SOMERSET CARE
Happiness score is 50 out of 100

SOMERSET CARE Employee Reviews for Community Care Worker

I would have stayed, except getting holiday was almost impossible. I enjoyed driving around and having the opportunity to make a difference in my own way. I wish they would sort out their management. The training was good.
Pros
I was a "real" job.
Cons
2 shifts in one day, far too long. Getting holiday booked was a nightmare.
Management was appalling and not responsive to your needs. Would make you work ridiculous hours then reprimand you for taking time off due to being overworked and physically and mentally exhausted. Did not ask what they could do to help but instead just go straight to dismissal. Most of the co workers are lovely but some get away with anything and talk to you with no respect. Majority of clients are lovely which is the only pro I can think of.
Pros
Clients
Cons
Management, long hours, rubbish pay, no support
I had an easy interview... I've had past experience with care which helped. The induction when I went to get uniform etc was rubbish. My area manager was not there just another one from another area. Who was good but not for my area. He was the other girls manager. But always helpful to me. My area manager has now left.
Lovely clients and a variety of work. However office manager and business manager are very poor. Constant rota changes no travel time. No respect as an employee. Constant phone calls even on day off. Short staffing and low morale within the team. Not a good place to work. Which is sad as the clients and there family’s deserve better. If you can work and be prepared to travel lots then this is the job for you.
Pros
Good wages lots of hours
Cons
Long shifts constant pressure poor management
Official response from SOMERSET CARE
12 November 2018
Thank you for taking the time to send us your feedback. It is important to us. We are sorry to hear that you did not enjoy working for Somerset Care. We are always keen to get feedback in order to continually improve. If you did wish to discuss the concerns raised above, please email: hr@somersetcare.co.uk or call us on 01823 448319
Be carefull what you sign for ask to see the contract first, they like to get you to sign documents in front of them before you have the chance to read and undertstand them, look at what you get paid for mileage as what they pay you is as the crow flies ( that is they pay you per mile in a straight line), you also pay for your clothing which they deduct from your final pay, they pay you for each client not the hours that you sit around waiting and their training is laughable, they give you a next day job sheet which may as well go in the bin, so please I didnt stay very long.
Pros
Most of the clients are lovely
Cons
EVERYTHING except the clients
I did enjoy working in the community but wanted to try somewhere in one place. I got very attached to the people that I supported.