have no clue to how to help you. If you want a raise of salary you have to ask, they never offer to you.
Pros
free staff food
Cons
staff food old about 4 or more days
Amazing, was a great pleasure to work with such a lovely team, management. Everyone is very friendly there. For me was like a big family. I enjoyed whit every day
Environment where most of the staff and management use illegal drugs to work, it’s a very bad workplace where they try to put their feet on your head and give you order without sense and never asking please or a simple thank you! DO NOT WORK FOR SOHO HOUSE!
They always lie about the salary, they always pay much lower than they promise and they do so many mistakes with the payrolls as well, top of that after resigning they even ''forgot'' to pay me for my last 4 days.. I emailed them several times, they always apologise and promise to resolve it but they never do anything for that. Management is completely rubbish and unprofessional with zero problem solving skills, always speaking in a foreign language with the rest of the staff, rarely using English. The most important thing is that they never care about hralth and safety forcing staff to carry loads of heavy stock in a five level building using a very narrow staircase while there is a lift that only managers are permitted to use. I really hope that place is not the only option for someone
A bit hot in the canteen, but it's a phenomenal view at the top. Great feeling serving high profile guests. Time-consuming to anybody who doesn't live within reach of the building so plan accordingly.
Moja firma daje możliwość szybkiego awansu. Pracowałam na kilku pozycjach w mojej firmie. Powodem była chec zdobycia doświadczenia i wiedzy o funkcjonowaniu firmy.
Was bullied for two years by a by manager until one day I try to kill my self and they eventually noticed not a very nice company to work for will destroy you from the inside out
I started this experience not speaking a good english. My first tasks where really easy and not oriented to the customer. After a great training period and thanks to my nice colleagues I started to improve my English, learn how to deal with customers and day by day my confidence was more and more solid to thge point I started to train my new colleagues. Great experience!
Working nights ideal if you have no life. working all night sleeping most of the day is not ideal took its toll on my life. I asked to change to a day shift or another position but was simply just told No and that I needed to do 6 months service until this would be considered so I decided to leave. management of my department got away with anything they wanted and some had a bullying nature towards new starters but the team who were non managers are really nice here so gets you through the job.
Its been a pleasure to work with Soho House. At the forefront of the industry. Great fun, busy sites with a unique style that real professionals will love. Great chances for promotion, locations all over the world. Brilliant to have been a head chef for them.
  1. Employee reviews