South East Water

South East Water Employee Reviews

Great company to work for. Excellent opportunities to progress Great pay and benefits Management and team leaders in my department are always willing to listen to new ideas and will give credit where it’s due
Pros
Sick pay and generous annual leave
Cons
Working outside in bad weather
6 July 2020
Thank you for your positive review. We are pleased to hear that you enjoy working for South East Water. We truly wish you continue to enjoy your role as a Leakage Technician.
Worked at SE Water on a Maternity cover for 9 months and loved it. HR team was great - friendly, busy and professional but also had some time for a bit of banter. Sociable bunch and felt part of the team and company, even though I was only temporary. Would recommend working here.
Pros
Friendly, professional, felt respected from staff and management, flexible working was considered
Cons
Parking - had to park in an off-site car park but only added another 5-10 minutes on to the commute
This company is only good as a stop gap between positions. They have unreachable targets and unachievable expectations. Would not recommend this job!!
6 July 2020
Thank you for your comments, sorry to hear the job did not fulfill your expectation. Wishing you well for the future.
Whilst I was able to progress with this company to a successful level of department management, the journey was unnecessarily lengthy and could be very stressful. The company preferred to have 'yes people', as opposed to people who are willing to speak their mind in a bid to improve processes and procedures; it was very much a case of who you knew, not what you knew. The workplace culture was non-inclusive and the people were quite set in their groups of personnel. Teams were not collaborative and were unwilling to assist with inter-departmental working. Progression took some time, despite an employee's best efforts. The support services teams, particularly IT and HR departments were less than supportive and rarely took a hands-on approach until an issue became too large a problem to enable day to day running. Procedures and policies were not upheld consistently across the board and there was a high level of underlying prejudice and bullying from higher level management.
6 July 2020
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. While I’m sorry you didn’t have a good experience working with us, we do appreciate your personal feedback. I'm sorry that you felt progression within South East Water was slow, we do encourage internal movement within the company to allow employees to progress and all employees who have passed their probation period are able to apply for other vacancies within the company. We do find a lot of our call centre employees go to work in other areas of the business. Our performance management tool allows for conversations between employees and managers to discuss future development and identify if employees want to progress within South East Water.The Human Resource team do work alongside managers to ensure procedures and policies are applied consistently. Unfortunately without any additional information on your personal experience I am unable elaborate further, other than to confirm that we do have policies in place to manage and support individuals. We do take complaints regarding bullying very seriously and it is not tolerated. Kind regards,HR Team
People are great and benefits and support are good. Very fast paced but fun. Communication from senior management needs to improve in order to boost morale
6 July 2020
Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review, we appreciate your honest feedback and we wish you all the best in your role at South East Water.
I have enjoyed working at sew and creating a number 1 team and coaching my team to teach outstanding results , doing 121 rtw the job role was very full feeling
7 July 2020
Thank you for your review. Its great to hear how much you enjoyed working for the company and we wish you well for the future.
They keep changing the goalposts and most people are doing two peoples jobs . Very cliquy if your face don’t fit or you or not related to someone there it’s not s good
Pros
Hours
Cons
Always being put down never good for enough
7 July 2020
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. While I’m sorry you didn’t have a good experience working with us, we do appreciate your personal feedback. We do encourage employees to speak with their line managers if there are any concerns and escalate if need be. The company has clear guidelines and procedures in place and will address any concerns accordingly. Without honest feedback, we are unable to address any concerns or issues. We wish you well in your future endeavours.
A typical day is assessing incoming work, ensuring teams are working well together and identifying improvements. The culture is upbeat with an open door policy. The hardest part is juggling work streams and ensuring that customers receivea consistent high standard of service on every call. Continuous improvement is key to the company and everyone is encouraged to bring forward new ideas.
Pros
Free drinks, Staff benefits
Cons
Office environment
Never a dull moment, the most enjoyable part of my work is making daily decisions that have a direct impact on customers supplies. Would recommend the water industry to those who enjoy reactive type work where every day is different
Pros
Vital role
Cons
Current reward system is poor, no bonus etc.
A typical day at work includes reading and responding to emails, taking calls from our customers and helping to resolve water supply issues on the phone. I attend team briefings and have regular 1-2-1s with my line manager. I thoroughly enjoy working within the Customer Services department at South East Water, the atmosphere is fun and enjoyable. There are good social events, we've recently had an away day and there are regular charity events. The Company is caring and offer many opportunities for staff, this includes training and development and opportunities to work in other areas of the business. Customer Services is an ideal place to start a career at South East Water.
I have gained a lot of experience from working at South East Water. The majority of people here are friendly and supportive however some of the politics within the company can ruin it.
Pros
Salary and people
Cons
No progression
In the short time I was there I counted 9 colleagues In tears. Nothing you do is ever good enough. The company culture constantly contradicts itself. Micro managed and expected to work like a robot which results in anxiety. Only 1 person left from an intake of 8 people In 5 months. Nobody stays here for long unless your face fits. They do not value experience or give people adequate time to learn their role. The daily criticism bashes all confidence, you begin to doubt your own self worth. Senior customer service agents bully, humiliate and patronise. No where to turn, totally unsupported. Culture of fear.
Pros
Cons
Most demeaning place, lack of support just critised and micro managed.
Delivering stores from main depot to all other depots. Working on burst mains out of hours. Empty sludge pits and burst mains with water tanker. Very enjoyable and rewarding job.
Pros
Free uniform and meals on burst main jobs
Cons
This was a challenging roll with lots of benefits involved. staff were friendly and we always worked as a team to get things done.# The most important part of the job was the customer satisfaction I got.
Friendly place to work. Good work/life balance. Pay and prospects were poor. Management ignored staff concerns. More words to fill the space required so I can get to the next page.
As above, fast paced customer contact centre dealing with customer enquiries primarily over the phone, email, letter and on request, face to face. Inbound call centre
I was always very busy at South East Water as a technical Advisor. I was a very quick learner & hard worker. I had to start work early and finish late as I was apart of the ooh team. My first manager was excellent but he retired and things changed. I adapted to the change. We had to sometimes work with out taking lunch or a break as there was only 2 to 4 of us on dealing with over a million customers.
The team are lovely and helpful. The supervisor guaranteed me a year contract after my temporary contract was completed, however they were only able to secure me three months and waited until the week prior to the completion of my temporary contract to inform me of this.
South East Waters are a good company to work for. They are very employee focused, and will do anything to help you make sure you get a good work/life balance. Staff are great all work well together.
Pros
enjoyable place to work.
Cons
no room to progress
I learned a lot about going the extra mile for customers. The hardest part of the job is liaising with engineers but the most enjoyable part is the successes when you have really worked together with a customer and your team to find a resolution to a complaint
South east water are a good company to work for. They respect there staff. They are investors in people and give good benefits to all staff.
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
  1. Employee reviews