SOMERSET CARE

SOMERSET CARE Employee Reviews

United Kingdom227 reviews

carersrotalovelycareruserresidentcaresupport

Good if you like to work 24/7

Hassling all the time even on days off. Clients are lovely. Some team members speak down to you others respect you. It is what you make of it. All care companies are the same.

Pros

Staff

Cons

MAnagement

Non productive and not supported

Worked for Somerset Care for a few years, management was non supportive if you wanted to progress unless they liked you alot !! This also stands for area managers. New pay scale was rubbish, supervisors on different rates of pay for doing the same job. High staff turn over , shame really as years ago (10+) was a great company to work for. Homes now too big with not enough staff. Never enough time to spend with the residents. Staff tired and worn out. Residents deserve more.

Insights into SOMERSET CARE

Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Support from manager

Low pay for the stress of the job. Very gossipy

No one listened to how you are feeling or concerns you have. If you report a problem no one listens. Management say different things to different people to whichever suits them

Pros

Some nice staff

Cons

Underpaid. Gossipy. Rude

Diverse and rewarding organisation

Somerset Care is a caring and proactive organisation to work for and I have enjoyed my time here. I feel supported by my colleagues and my manager and feel we work together to achieve positive outcomes for our teams and our residents. Training is very good and there are career pathways for people who wish to progress.

I feel part of the family

Stockmoor Lodge is a great home. Great team, great work ethics and balanced work load. I absolutely love working there and feel valued and validated. Management are great, my colleagues are great and I feel the residents live a more peaceful life for it, they get great care and I love being around them.Training is taken seriously, the home is inclusive of all nationalities and progression is encouraged.

Stressful, Unfair and Overworked

Would not recommend to a friend. Overworked and underpaid, lovely residents and some colleagues. No support from higher up or management when issues come across such as hours or concerns. Poor communication, grueling hours with minimal break and no benefits such as food for staff. Non-stop 7-14 hour shifts.

Lovely staff

Lovely staff and very friendly but I found the work hard as it was rush rush rush and you dont get time to spend time with them I worked nights to and you spend most of the time cleaning

Pros

Friendly staff

Cons

Manager not very understanding

Not part of the team

To sum up Somerset care at grovelands felt not part of the team being on the housekeeping side care staff don't get into conversation with you some do some don't mainly keep to there own side on the care support it's better as you get to know the residents

Them and us culture.

Poor management. No in house training, only on line learning. No reviews. Staff turnover is massive as not a good place to work.Very short staffing levels and it is difficult to give the care the residents deserve which makes it a very distressing job.

Stressful

Poor work life and support from management. Only appreciated when picking up overtime.Good pay and benefits like wagestream. Shifts can be flexible.

Pros

Good pay

An awful place to work

An awful place to work with unsupportive management,Bad pay,Lazy staff.Residents are neglected and dont recieve the correct care.No care for staffs mental health

Cons

Awful pay for alot of work

Stressful with low staffing and high case load

I worked for the company for a while, and in that time I found the job to be very stressful. My line manager was not approachable and was intimidating. Very stressful with awful staffing ratios.Good shift patterns available and flexible working for those with young children.

Pros

My Caring Rewards

Cons

Poor staffing numbers compared to service users

Damaging and soul destroying

You're easily replaced,not listened to,not given the things you need in order to do your job properly ,or the time! Pay is disgusting for the hours that they insist upon and your not granted your holidays .working for Somerset care has put me off working in care for the rest of my life. Residents and some (minimal) other staff were an absolute pleasure to be around but you are NOT supported,your own family life suffers !!

Excellent company always felt support by my manager.

Somerset care really do care about their residents and staff thought the pandemic. Everyone worked as a team within the home.Management supported out on the floor.

Pros

Feel safe working thought Covid-19 company followed government guidelines.

Cons

Can't really think off any

No leadership, manager , managed by staff , training very basic .

Worse company l ever worked for. No leadership within the home, the manager was managed by the senior staff. Training was basic and hurried. No work home life balance . My advice to someone thinking of joining Somerset care , don’t do it.

Cons

Long hours lack of support and leadership

Enjoyed working there for awhile

I learned a lot at Somerset Care and really enjoyed the job at the beginning but it got harder and harder to enjoy. The minimum wage is a bit ridiculous considering how hard you have to work. Breaks are\were paid but you hardly ever have the time to take them also if the bells ring you are expected to answer them. Loved all the residents, and some members of staff were lovely, however there is a lot of gossip and trying to get people in trouble, in the end it was a relief to make the decision to leave

Pros

Easy parking

Cons

Long hours, low pay, short staffed, constantly being asked to do overtime

Stressfull

This compny is awful, it really doesn't care about it's staff at all, they say they are a non profit company but once you work for them you realise it's all about profit and saving money. Always short staffed, low pay, the work is impossible as you are so short that you can be doing the work of 3+ people per shift and you don't get any extra for doing so. Managment is absolutely terrible, they don't address or sort issues and just sit in the office all day sipping coffee.Somerset care? More like Somerset don't care.

Pros

none whatsoever

Cons

Extremely stressful enviroment and poor managment

Job Satisfaction and Excellent Team work

I really enjoyed working here with staff and clients, the job gives you a lot of satisfaction and the clients are lovely too . It’s like working as a family. I had to give up caring for personal reasons. I would recommend working for Somerset care . The office staff and line managers are caring and supportive. The only downside is the fact they pay you each month for holiday pay , so you need to be ready to put that money aside for when you want to take annual leave .

Over worked and under paid.

Poor payShort staffed all the timeHaving to do manual handling on you own when it should be 2 peoplePoor menus Lack of transparency as a company Unpaid breaks that you do not end up taking due to demands of clients who obviously come first Poor higher management dont care about menial staff although WE were the ones who kept their not for profit company going during COVID 19I could go on however not enough space too.Only bonus is staff are a good knit team who help each other out when needed and give each other the boosts they need when the job gets too much.

Pros

None as they take any pros away when they feel like it and expect staff to work the same

Work

I find the work very fulfilling that I have made people in their own home contented and achieving their needs. I feel a feeling of achievement that I have assisted someone to live in their own homes. It can be stressful but the team I work within are very supportive. As an Re-enablement Worker is it nice to be able to assist the clients to become independent.

Pros

The feeling of achievement

Cons

A wonderful team to work with

I have worked in the reablement team for just over a year and I have honestly enjoyed it every day. Every member of the team are supportive and are on hand with advice when needed. To be out in the community, supporting customers to become as independent as possible following a hospital stay, is certainly rewarding. We are offered regular training to attend and team meetings to keep us informed of any updates. I would highly recommend working with this team.

Pros

Knowing that you have assisted a customer to get their independence back.

Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SOMERSET CARE. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.0 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement