Sopra Steria
Happiness score is 57 out of 100

Sopra Steria Employee Reviews

United Kingdom144 reviews

Great Place to work

A consultancy that is really focused on its people and its clients. Sopra has made people and the outcomes that they deliver a golden thread that determines everything they do.

Pros

Competitive Benefits Package, Great Company Culture, Collaborative Working Practice

Cons

Can be Cliquey

Varied workplace

Work was easy to carry out. The role provided a variety of jobs throughout the day so you never got bored. Unfortunately the bosses were bad unless you caught them having a good day, otherwise you were told off for talking and blamed for things that weren't your fault. No job security as it's seasonal, they let you go and then bring you back at the start of the year on lower wages to when you left. Most employees were great to work with though and the job was enjoyable. Just the culture and bosses that ruined the experience.

Insights into Sopra Steria

What people like
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Clear sense of purpose
Areas for improvement
  • Energising work tasks
  • Support from manager
  • General feeling of work happiness

Awful place to work

If you want to come to a place of work where you get spoken to like you are a small absent minded child or treated as if you are nothing then this is the place for you.

Pros

Non

Terrible place to work

I worked as a processing assistant in the Croydon branch. This meant I had to act as a middle man between the applicants and the Home office. I spent my days dealing with different applicants assisting them with there applications for visas. The management were poor disrespectful and bullies. A very crude environment to work in Beware.

Not a happy place

If you want somewhere where your experience and skills are valued then this role isn't for you. Do not show initiative or know too much. You will not be appreciated for it. There is no room for progression based on skills, professionalism or on how well you do your job nor does it pay well. The team leaders do not display any of the company's core values.

Pros

Nice office

Cons

No leaders, only dictators

productive and fun working

There is a lively team, along with a fun manager. The company as a whole have fantastic benefits and opportunities to explore. Overtime when available and fantastic perks

Negative working environment with inept management.

Job Ad, Interview and JD didn't accurately reflect the role I was hired for. Minimum salary offered. Management out of touch and have little interest unless something goes wrong.

Pros

Long list of purchasable benefits

Cons

Unrealistic expectations placed on staff by management / management out of touch

Rubbish waste of time

I am glad to have the left the company where there is nepotism so far back and people who can't do their job. I would never recommend anyone to work there.

Awful management

Management is awful and certainly do not care about prioritising and promoting internal talent which is the opposite of how they advertise themselves. After almost two and a half years of nothing but loyalty and dedication to the role from my side, we have not been even made aware they were looking for a team leader so progression for me or my colleague was completely out of the window. After I expressed my dissatisfaction about that, the tables have turned and I was blamed for not informing management that I was interested in progression (!)

It’s an ok place to work,

Fast paced environment a new challenge everyday. The only downside is the pay, you are not payed enough. Great people to work with and you meet some great people on a day to day basis.

I had no issues with this job, it was easy, fast paced but relaxed. Both management and employees were amazing to work with, helpful and fun. I miss working here, I only left because I was promised a full time, higher paid job else where but that didn’t work out. Regrets leaving Sopra Steria This is a genuine review. I really enjoyed this job

Pros

Easy job

Cons

None I can think of

extremely stressful working conditions

Very stressful, low paid, pressured job. This is not a 9-5.30 job as they advertise.You only have 30 minutes to process each Visa application. All good if they have their documents in order, you might catch a breather before the next appointment slot, Not so good when its a bigger application which needs about 50-80 mins to process all their docs. So then you are running behind time and trying to play catch-up so you don`t have to work through your lunch break and the next appointment is already sat waiting for you. They can not retain staff, 20+ have left in a year, so you are always training new staff whilst doing the job live yourself. Also when someone leaves, it takes 5-8 weeks to get a replacement, so you are working under-staffed before the headcount is back to a good level.You have to process all appointments for that day, so staying after your shift is the norm. You do get paid for the hours worked, not at an overtime rate though, but you`d best make sure you work a full 15 mins as it wont get rounded up if its only 10 mins you worked. On the rare occasion you might all get finished 15 mins before lunch, you do get sent for lunch early, but at the end of the week you will be docked that 15 mins you had extra!Be aware they try to get you to do mandatory training in your own time, just say no!You are definitely not paid enough for the high level of work required. you can earn more working in a shop or factory!

Pros

you do feel like you are making a great difference to the lives of most of the applicants

Cons

Never fully staffed, low paid for the experience needed for the job role, being micro-managed & treated like a child at times.

A learning experience and challenge every day

Encourages you to achieve what you want to achieve and more. Large variety of commercial and government sector work with many customers provided endless new daily challenges and problems to solve. Hardest part was keeping up with the technology changes.

Pros

allowing work at home

Cons

travel to Hemel

Awful place to work

Really poor company to work for , constant miscommunication between agency and company I was employed with . Missed holiday pays on bank holidays etc and pay rates were frequently wrong . People let go before contract was due to end .Constantly chasing pay

Pros

Pay

Cons

Short breaks

Consistant daily work

Each day is your working day, no work is carried over the next day. Only 4 staff inc a team leader. The job can be monotonous but you meet all different types of people from various walks of life.

Pros

Small office with just 4 staff

Cons

Mix with other companies in the building

No support system

-Not a good place to work as the comapny seems to be at the mercy of the clients. Also here is no support for new intake -You are thrown in the middle of teh deep blue sea without any support -No team spirit

Good employer.

Enjoyed my very hectic role in Sopra Steria Initially employed as Bid director on large Public Sector bids Very strong team but poor senior provision of support and resources

Pros

Good package

Cons

Lack of senior support

Job through a temping agency

The role was very standard and basic and very different to how it is now. Sopria Steria had an account with a telecommunications company to do their payroll and expenses. I dealt with expenses daily and it wasn't very complicated and very standard for an entry level role. I enjoyed my time there and met some great people. This role was perfect for a temp which I was.

Pros

Location, casual Friday etc

Cons

Not much around for food or to do something at lunch

Supportive and collaborative workplace

Overall, Sopra Steria is good place to work. The culture is supportive and collaborative. There are opportunities to develop new skills through training.

Leadership

Lack of direction and leadership from Senior Management and above! Resulting in an often fractured workforce across multiple divisions. Relatively good work life balance.

Sopra

overall a great company and great work life balance. Easy going and relaxed environment with ability to work from home where and necessary. You can be your own boss You

Pros

Work life balance

Cons

Pay average

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sopra Steria. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.2 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement