South West Wildlife Fundraising Ltd (SWWFL)

Working at South West Wildlife Fundraising Ltd (SWWFL): 15 South West Wildlife Fundraising Ltd (SWWFL) Reviews

United Kingdom15 reviews

Sense of purpose, rewarding, flexibility

I would recommend thejob of a Membership Recruiter to anyone who likes people and is passionate about conservation. Very well run company with lots of support when needed.

9 June 2022
Thank you for the recommendation! We also hope anyone who is a 'people person' and passionate about conservation will find this role very rewarding.

Great cause, short hours, very good pay

Wonderful team across the board, very supportive and kind. The role can sometimes be tiresome given the nature of membership recruitment, however it’s always comforting to know that you’re doing a good thing every day to help support and protect nature in your county. It’s also a great way to expand your knowledge on both terrestrial and marine conversation.

Pros

The salary is mainly performance based, so it’s all on you

Cons

The role requires working predominantly weekends

26 May 2022
Thank you for sharing your experience, and you really doing a brilliant thing every day helping to save wild spaces where you live.

Insights into South West Wildlife Fundraising Ltd (SWWFL)

What people like
  • Sense of belonging
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Trust in colleagues

Rewarding job

I work for SWWFL in Worcestershire. My role is to have conversations with people about the charity Worcestershire Wildlife Trust, with the end goal of encouraging them up to become members of the Trust.The best part of this is that the Wildlife Trust is such a great charity It's a privilege to find them new members.You don't need to know a lot about wildlife to do the job, but can help. It's easy to learn as you go, and you get plenty of resources to do this. The biggest skill you need is to be friendly and willing to engage people in conversation.I get to work in a different place every day using my own car and get reasonable travel expenses. Travel time can vary from 5 minutes to an hour and the working day is generally short compared to most other jobs.Mostly I work on my own, but occasionally with a colleague. What's great is that there's always another recruiter or a manager on the end of the phone for advice or a chat about how the day is going. We generally have a good laugh and the management are supportive and encouraging, always trying to get the best out of us.

Pros

Meeting lots of interesting people.

Cons

Occasionally coping with poor weather.

26 May 2022
Thank you for your review and sharing helpful details - so great to read how proud you are to represent Worcestershire Wildlife Trust. :)

A very rewarding and fun job helping to protect the countryside.

Working for SWWFL is really enjoyable, lots of varied locations and events to work at through the year.I have a great manager to work for, only a phone call away if any help and support is needed, nothing is too much trouble. We've got an excellent team.I love working outdoors and meeting new people every day, i get a high level of personal accomplishment from joining new members and getting the word out about protecting the countryside.I'm especially partial to attending shows and Nature Reserves to work.

26 May 2022
Thank you for your fab review, sharing what you enjoy about the role and how supported you feel. Lovely to pass this on. :)

Enjoy your job and help protect your local environment

Great group of people, approachable management and supportive colleagues. Realistic targets and actionable goals. It feels good to promote participation when you believe in the benefits it will bring. Different venues everyday and the chance to meet lots of interesting people.

Pros

Work life balance

26 May 2022
Fantastic to read this and that you feel the vital work you're doing is achievable and you believe in the benefits of Wildlife Trust membership. :)

Lovely Organisation with Great People

Every day is an adventure at different locations and venues across a diverse and fascinating area meeting and talking to interesting people from all walks of life. During the past few years working with SWWFL I've learned an immense amount from both the brilliant Gwent and Dorset Wildlife Trust teams about the environment and wildlife and also have benefitted from great support and encouragement from the SWWFL management and friendly support staff. Managers have all 'done the job' themselves and most still do so as a result I've found are always ready to give the positive leadership required and ensure you have good training and are properly equipped to be successful. It is a sales job in essence but absolutely not hard selling. It's more about engaging with local people and encouraging them to appreciate the wildlife and environment that surrounds us and help to protect it for the benefit of generations to come. Sometimes not easy and yes, it helps if you like being outdoors but it is a thoroughly rewarding and worthwhile role to undertake.

Pros

Flexible hours, well paid and well supported

Cons

Need to wrap up well when the weather's not so good.

26 May 2022
This is lovely to read and we're so glad you feel supported and find what you do rewarding, as you do such an important, brilliant job to help your local Wildlife Trust.

Recruiter Gloucestershire

I have worked for Southwest Wildlife Fundraising for quite some time. I am a membership Recruiter based in Gloucestershire. My role entails engaging with members of the general public in a relaxed informative way and informing them about all the great work the Wildlife trust does in the county I live in. This is a sales job, but one where you can add real value to the future of wildlife where you live. I earn a good living, work only 6 hours a day and don't get micro managed. Its not often you get to do a job you love and make a difference.

Pros

Great boss, lots of support, meet great people, get a tan and have fun.

Cons

Its cold in the winter.

26 May 2022
Thanks so much for taking the time to share your experience and highlighting the value you bring for wildlife. :)

It’s all about sales

Working outside in all weathers. Have to put heavy weights, gazebo, table etc etc in your car to travel all over the county then erect it, if you do t sell enough memberships at high value they don’t like you. Plus you won’t be there long

12 April 2022
Hi there. We try very hard, through recruitment and training, to help people understand what’s required. We are sorry it didn’t work out for you and hope you are doing something you are now enjoying.

I love my job

I have worked here for 6.5 years and can honestly say, I love my job. It's varied as you work different venues each day and meet so many lovely people along the way!

