Sonder

Sonder Work-life balance reviews

The mission is admirable. As with many startup there is a lack of clear priorities, business processes, and success metrics. Good overall culture and some really smart people.
No sé preocupa por sus empleados, exigen demasiado, no dan la información de forma oportuna, usan todo a su propia conveniencia,
Pros
Ninguna
Cons
Cero estabilidad laboral
Been here more than 2 years and loved it so far. Very much a tech startup feel. Very fast-paced. High, high bar for talent. Fun work environment but can be a poor work/life balance for salaried folks. Has gone from pretty chaotic to more stable over the past 2 years. City markets are operations-heavy places. Could do with more traditional hospitality expertise across the company. Sonder is thriving incredibly well for the covid crisis--seems well-poised to survive.
Pros
Culture, travel perks
Cons
Pay or work/life balance for some roles
Empresa con gran crecimiento a futuro y con personal capacitado para realizar proyectos de ingenierĂ­a ( mantenimiento y automatizaciĂłn)
Pros
Aprendizaje continuo
Cons
Poco crecimiento dentro de empresa ( subir de puesto)
High level of pressure and work hours, not enough people who understand the industry, good people culture but a lot of frustration and burnout. A lot of time feels like you are working a lot of hours without making an impact. Changes happen quickly but aren't well thought out.
When I first started working there back in June 2019, the job seemed way too good to be true. Unfortunately, I didn’t fully learn that until I decided to put in my two weeks in. The job culture, meaning the environment, was extremely open. Each employee has an open cubicle with an automatic standing desk (controls to adjust the height) & are sat inches away from another employee. This seems like a cool thought at first, right? Yes and no. Cool thought, but when it comes to pick-up an inbound/outbound call(s), it's SO loud and hard to concentrate. -I had shared my concerns about this with my manager, and was immediately shut-down. I was told that no one else had concerns, so just deal with it. As for management, each one of them is all over the place and continue to blame the company saying the phrase of "well we don't have that put in place or we can't do that since we're a startup company." -Yes they are a startup company; however, they are 5 years old. -It was difficult to understand why things had to be done that way & why we couldn't think of a better way to go about the job. Let's talk about schedules: -I began in June 2019, they offered/promised that we could work any hours, receive overtime everyday if we like, and take either a 30min / 1hr lunch (paid). -The above practice ^ stopped in late July 2019. I'm guessing it's due to hiring over 25-40 people in less than 3 weeks time. -Your schedule seems to be locked into place until 6 months in; at least this is what I was told several times. My schedule was as follows, Friday - Tuesday from 11AM - 7PM. - more...