Somerset County Council logo
Somerset County Council

Somerset County Council Employee Reviews for Operations Manager

Nature of the work always stressful but supportive collaborative staff.

The work was high volume, struggling to find answers with limited resources however the staff worked collaboratively to find answers and would go the extra mile to support you.

29 September 2020
Thank you for your review and feedback. We're pleased you enjoyed the supportive and collaborative culture here.

29 September 2020

Working for SCC is better than I expected

I was apprehensive working for a local authority again after over a decade in the third sector. I was worried progress would be slow and collaboration minimal. I have been so pleased to be so wrong. I've seen so much collaboration, innovation and creativity. A complete focus on the best interests of the families we support. I've been in post 6 months now, some really great training opportunities too.

Pros

Flexibility, collaboration, care

Cons

Usual pressures of the sector - but always looking for solutions which is a plus

13 May 2021
Thank-you for your review. We are delighted that you are enjoying your first 6 months and that working for us has surpassed your expectations!

Challenging and stimulating

Working for Somerset County Council is challenging and stimulating, they are a changing and evolving service with a dynamic reputation. There is a culture of reward for hard work. Social Care is difficult but rewarding when the quality of the service can be maintained. The hardest part of the job is assessing those in the greatest need and allocating the services.

Pros

Clear guidelines and expected standards of work

Cons

sometimes long hours

Extremely busy workplace

I am an extremely experienced Highways Manager and working here has certainly put me to the test.

Pros

good company to work for.

Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Somerset County Council. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.2Job security/advancement