Sopra Steria

Sopra Steria Employee Reviews

Each day is your working day, no work is carried over the next day. Only 4 staff inc a team leader. The job can be monotonous but you meet all different types of people from various walks of life.
Pros
Small office with just 4 staff
Cons
Mix with other companies in the building
-Not a good place to work as the comapny seems to be at the mercy of the clients. Also here is no support for new intake -You are thrown in the middle of teh deep blue sea without any support -No team spirit
Enjoyed my very hectic role in Sopra Steria Initially employed as Bid director on large Public Sector bids Very strong team but poor senior provision of support and resources
Pros
Good package
Cons
Lack of senior support
The role was very standard and basic and very different to how it is now. Sopria Steria had an account with a telecommunications company to do their payroll and expenses. I dealt with expenses daily and it wasn't very complicated and very standard for an entry level role. I enjoyed my time there and met some great people. This role was perfect for a temp which I was.
Pros
Location, casual Friday etc
Cons
Not much around for food or to do something at lunch
Overall, Sopra Steria is good place to work. The culture is supportive and collaborative. There are opportunities to develop new skills through training.
Lack of direction and leadership from Senior Management and above! Resulting in an often fractured workforce across multiple divisions. Relatively good work life balance.
Would not recommend to anyone. It fails in many respects; for example, the managers have no regard for their employees and there is a lack of progress review, meaning you are always in limbo with whether what you're doing is correct.
Many of the people at Sopra Steria were excellent but the company had little to no strategy within the BPS area and were not aligned as a management team. The hardest part of the job was dealing with the lack of strategy and alignment and the most enjoyable was the people especially the members of my personal team.
High calibre resource often sold short by inadequate short sighted management. I saw many of the best people that I worked with become frustrated and disillusioned, but then go on to better things once they'd left the organisation.
There is no cohesion between the management team and a lack of energy in wanting to fix this. Wonderful colleagues and generally a supportive a caring culture,
Sopra steria very good company to work for, look after there staff really well and flexible benefits really good! Would definitely recommend sopra steria!
While I met some smart people, there were people in the management who tried to push broken approaches just because they have been doing the same thing for 35 years.
Cons
Lots of travel required, many projects are far away
I initially enjoyed working with SSCL but after the first week or two that changed. I was given no formal training, I was just buddied up with another process assistant who was very good but then I was expected to do the job flawlessly and given no support when things got on top of me. Management seem to flap about like headless chickens and appear to literally have gotten their positions because they lack the experience to command a higher salary so it's a prime example of "you get what you pay for." One ops manager in particular delights on intimidating all staff and rudely ignores you when you say hi, unless of course you are one of their favourites. For your own safety, do not get caught talking to your colleagues or you'll be accused of not doing your work or be given even more to do and then chastised for not completing it. Before I started working for them I read reviews and really thought all the negatives were from disgruntled former employees but now I've seen it for myself I can honestly say it is by far the worst organisation I have worked for, actually you can't really use the word organisation because there is none
Pros
None that I can think of if I am being honest
Cons
No formal training, Management are clueless, Constantly threatened with your job Treated like a child or school student, Do not talk to your workmates or you'll be hounded and given even more work
A typical day involves getting into work at 08:15 and carrying out morning network checks to ensure everything is functioning as expected. You are then monitoring the queues for any incidents which the client has raised or you could find yourself working on project tasks.
Pros
Proxity to home - commute is short.
Cons
Pay.
Like working at DSTL was a fun role and wish I was still there but chose to move on into private sector recommend the employer to any new recruits Also fair at what they do to treat staff fairly
Role was mis-advertised, ‘culture’ was oppressive, struggled to find anyone who had good experiences. Working with some very interesting software/hardware, but very little scope for working cross ‘tower’.
I enjoyed my time at sopra steria. My only criticism is that the management in the department I worked was unhelpful and lazy. No support if it was needed
No room for progression, constant cost cutting. Pay freeze. Unhappy staff. No training. Lack of knowledgeable managers. Many systems and software to learn. So good for learning.
Ok company to work for, good opportunity to learn more about visa immigration. Agents are helpful and useful to be working alongside on a daily basis.
Great place to work, pay rises difficult to achieve making it not long term place to stay. Great facilities and great environment to learn new skills off other experienced consultants.
Worked for Steria for a couple of months, got the impression there was lots going on above my level which means that other contracted workers were often left wondering what they were supposed to be doing. Mix of people who are ambitious, or not ambitious at all. Was hard to get solid answers from people, and harder to get things enacted.
  1. Employee reviews