Pros

Flexible working days

Cons

Can get a little cold in winter

12 April 2022
Thank you for your feedback. Great to hear you love the variety and the people you meet!

Highly supportive company with enthusiastic colleagues. Very rewarding

Management at SWWFL have always made sure that I am fully equipped with both training and kit to go out to various venues confident in my sales ability. Although you operate solo on a typical working day, the team around me have always remained connected and supportive which helps to keep me motivated. This is often the most challenging part of the job, however, as I have mentioned, it is easy to push through times of demotivation due to support from the team. As someone who is new to sales, the prospect of going out in the field independently was originally quite daunting. However, the support I felt, and continue to feel has erased that challenge. I have found the team days incredibly helpful and informative- a personal highlight of the job. There's great communication between SWWFL and the Wildlife Trust which means I'm always up to date with all the latest wildlife-related info. The team days have a huge part to play in this. On these days the wider team, who aren't located in Hampshire, make the effort to travel down to us which further reinforces the feeling of being a valued member of the company. I have learned a great deal in a short space of time about wildlife. I've found this has made the job very rewarding when you are recruiting members. You know exactly where your efforts are being channelled. Overall, my experience at SWWFL has been a highly positive one.

12 April 2022
Thank you for such a thorough review. We are glad that you feel so supported by your team and SWWFL, and that you love the team days! Thank you for your efforts for wildlife. :)

Positive, supportive work culture

Since joining SWWFL I have been struck by the supportive, positive office culture. Coordinating multiple venues and events can have its challenges so it's great to be part of a hardworking team who help each other out, and can enjoy a giggle and a great tea selection! Managers are accessible, approachable and responsive which is hugely helpful when we have queries or are working to deadlines. There is always plenty to focus on which helps to make the time go quickly - much appreciated in a desk-based job. We are kept up-to-date with new developments and it's fulfilling to know that we are helping more people to join their local wildlife trusts, at a time when protecting nature and wildlife is more important than ever.

12 April 2022
Great to read this feedback and that you enjoy working in our head office (and the tea selection!).

Great job

Very happy working for southwest wildlife fundraising Been in the job for roughly a year and I’m not going anywhere, got a great family feel to it and everyone is happy to help everyone else, love it Plus a great feeling when you’re successful in helping your local wildlife

Pros

Friendly atmosphere, Fairly flexible, Good rates of pay if you work hard Great feeling when you’re successful

Cons

Can be rather cold and quiet during winter months

12 April 2022
Thank you. We really do try and create a 'family feel' while we continue to strive to do our utmost to raise support for wildlife. Thank you for your efforts!

A friendly office with a great team and strong management

SWWFL is a friendly, focussed and fast-paced company to work for. Office staff and management are motivated, approachable and hard-working. The office environment itself is a lovely place to be - large tea rounds and cake included! Members of the wider management team are supportive, and additional resource is being added in this financial year to support the management structure. In my role, I have overseen the venues and events operation at SWWFL, line managing a team of Venues Coordinators who book venues and events for our F2F fundraisers (Membership Recruiters). There is a strong team mentality, which is also the case across the organisation as a whole. We have transformed the operational function over the past few years, having introduced a new CRM system, developed further training and implemented new procedures. For me, the hardest part of the job has been to step back from the team's day-to-day workload and manage more strategically. Due to additional resource being added this year, this should improve going forward. I would recommend SWWFL as a fantastic place of work. The company is succeeding and growing quickly, creating a lot of new members to support the incredible work of the Wildlife Trusts. If you're looking for a varied, interesting and fast-paced office role, are friendly, upbeat and motivated, then you will enjoy working in the SWWFL family.

12 April 2022
Thank you for your feedback and fantastic work, and for recommending us!

Hard work in some ways, but extremely rewarding.

I have a great team of people that I work with in Worcestershire Wildlife Trust. Even have a great manager as well, that does help. We need people who have that touch of tenacity when things are quiet and you need to motivate ones self to keep engaging with a sometimes non responsive public, which can lead to one or two lows. But these are always heavily out weighed by the considerable highs this job delivers. If you enjoy speaking with the general public and have a bit of staying power, then please contact us, you wont be disappointed.

Pros

Free lunches when the manager turns up to check on you.

Cons

Some of the venues are not always the best places to promote WLT.

12 April 2022
Really great to read your feedback about your team and manager and account of working as a membership recruiter. Being motivated and tenacious is such an important part of the role and we're delighted that you find it so rewarding. Thank you!

Great company to work for

I really enjoy working for South West Wildlife Fundraising and would definitely recommend the working for them. It's great to be apart of such fantastic charity, working to protect wildlife and reconnect people to nature. SWWFL are very well organised and very good at communication. My manager has been very encouraging and I received great training. If you have good communication skills and have a passion for wildlife you would be very well suited to this job. I meet great people and have explored different areas whilst inspiring people to join as members.

Pros

very rewarding working for a great charity

Cons

Can be cold in winter

12 April 2022
Thank you so much for your recommendation and sharing your positive experience. Good communications skills and a passion for wildlife are certainly key, and also why it can be such a rewarding role!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at South West Wildlife Fundraising Ltd (SWWFL). Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.1 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

South West Wildlife Fundraising Ltd (SWWFL) Reviews by Job Title

South West Wildlife Fundraising Ltd (SWWFL) reviews by location

• South West Wildlife Fundraising Ltd (SWWFL)