Somerset County Council logo
Somerset County Council

Somerset County Council Employee Reviews for Support Associate

An ok stepping stone with some perks

The job I was in I enjoyed, due to financial difficulties I have lost my job through no fault of my own. A lot of people are in the same position as me and it was not communicated well to any of us. People who have been here 30+ years are in the same boat and the council is very top heavy, protecting the higher paid staff and cutting the lower paid ones. I think it is definitely something that needs to be resolved.

Pros

good benefits, flexi time very useful, good colleagues

Cons

Not much progression, waste of money in areas

Official response from Somerset County Council

17 December 2018
Thank you for writing your review, we are glad you benefitted from the flexible working arrangements and great benefits we offer.We’re really sorry to hear you feel you were not properly communicated to. It would be really appreciated if you could provide some more detail on this so we can take forward any improvements, please feel free to email us at recruitment@somerset.gov.uk. Somerset does have big financial pressures at the moment and has some difficult decisions to make; but we do continue to recruit to key posts.

You must give all your heart warm

Its really nice and enjoyable job.Supporting people having Learning Disability at every step and everywhere..from personal care,preparing food and eating,interacting with them at the rest time,talking,joking..going for walk,shopping or to various events..trying to help them to be independent as much as possible.

Good Environment

There was a good work environment, management wasn't the best but i learnt a lot while i was there. Somerset County Council sold off the LD services as before i Left.

good until now

The company provides a good and effective service to the service users we care for on a daily basis in a residential setting. I feel the care of the service users will start to become compromised after Dimensions take over.

A Great Place to Work

A lot of support staff to do a good job. A bit of difficulty for administration to accept that mistakes once are not repeated, if you are aware of them and not to continually treat you as if they are.

Pros

Staff Culture

Cons

Threat of client violence

Good salary but poor management

Enjoyed working with the service users. The staff team are diverse and hard working. Learnt a lot working for this company, but the main flaw is BAD MANAGEMENT. Very poor leadership, clique culture within the higher ups and very bad treatment of staff team.

Pros

Salary, flexible hours

Cons

Poor management team

Unorganised

Working for lifeline has been one of the hardest positions I have ever taken. There was no real structure to the day to day job running or roles, no real staff support and colleagues were only willing to help if you were in there "click". The hours were again shift work and they were not planned well at all. I could work 7-3 6-10 all in the same area.

Cons

Unorganised, Long hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Somerset County Council. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.2Job security/advancement