SOMERSET CARE
Happiness score is 50 out of 100

SOMERSET CARE Employee Reviews for Care Worker

Everyone is very friendly, and going out working in the community is very rewarding. However, the office and management is not always very organised. Shifts can be spread out, meaning you are working 5-10, however you only get paid for care work (when you are in the service users house) and sometimes that is only 3/4 hours pay. I really enjoy my job, however the office try and make you do long and extra hours and get you driving anywhere and everywhere
Cons
I enjoy working for Somerset Care, there is plenty of work available. The clients we support are so lovely, my manager is always on the end of the phone if I need something and everyone is polite and friendly.
Pros
Plenty of hours
Cons
Pay rate could be better
The hardest part of the day in my job is when you work with the most miserable people’s, and the most enjoyable is the day you working with the good team worked
My typical day at work is hardworking but enjoyable,their is days where it is challenging but their is isn't a work place where their isn't have fully enjoyed working their,
They say they’re a non profit organisation but they’re all about the money. Planning is awful, calls are changed or added on at last minute. Service users have no idea what’s going on half the time. Supervisor and manager useless, always losing paperwork, or forgetting to do this or that. Not treating people as people, but just a number, slotting Or squeezing them in when ever they can. They put horrendous pressure on staff to bend over backwards and constantly ringing and texting to work more. Avoid!
Management happy to hang their staff out to dry in order to look good themselves. No support. Constant phone calls asking you to work extra even if you've just finished a double shift. Constant calls on days off. Incredibly hard to book time off and no feedback as to whether holiday allowed. No consideration of staff if their client has died. Training a joke. Pay dreadful.
If you’re looking for job satisfaction come and join our amazing team here at Somerset Care. Working in care and supporting all these wonderful people to live in their own homes and be as independent as they can be - brings me the greatest Joy.
12 November 2018
Thank you for taking the time to send us your feedback. It is very important to us. We are pleased to hear that you are really enjoying working for Somerset Care. Our mission is to enhance quality of life and promote independence of older and disabled people. It sounds like you are really helping us to achieve this.We continually strive to make Somerset Care an employer of choice so If you have any thoughts on how we could improve in any way please contact us via email: hr@somersetcare.co.uk or call us on 01823 448319
My job makes me feel like I am giving something back to the community, it really is so rewarding. I get to make a difference to the lives of others and nothing could be more rewarding
12 November 2018
Thank you for taking the time to write and send us your review. We are pleased to hear that you are finding your job so rewarding. Our mission is to enhance quality of life and promote independence of older and disabled people. It sounds like you are really helping us to achieve that. We are always keen to get feedback in order to continually improve so if you did have any thoughts at all please do not hesitate to contact us via email: hr@somersetcare.co.uk or call us on 01823 448319.
Where to start! Yeovil base is an absolute joke. So understaffed that you cannot give sufficient care to people. 10 calls in 5 hours, no travel time, no support and the worst business manager any company could have. So worried about saving money that all the staff and clients suffer. It’s so bad that all long standing staff are leaving due to poor management and no home/Work life balance. If you want to be treated like a piece of rubbish then work for this company.
Pros
Clients are lovely
Cons
Business manager, no support, over worked and under staffed big time.
12 November 2018
Thank you for taking time to write and send us your review. We are sorry to hear that you did not enjoy working for Somerset Care. We are always keen to get feedback in order to continually improve. If you did wish to discuss the concerns raised above, please email: hr@somersetcare.co.uk or call us on: 01823 448319
Not a good company to work for, got phone calls even when I was on holiday abroad wanting me to confirm if I could work extra! Pretty difficult when your couple of thousand miles away! No flexibility yet your meant to be flexible for them! Wouldn’t recommend at all! If you don’t do what they want they threaten to lower your guaranteed hours! No choice of what hours you do 7am starts and 10pm finishes! Not worth the stress there are companies out there that pay more and treat staff much better. Countless issues with pay roll! The list goes on! And if your shift falls on Christmas Boxing Day and New Year’s Day your expected to do it all! Even when they are all long days which means no time with family over Christmas! They will not make any effort to give you any time off over Christmas! Very disheartening company to work for
12 November 2018
We are sorry to hear that you did not enjoy working for Somerset Care. If you did wish to discuss the concerns raised above, please email: hr@somersetcare.co.uk
Great company just really busy and maybe took to much on.sometimes felt my views were not being listened to or anything improving ASAP Communication was ok but not great and I almost lost my faith
Pros
Easy to talk to
Cons
Not much improved from concerns
The work itself is very rewarding, training short but can get you by. Management absolutely useless, do not listen to the staff or help solve problems. Always asking you to help on days off. Also they seem to turn a blind eye to bullying among staff.
