Somerset NHS Foundation Trust

Somerset NHS Foundation Trust Employee Reviews

Overall good company to work for, pay could be better. Sometime feels as if you are expected to work above your pay grade. Also not always much in the way of progression.
Pros
Annual leave is great
Cons
Salary could be slightly better
I wouldn't work for this trust again if I could help it. I worked in a drs surgery, run by the trust.Management rude and sarcastic. No money given for important things needed. Very old-fashioned. Treated badly by other 'higher up' members of staff. Pay is ok for around here but could be better for the job as it's extremely stressful and pressurised. Expected to do any overtime asked of you at the drop of the hat.
Pros
People you work with
Cons
Lots
The actual job was varied and interesting but very short staffed and no help or support from management. They do not and will not help with people who are not doing their job properly, and you suffer because of this. Not good for your mental or physical health and well-being.
Pros
Working with nice Consultants and Nurses
Cons
Management do not support you. HR are the same.
Since new line manager has been in place they do not have the apathy or empathy for the role and treat hard working long-term staff with total disregard
Cons
Bad management
It's a nice place to work in with great staff treatment tho it could be stressful at times but the team are really helpful. It has long hours of work which makes it tiring at times
Pros
Paid breaks
Cons
Welcoming and friendly. Very easy to get set up and ready to work. Helpful induction and great training and great promotion of work life balance, a great team.
Good company to work for,get to meet CEO from time to time, job satisfaction, good pace to work at but can sometimes be a bit hectic when your working on your own when there is usally two,but ha-ho,still a good job and company, good olÄŹ NHS !!
Pros
Free uniform and footwear
Cons
sometimes fast pace
Bank is the best to work for you pick and choose your hours. Always shifts Pay is good Staff on all wards are lovely And get to go all different places around the hospital and learn different things Great job for someone with family commitments.
Jobs for the boys, if your face fits you get positions you want pay you want you can have leave without it being taken off your annual leave entitlement
flexi time working allowed for work/life balance to be better than many jobs allow. Upper management didn't appear to care about the affect of their decisions on the lives of the people working very hard every day for their benefit and they don't give much in the way of notice however within the team the staff are supportive, informative and helpful and would deal with the stress by eating biscuits and laughing. Over all very good place to work and i shall miss it when my fixed term contract comes to an end.
friendly and supportive workplace, i am enjoying work here.management and colleagues are very friendly therefore it is always a pleasure to come to work everyday
Very poor management and training. No work came my way either. Atmosphere in office very poor. Most but not all friendly just kept the work to themselves for fear of not looking busy.
24 September 2019
We are very sorry to hear that you did not have a positive experience whilst working for the Trust.We do not tolerate these kind of behaviours as they do not fit in with our values. Please give us a call on 01823 342220 so we can discuss this with you further and take action to prevent these behaviours.Many ThanksSomerset Partnership NHS Foundation Trust
Plenty of training available, helpful and supportive staff. Management have been very helpful and supportive. Parking an issue as with everywhere. Not free as implied.
24 September 2019
Thak you for taking the time to write a review - we are glad you had a positive experience of working for the TrustMany ThanksTaunton & Somerset NHS Foundation Trust
During my time with this company I was supported by other team members. I was taken on as bank staff but quickly secured a full time permanent position.
28 August 2019
Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a review. We are glad you had a good experience of working for us.
I enjoyed working there, meeting new people from families and talking to them. The hours were good and I liked the shift work. The management were good.
Pros
I liked working with many different people.
Cons
I was not treated well by one of the foreman.
4 July 2019
Thank you for taking the time to give us your positive feedback.We are glad that you enjoyed your time working with us.
I was delighted to work for over 1 year and 8 months. Unfortunately, I 've moved to Wales so I've resigned. This trust has a strong vision of caring and integration with the territory. staff are supportive and enthusiastic. In my opinion, if I was a patient I would certainly feel safe in that hospital.
30 May 2019
Thank for your kind review.We are glad that you enjoyed your time working at the Hospital.
The actual job was, good, the job culture for cleaners/housekeepers, abissmal bunch of brown nosing hens they were, one cockerel prancing about like lord of the manor, don’t bend over in the broom cupboards girls. Bullies all of them were, nasty to clients, all the time, nurses and most HCAs were okay.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
No compassion, patronising
9 April 2019
Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. We do not tolerate these kind of behaviours as they do not fit in with our values, if you would like to discuss your concerns further please get in touch with our HR Department on 01823 342220 so we can discuss this with you and take action to prevent these behaviours.
Trabajo satisfactorio, con facilidad para aprender idiomas y formacion
Pros
FormaciĂłn general
Cons
Disponibilidad
After working in the A&E department for 3 years I went of to have a baby, was promised flexibility. This wasn’t the case upon returning I was told no set shifts. If your face doesn’t fit, neither do you. Bullied by management that left to unfair dismissal. Tried to appeal but the woman who dealt with it was the managers best mate, so no hope. Wouldn’t recommend working, they don’t care about their staff.
Pros
Cons
Everything, including a manager who doesn’t know how to run a department
19 February 2019
We are sorry to hear you did not have a positive experience while working at the Trust. We don’t have an A&E Department at Somerset Partnership. However, we work closely with Taunton and Somerset NHS Foundation Trust who run the A&E Department at Musgrove Park Hospital.We do not tolerate these kind of behaviours as they do not fit in with our values, please get in touch with our HR Department on 01823 342220 so we can discuss this with you and take action to prevent these behaviours.
Work with the dispositions of high availability and physical fitness. Working in a place like a hospital, I learned dypolomacy and good organization of work. I had the opportunity to observe various professions.
Pros
getting a quick experience
Cons
Horrible place to work people are NOT nice and stab you in the back trust no one. Especially in outpatients and booking centre people are VERY two faced and nasty I worked there for 9 years NEVER AGAIN
Cons
Management are horrible and useless
12 February 2019
Apologies that we are only just picking this up and we are very sorry to hear that you did not have a positive experience whilst working for the Trust.We do not tolerate these kind of behaviours as they do not fit in with our values. Please give us a call on 01823 342220 so we can discuss this with you further and take action to prevent these behaviours.Many ThanksTaunton & Somerset NHS Foundation Trust