South West Yorkshire Partnership NHS Foundation Trust

Working at South West Yorkshire Partnership NHS Foundation Trust: 28 Reviews

United Kingdom28 reviews

teammanagementworkgoodjobgreattimeworking

Gained some great experience working there, wasn't the right environment for me. Plenty of opportunities to train and develop skills. Plenty of extra bank shift which helped me get more money.

Pros

Fast paced role

Cons

Nights, long hours

Terrible

Bullying, blame culture, too many managers, most of whom do nothing, high turnover of managers, who come in and tell you how they want you to change your job, when the job you’re doing is working and doesn’t need changing, over either, under paid, have to pay for parking, too much emphasis on figures, dotting i’s and crossing t’s instead of caring fir isopod. I could go on and on and on and on

Insights into South West Yorkshire Partnership NHS Foundation Trust

Areas for improvement
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Energising work tasks

Good place of work.

Management mainly supportive and great supportive colleagues. The job can be stressful at times but with support and regular supervision stress is reduced.

Workplace good

I felt supported within ward but hierarchy not so, hierarchy are of a different standard as they don’t work on the wards, staff on the ward are very supportive

Pros

Long shifts

Cons

Poor training

Challenging and rewarding

I worked on low secure. Nursing staff aren’t that friendly to OT, however I found the majority of staff overall to be welcoming. The job is challenging but rewarding also.

Pros

Good pay for overtime

Cons

Long shifts, challenging environment

Great team to work with

Really enjoyed working at SWYPFT - great team - very supportive and excellent manager. Development in role and skills - only left due to personal reasons.

Pros

Free Parking

Loved working for the NHS

My job was in the area of Domestic Violence under the Health and Wellbeing directorate,- Co-located in a local authority MDT .. I worked as counsellor and project officer and with a background in Health I was very happy.

Pros

Excellent professional development and opportunities

Cons

The health and wellbeing service was decommissioned

challenging at times

Employed by SWYT but work day to day for 3rd sector charity Charity place of work not good to work for. not a good work ethic or ethos for staff. Lots of victimisation and bullying from the 3rd sector

Newton lodge

I have worked for newton lodge going on 13years this has been a very satisfying job but until recent years the job has become more demanding also staffing levels always low hours cannot be condensed down to shorter working week as they haven’t enough staff to facilitate this which would make a lot better for my family life

Best Job I've ever had

I started as a Phlebotomist and advanced to a HCA within a year. I left to try another career and have regretted this ever since. I'd go back tomorrow if things in my life hadn't changed so much. Management were always available to listen to issues. I hope to return someday.

Excellent place to work

Staff that are happy to help and work together to get the job done, very supportive and friendly, loved my time at the trust fantastic energy and people willing to help and support especially from the management team

Very stressfull environment

Stresful enviroment never enough staff for the amount of work that needs to be done Long hours Staff lovely and care for clients wellbeing. most work as a team but I can say the Trust don't care about their employees wellbeing your just a number . Once you reach a time where you may struggle with your own health issues they don't care

Pros

Cons

Long hours, short staff daily

Awful

Worked for SWYFT for quite some time but eventually I had to get out. The majority of management diabolical, really did not care about what you had to put up with. Some management quite abusive at times. Some members of staff (on all levels) working themselves into an early grave whilst others shamelessly take the opportunity to do as little as possible (and get away with it due to management turning a blind eye). Workloads not always shared out equally. Witnessed bullying in more than one team. Shame because many members of staff were really great people but it only takes a few bad eggs to spoil the whole environment. Procedures changed regularly but not communicated to all staff, therefore some staff getting reprimanded due to those higher up not communicating effectively. Some staff on lower pay bands than colleagues doing the same roles. Not a good experience at all.

They don't listen

The majority of the staff are hardworking and friendly and trying to provide a level of care in difficult situations. The main problem is management do not listen to their workforce. I know money for the NHS is tight but they tell us there is no money available for extra staff and we have to "find time" to do the extra work of the missing colleagues but in my opinion feel they waste money on stupid things - definitely too many meetings.

Cons

Over worked and under staffed

Brilliant Workplace

Absolutely fabulous place to work, but very limited in job progression and not a lot of direct involvement from higher management tiers. A very diverse albeit small team

Interesting and Varied work place

The role was varied and required working with professionals as well as members of the public. The NHS is a good employer with supportive colleagues and parking included which is always a bonus.

Focused environment

Professional people, although quite slow at adapting to changes and struggles with 'forward thinking!' As do most nhs organisations. Massive, complex organisation.

Excellent place to work

The best place I have worked in Mental Health services. Excellent trained staff and great team work. Opportunities of training of staff and very good induction.

Place of work

South West Yorkshire Trust has been my employer for a number of years, I work with a great team. Currently the pressures on the NHS are preventing us from giving the service our patients have a right to expect.

Pros

Great team

Cons

Poor management

Good

All in all a good trust to work for. Good developmental opportunities. Great staff to work with and good working environment. Canteen facilities are good and all tastes catered for.

A typical day would include day to day management, general admin and delivering 1-1 sessions in the community, this was looking at healthy lifestyles.

Pros

Flexiable hours

Cons

work load

Ask a question about working or interviewing at South West Yorkshire Partnership NHS Foundation Trust. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.4 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare South West Yorkshire Partnership NHS Foundation Trust with

South West Yorkshire Partnership NHS Foundation Trust reviews by location

Learn about South West Yorkshire Partnership NHS Foundation Trust in popular locations