Pros
Pay
Cons
The job is lovely but the company isn't run very well. If your working the morning you don't get your roster till the night before and if your working the afternoon you don't receive your roster till a few hours before going out to work, they will send you a work schedule through the post which you receive on Fridays but your work will.morw than likely change.
Cons
Long hour's
3 May 2017
Many thanks for taking the time to provide us with an honest and open review. I am sorry to hear you feel the organisation is not ran very well. I would like to take this opportunity to assure you that as an organisation we are open to all feedback and would welcome time to discuss this with you further. We are a structured organisation with a large central support team who review our processes and procedures on a regular basis to ensure that the organisation is professional and efficient. Please could I ask you to make contact with the Human Resources Team on 01823 448 321 to discuss this further should you wish to. Kind regards Somerset Care Recruitment Team
Always call, always on your day off, planners don't have a clue, people go off willy nilly, not worth your life. Constant people leaving. Good thing though, money is good, if ur in it for the money like management s, you will fit right in.
Pros
Money
Cons
Everything else
3 May 2017
Many thanks for taking the time to provide us with your review. We are very sorry to hear you were not happy with your employment at Somerset Care. I can however confirm that all staff are provided with sufficient training to ensure they can carry out their role effectively. With regards to money - we are a not-for-profit organisation with full transparency. We have no shareholders and all profit is ploughed back into the organisation. As an award winning care provider are priority is our customers, ensuring that the care we provide is first class. Should you wish to discuss any of the above further please contact a member of the Human Resources Team on 01823 448 321. Kind RegardsSomerset Care Recruitment Team
Very good job for job satisfaction helping the elderly with day to day life. Only issue is the hours are not guaranteed. Must say care work is not for everyone but i have enjoyed helping people.
Dont even bother. They will take and take and take and give nothing in return. Worst company to work for, I should have listened to everyone telling me not to work for them
This company is lovely to work for and the service users are lovely. Very supportive company. We would receive our rotas before each week of work, so we could prepare ourselves on where we needed to go and so on. I mostly worked on my own with a few double ups occasionally. Working in the warminster area you would go from house to house providing care to elderly and vulnerable adults. The hardest part of this job are the unsocial hours which you have to work, but the service users and the colleagues make up for that.
Pros
Free training
Cons
Very Long Hours
A typical day is sadly not typical. Changes to ones timetable are far too frequent and often at very short notice. I have learned how many people require assistance. Management are ineffectual. Co-workers are excellent and hard working and very positive. The hardest part of the job is the poor pay, the dreadful hours and the lack of support from management. The most enjoyable part of the job, is being able to make a difference to a clients day.
Pros
Sadly none
Cons
Hours, poor pay and the utter frustration and a feeling of no support or appreciation from management.
I like my job, its not always about what we do in the community, for me its the people I care for that make it Co workers are good, management are trying to work in a difficult situation, with admin changes, short staffed etc...
When starting out in care I didn't know what to expect it was a completely different challenge. However I enjoyed it at the most part. Working in the local area I would attend peoples houses who needed care. This would range from personal care to domestic visits to going shopping. What I enjoyed most was the reskilling of individuals so they were able to live without any care. Working in a small team within the community is something I really enjoyed and quickly became a important part of the team, someone who co-workers could turn to when they needed advice.
I am here to help and support people, to get them maintain independence in there own home. But I struggled to do this with all the pressures put on me! Long hours, no brake and NO TRAVEL TIME! I seem to have only 5 mins travel to drive 10 miles. I had no support from management what so ever. If you told your manager in confidence. Meaning it is confidential it was spread like wiled fire! They treat there clients unfairly. They do not give them notice if there call has changed. The clients also don't even have a clue. Who is going to be there and if there even going to have a call..... This why I left. Clients customers deserve more than that.. They deserve respect...
Pros
Cons
Loads