Somerset NHS Foundation Trust

Somerset NHS Foundation Trust Employee Reviews

United Kingdom52 reviews

staffteamgoodenjoyworkinghourhardplace

Pay doesn’t reflect job roles

Great sense of team work ,hours suit life/work balance. Management very supportive and encouraging. Chances to try other roles within the trust are often available

Undervalued and underpaid

Everyone loves the NHS but something needs to change if they want to retain a work force. There are too many managers who have all done the same training. People work until they burnout and are treated like just a replaceable number.People on lower grades are expected to work at a higher level without reevaluation.

Insights into Somerset NHS Foundation Trust

What people like
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
  • Supportive environment
Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Energising work tasks

some what enjoyable

interesting and enjoyable sadly let down by management and was left in an untenable situation . some staff in our small work group were a pleasure to work with , management very poor

Not a good trust to work for.

I wouldn't work for this trust again if I could help it. I worked in a drs surgery, run by the trust.Management rude and sarcastic. No money given for important things needed. Very old-fashioned. Treated badly by other 'higher up' members of staff. Pay is ok for around here but could be better for the job as it's extremely stressful and pressurised. Expected to do any overtime asked of you at the drop of the hat.

Pros

People you work with

Cons

Lots

Overall good company but pay could be better

Overall good company to work for, pay could be better. Sometime feels as if you are expected to work above your pay grade. Also not always much in the way of progression.

Pros

Annual leave is great

Cons

Salary could be slightly better

Incredibly stressful with no support from management

The actual job was varied and interesting but very short staffed and no help or support from management. They do not and will not help with people who are not doing their job properly, and you suffer because of this. Not good for your mental or physical health and well-being.

Pros

Working with nice Consultants and Nurses

Cons

Management do not support you. HR are the same.

Used to have a great working atmosphere

Since new line manager has been in place they do not have the apathy or empathy for the role and treat hard working long-term staff with total disregard

Cons

Bad management

Employee Friendly

It's a nice place to work in with great staff treatment tho it could be stressful at times but the team are really helpful. It has long hours of work which makes it tiring at times

Pros

Paid breaks

Friendly

Welcoming and friendly. Very easy to get set up and ready to work. Helpful induction and great training and great promotion of work life balance, a great team.

Sometimes a bit negative

Good company to work for,get to meet CEO from time to time, job satisfaction, good pace to work at but can sometimes be a bit hectic when your working on your own when there is usally two,but ha-ho,still a good job and company, good olď NHS !!

Pros

Free uniform and footwear

Cons

sometimes fast pace

Best job to work around family

Bank is the best to work for you pick and choose your hours. Always shifts Pay is good Staff on all wards are lovely And get to go all different places around the hospital and learn different things Great job for someone with family commitments.

Jobs for the boys

Jobs for the boys, if your face fits you get positions you want pay you want you can have leave without it being taken off your annual leave entitlement

supportive with in the team

flexi time working allowed for work/life balance to be better than many jobs allow. Upper management didn't appear to care about the affect of their decisions on the lives of the people working very hard every day for their benefit and they don't give much in the way of notice however within the team the staff are supportive, informative and helpful and would deal with the stress by eating biscuits and laughing. Over all very good place to work and i shall miss it when my fixed term contract comes to an end.

productive

friendly and supportive workplace, i am enjoying work here.management and colleagues are very friendly therefore it is always a pleasure to come to work everyday

Poor trading and lack of work

Very poor management and training. No work came my way either. Atmosphere in office very poor. Most but not all friendly just kept the work to themselves for fear of not looking busy.

24 September 2019
We are very sorry to hear that you did not have a positive experience whilst working for the Trust.We do not tolerate these kind of behaviours as they do not fit in with our values. Please give us a call on 01823 342220 so we can discuss this with you further and take action to prevent these behaviours.Many ThanksSomerset Partnership NHS Foundation Trust

Very supportive staff

Plenty of training available, helpful and supportive staff. Management have been very helpful and supportive. Parking an issue as with everywhere. Not free as implied.

24 September 2019
Thak you for taking the time to write a review - we are glad you had a positive experience of working for the TrustMany ThanksTaunton & Somerset NHS Foundation Trust

Supportive and helpful staff

During my time with this company I was supported by other team members. I was taken on as bank staff but quickly secured a full time permanent position.

28 August 2019
Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a review. We are glad you had a good experience of working for us.

Good place to work and good culture

I enjoyed working there, meeting new people from families and talking to them. The hours were good and I liked the shift work. The management were good.

Pros

I liked working with many different people.

Cons

I was not treated well by one of the foreman.

4 July 2019
Thank you for taking the time to give us your positive feedback.We are glad that you enjoyed your time working with us.

my first worn in the Uk

I was delighted to work for over 1 year and 8 months. Unfortunately, I 've moved to Wales so I've resigned. This trust has a strong vision of caring and integration with the territory. staff are supportive and enthusiastic. In my opinion, if I was a patient I would certainly feel safe in that hospital.

30 May 2019
Thank for your kind review.We are glad that you enjoyed your time working at the Hospital.

Run like the Plague!

The actual job was, good, the job culture for cleaners/housekeepers, abissmal bunch of brown nosing hens they were, one cockerel prancing about like lord of the manor, don’t bend over in the broom cupboards girls. Bullies all of them were, nasty to clients, all the time, nurses and most HCAs were okay.

Pros

Free lunches

Cons

No compassion, patronising

9 April 2019
Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. We do not tolerate these kind of behaviours as they do not fit in with our values, if you would like to discuss your concerns further please get in touch with our HR Department on 01823 342220 so we can discuss this with you and take action to prevent these behaviours.

Buen trabajo unido a facilidades ades laborales y economicas

Trabajo satisfactorio, con facilidad para aprender idiomas y formacion

Pros

Formación general

Cons

Disponibilidad

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Somerset NHS Foundation Trust. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.6 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare Somerset NHS Foundation Trust with

Learn about Somerset NHS Foundation Trust in popular locations

• Somerset NHS Foundation Trust
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?