Sonder logo

Agent1 review
London1 review

Found 1 review matching the searchSee all 34 reviews

I Enjoyed It

The nature of this job is varied. You have to think with your feet as well as with your head. Numerous buildings are spread across London that you need to take care of; that is: doing maintenance, reporting, checking guests in/out, offering guidance, among others. You're technically like a fake landlord (in a good way of course), meaning that good decision-making and initiative skills are essential. You're in control, in charge and responsible. With this in mind, anything can happen. If an issue arises, you will need to organise yourself to prioritise tasks accordingly and be prepared to meet contractors if needed. Timekeeping is key for that. Management is overall very supportive in comparison to previous jobs. Especially one of the team leads. To be honest, if it was't for her, I wouldn't have probably enjoyed this job as much. Management also guide and facilitate you through your tasks and new staff practices are being placed. However. Working outdoors in all weather conditions, often carrying light/heavy stuff, can get you sick or have an accident. When this happened to me, I would ask for unpaid time off but they kept on putting excuses. Frequently, I had to debate over my wellness, sometimes for hours until they finally accepted my request. On occasions, I wouldn't even tell them just to avoid this situation. I once ended up buying an ankle support for my left foot as normal walking was a pain. Despite this, I would still very much recommend this job to anyone really; it's not hard as long as you're determined. You will learn all the aspects eventually. -

Jobs at Sonder