Solent University

Solent University Employee Reviews

I do guest lectures at Solent University so don’t work there full time. From my experience of working with social work tutors I have found the team to be very welcoming and engaging.
I loved working at Solent University. The work was really dynamic and fun, since I was in the international office, and my manager and colleagues were amazing!
I used to love working here, it was a great job and my work was appreciated. Sadly that changed, they wanted me to do the same job and more for less money, management no longer showed any appreciation for a job well done, it didn't feel like what I was doing was about the student experience anymore it was about maximising their income. Such a shame but I have to say the work ethos has totally changed and it's no longer a good place to work.
I had a good time doing the work experience at the university, and I was really happy (and surprised) at how well paid I was during the experience. The uni itself is also fantastic.
Thoroughly enjoyed my contract at Solent University. Great supportive management structure, freedom to work and to collaborate, smashing communications and marketing team colleagues/colleagues across the university. Highly recommended employer.
Working at Solent University is fun and everyone cooperates in order to give the best customer service possible. I would recommend working there as a student ambassador to a friend because it's a relaxed environment and it's fairly paid.
Solent University offers 'campus jobs' for students to do alongside their studies. As a part of this I worked two summers for their Clearing Hotline Team and then assisted in helping new students move into their halls of residence. I found Solent to be a good employer, and the people I worked with were a pleasure.
Student Ambassador is a great place to work alongside your studies. Everyone you work with is lovely, they are very flexible with hours - you just pick up shifts when you can do them. A great way to represent the University and learn a whole bunch of new skills. Great place to work!
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
None!
Solent University gave me the best opportunity to learn some crucial skills to working with children. Being part of such a wonderful team made the whole experience sooo much better
I was more involved with the university as I worked for it. The management was super organised. We could take up the work that we wished to do and the salary was a great benefit. I was able to travel for work and met a lot of amazing people and was able to build connections.
A typical day at working included throwing hot dogs at people. I learned how to cook hotdogs. The management were hotdogs. The working place culture was largely based around hotdogs. The hardest part of the job was stuffing myself with hotdogs. The most enjoyable part of the job was drinking the hotdog water.
Solent has facilitated my learning and professional development. A great pace to study and gain valuable meaningful work experience to start your career.
A friendly place with a helpful team. Term time only which gives you around three months off per year. Management is accessible if not always quick to respond to issues.
Pros
Three months off per year.
Cons
Periods of high intensity.
This role suited me well being a student myself at the time. The job itself was well paid, The University were also flexible to re-arrange shifts to co-inside with my studies. The only problem was the hours offered were not enough and after leaving university as a student, the job role had to end.
Pros
well paid job, flexible with studies.
Cons
not many posts, usually only can apply internally.
Great place to work, with amazing people. University is always in a constant state of transition which has both pros and cons. One con would be job security, but they do support you if you are looking at developing a skill or undertaking further studies.
Pros
Discounts on staff events like trips to France
Cons
Continually in a state of transition
Great people, great atmosphere and amazing support. I only wish they offered more advancement for staff to stop jobs from becoming stale. but a wonderful environment!
was good to have this job while being at university studying, helped me be flexible and earn some extra cash. I was lucky enough to work along side my teachers.
It was a great experience and very fun. I got to work with young kids at various school. I learnt a lot about how to deal with them and what to do to make it enjoyable for them. It was difficult at time controlling everyone but that gave me a chance to learn more about skills and techniques.
Pros
Long Lunches