Soho House & Co.
Happiness score is 64 out of 100

Soho House & Co. Employee Reviews

United Kingdom152 reviews

farmhousehospitalityhousestaffpressurefreepromiseamazing

Good company, but department needed improvements.

In terms of the company and the hotel itself, I do think it is a really good place to work. Competitive salary and really good job benefits plus the food in the canteen is top stuff.It was just my particular department that was a bit of shambles, allot of things needs major improvement particularly with management.

Amazing place to work, beautiful scenery

-Soho is a very fast paced company- It can be stressful at times due to nature of the job-Good communication between departments- training provided - good work benefits

Insights into Soho House & Co.

What people like
  • Fair pay for job
Areas for improvement
  • Support from manager
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Time and location flexibility

Awful place

Please avoid this company if you are working in the office. They sell you a dream initially but the reality is definitely not what it seems. Its toxic, cliquey and unsupportive. You work a 40 hour day but are still expected to do more hours - you even feel like you are walking on eggshells by taking a proper lunchbreak which, obviously, is unpaid. The people are fake and managers need more training - especially mine who could not be bothered to respond to messages half the time. Also, there is barely any flexibility, they allegedy operate ‘hybrid’ but its 4 days in the office 1 day at home which is not really hybrid at all. Please, to help your own mental wellbeing, AVOID.

Nice place to work.

I have worked here almost a year. It is a really good company to work for. They offer ALLOT of development opportunities and the salary is the most competitive i have seen so far.The hours are good and fair, i have never felt overworked.

Pros

Free uniforms, and lunches.

Cons

Only 2 Staff lifts in the entire building that constantly breaks down.

Relaxed place but can be stressful

On a normal day it’s easy job but when something unexpected happens then it starts to be difficult. There is a lack of communication between departments.

Fast paced and rewarding workplace

Overall, Soho Farmhouse is a great place to work, all the staff are super friendly and are well valued. Soho also offers a lot of opportunities for people who want to pursue hospitality as a career.

Pros

Free lunches, Great pay, Plenty of benefits

Cons

If working full time, it is unlikely you will get weekends off

Fantastic place with endless career progression

I have worked here for 4 years. I started as a runner and now work as assistant resturant manager. Endless opportunities and super fun. It is a fast paced place, always something happening .

The people are what make this place tick!

Soho Farmhouse is a great place to work - it's highly rewarding and constantly pushes people to be better. It's incredibly busy but if you're up for working in a fast-paced environment that encourages employees and promotes from within, then look no further.You will learn a lot here and meet the most incredible people in the process. I can't recommend this place highly enough!

Pros

Free lunches whilst on shift, great pay, seasonal work - perfect for students

Don’t go!! Liars!

Stay away! this company is full of lies and unfulfilled promises over and over again, staff who worked here so hard for years will never get valued and get constantly looked over never treated with respect even when you’re the first to help and be there for your team and managers when they need it but are no shows when you need them! After the years I worked for this company the time I spent there killing myself being promised promotions over and over again and no return. All the managers are snakes and fakes don’t trust them this company is a cult!

Best team

I’ve worked at soho farmhouse for three years, and I can honestly say although it’s pretty brutal in the peak seasons in the summer it’s a best place I’ve ever workedThe chefs here are an incredible bunch of human beings and I feel honoured to work alongside some serious hero’s It’s pretty jokes working here and the team are amazing

Loved working here since day 1!

Absolutely love and enjoy the vibe here. The staff and management teams are amazing and friendly and the the location is incredible. There is a real sense of family and welcoming :)

Pros

Food on shift Friendly atmosphere Creative space.

Cons

Nothing really. You know what you sign up for in hospitality so the hours are expected.

Great team

I've worked at Farm for near three years. It changed a lot and is definitely still pretty mad place but there is a lot more support now. We do weekly training's and there is lots of internal promotion, and they have stared to reward people who work hard and go above and beyond. The place is still pretty busy but most people work really hard an also have a laugh making it happen.

Full of opportunities

Soho Farmhouse allowed me to grow in the hospitality industry. It is a very big site and can get stressful sometimes but you get to work with great people and can do different jobsLots of high profiles coming on-site and they/we love the discretion and we can get familiar with the members.I recommend this place for anyone who is interested in learning about hospitality and growing in the industry.

"One team, one dream"

As a runner, shifts are demanding even on quiet days. Be prepared to be walking most, if not all, of your shift. Though it can be a tiring, the team you work with more than make refresh you.Almost everyone I came into contact with were kind, hard-working and empathetic individuals and make what could be a very difficult job enjoyable and rewarding. They are also very supportive, so if you require extra help, you can rely on them to provide what you may need.My only criticism is that they can work you harder than is necessary. A 45 minute break for a 12 hour shift and 30 minutes for anything under that with one meal is a little stingy when its such a physically demanding role.However, if you're prepared for that, the job opportunity is highly rewarding. You'll learn a great deal about hospitality, high-quality service, teamwork and communication and other important skills. The job is also fairly paid and there is ample opportunity to move through the ranks should you want to.

Pros

Excellent team, benefits, skills. Fair pay.

Cons

Long hours, demanding job.

Great place

An amazing place to be , I have meet here plenty of talented people that help to each other a lot . Is nice to work in an very busy environment knowing that there is always support. Place in general is fantastic and beautiful!

Great culture and really supportive senior management team!

I get fantastic support from the senior management team, and feel truly listened to and valued in the business.The culture is great - and I love taking part in all the additional courses and activities the company put on each month for everyone to get involved with! Such a good way for all levels in the business to come together and have a bit of down time, and fun together!

Exciting and fun place to work

I've been at Farmhouse for around 3 years and find it a fast paced, exciting place to work. No two days are the same and there are great opportunities to train and learn new skills, lots of fun staff activities that you can do during the day or evening and chances to progress within the company. The Farm is making great changes to be a better place to work!

Pros

Complimentary lunches, great working environment, staff activities

Cons

Can be busy and hard work but the teams always help where they can

Outside of the Ordinary

Having worked at Soho Farmhouse for over 5 years, I have progressed into Management and feel that I am heard as an employee by my peers.Soho House is a company that challenges the norms and pushes us to be different and quirky - an environment that most will thrive in. Everyday is a challenge, but it is what makes Soho House employees resilient and I feel that we are appreciated by our members and guests.

Pros

progression & space to try different roles, team events, staff meals, London lifestyle, without being in London, opportunity to express personality

Cons

No uniform allowance, bumpy staff road/car park

Fabulous diverse culture

Like anywhere in hospitality right now, work isn't easy, however the only counter to this is to look after each other and treat eachother with respect, which is something this company and its managers do in spades!!!A great culture of diversity and inclusion, which is at the heart of what it does, rather than just box ticking. The team here work like a family, and have the one goal of trying to make things better for the customer and each other, and that passion shows in a million ways.

Challenging but the people make it

Farm is definitely a challenging environment, it's really busy in the summer and the service standards are high.There is a good training programme in place, and the people who work there are honestly some of the best I've ever worked with.Everyone looks out for each other, and it's fun when there's big events of party's For sure you need to be willing to work hard but I learnt a lot during my time.

Positive

Positive experience overall working in Soho House. Good pay and very good career opportunities. I would recommend it to anyone with a passion for hospitality.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Soho House & Co.. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.5 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement