SOUTH YORKSHIRE HOUSING ASSOCIATION
Happiness score is 48 out of 100

SOUTH YORKSHIRE HOUSING ASSOCIATION Employee Reviews

United Kingdom29 reviews

workinggoodcompanymanagementworklotpayjob

A good place to work overall

I enjoyed supporting the customers most of all. I worked within a fantastic team. The only downside was the service manager, she used to sit near me and give me dirty looks!

Pros

The team I worked with and the customers

Cons

Service manager

Awful

No progression, poorly paid, undervalued, bullying from senior management, lack of appreciation, selective with who they promote and do not promote. Very dissapointing.

Insights into SOUTH YORKSHIRE HOUSING ASSOCIATION

Areas for improvement
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Fair pay for job
  • Sense of belonging

Job Nirvana

I love my job, I love working with my colleagues and from the second I walked through the door, the company have been warm, friendly and bent over backwards to make everyone feel included and valued. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend them to anyone looking for a nurturing, supportive employer who really walks the walk when it comes to CPD, work life balance and welfare.

Pros

Pretty much everything you could reasonably ask for.

Cons

The commute to HQ can be a bit far dependent on your location

Collaborative and fun workplace

Great people to work with, very supportive team of colleagues and managers.Flexible hours, agile work. Lots of good benefits. Pay could be a bit better.

Naïve, disorganised & unsupportive

Typical Day - Turn up to your place of work & try and find a desk to work at.Find out the paperwork you have been using has been updated several times in the past 24 hr rendering your work from the previous day/week/month useless or at least in need of amending significantly.Priorities completely all over the place.For example – the first 2 weeks of the job were days away, team building and & long talks -“an afternoon for personal reflection” – which is great if you want to go home early. It’s not so great when you start your actual work which in my case was working closley on a 121 basis with the public - vulnerable people with issues. There was zero Safeguarding Training (essential for my role) & they didnt even have the correct software & setup on in-house systems. Personal Reflection time might have come in more useful after being in difficult situations with clients without the proper training or support. Regarding management – Too many cooks. Different goals & targets with a real lack of communication & consistency.Weak response to workplace bullying & unprofessional behaviours. Ineffective, underwhelming & dated techniques.Staff Moral is constantly low with a high turnaround of staff. Arguments, bickering & belittling dismissed as “teething” and is the norm. Awful. Decisions made in stark contrast to their company philosophy, creating a complete lack of integrity & sending the completely wrong message to staff, which some happily went along with in order to hit targets. Naïve about other support & organisations out there, especially the public sector. Endless red -

Pros

Can’t think of any right now.

Cons

Poor Managment, Bullying, Lack of Integrity & organisation

Poor Management and bullying culture

Worked as a Keyworker and Project Lead. Most staff are poorly paid and on temp contracts. Bullying management culture and if your face doesn't fit your done for. Projects are often pulled due to poor budgets and lots of managers don't have the experience to manage. Support workers are paid less than supermarket checkout operators. Avoid this company like the plague.

Pros

Cons

bullying managment, poorly paid no job security

Great Company

Worked there in Project Management. Couldn't fault the organisation. They truly care about their service users and employees and the work culture is nice.

Highly dependent on the individual department or project

I worked at 3 projects within SYHA, one was incredibly laid back but a bit unchallenging, the second was the best team I ever worked with, the third was immensely stressful. It the strengths of the project leads and the culture of co-workers that form the good qualities, if fairly autonomous they are good places to work - too micromanaged by head office and its overly stressful and poorly directed. Also little chance for development

Modern company with great values

Working for SYHA has been a pleasant experience, staff are supported and encouraged to develop in areas of strength, Flexible working is encouraged. A great network of support from inside SYHA and external benefits available to employees.

Pros

flexible working

Cons

non

Encouraging place to work

Always a joy working with service users. Could be stressful at times but was worth it in the end. The team i worked in though would often not work together and management didn't always deal with this . But overall good place to work. The salary should be more though for the risk of working with client group. Admin workers were on more money then lone working key workers.

Personally rewarding through supporting vulnerable people

SYHA holds high standards of values, through supporting people with a wide range of barriers. SYHA's ethics are clear and also firmly upheld. I created a strong working relationship with Sheffield and Rotherham council. Due to personal circumstances I chose to leave the role.

If I could rate it 0 stars then I would. Worked 70 hours a week, bullied by management. Management extremely poor.

Worst company I have ever worked for. Nothing but stress and headache from this company. Harrassed by management who wanted to prove that they were the top dog even though they couldn't and didnt know how to manage the company, management turned into bullies to prove that they were superior to the front line staff. Worked 70 hours a week instead of 35, worked 28 days straight.

Unfair pay

Very unfair pay scales and some inconsiderate management and ceos, I experienced quite a toxic working environment, not a holistic way of working, doing restructures or nurturing the nurturers i.e the front line workers

Challenging but good job

The days work with South Yorkshire Housing Association, provide a challange and different day every day. However it is a benificial work provider to support those who need help with daily practicalities and increased wellbeing.

great compant amazing staff

just the best company around! Great Staff, good working ethic. Customer focused and supportive. Very forward thinking company and I miss everyone there

Great place to volunteer

I have volunteered with SYHA for over a year now and they have helped me gain invaluable experience working with Sheffield's most vulnerable individuals with drug and alcohol problems. I would recommend anyone wanting experience in this line of work to enquire.

Admin officer

Scanning and uploading clients information onto POSC in house computer system Updating spreadsheets of clients information Checking Emails and sending Emails to keyworkers Updating Livingwell Pathways onto in house computer system

Cons

Flexi Hours

Care about their staff

I have worked for South Yorkshire housing for the last 13 years in total and the majority of my time spent working with them as been good times, however due to a lot of our once supporting people funding projects no longer being funded it has made mine and a lot of my colleagues posts shaky that said they are a good company to work for

Pros

staff benefits

Cons

funded projects have shaky existences

watch your back place to work

rubbish, watch your back brown noses, senior management a joke not a very nice atmosphere as very stab in back culture they got rid of the poeple they dont like

Pros

Cons

everything

great place to work

Friendly working environment. The work load is manageable while still being a challenge enough to keep you engaged. The offices are well equipped. The staff are knowledgeable and there are regular training invents that support your work rather than hinder it.

Pros

Good training

Cons

Competition for promotion is hard

Need to be resilient

Decent pay compared to other providers but you do have a lot of pressures, Constant demands on managers with unrealistic deadlines, Several managers have moved jobs to lower pay scale due to pressures, and higher management unresponsive to this,and several key workers have been put in manager roles without having interviews or skills to do the role effectively. A lot of services closing and in decline.

Pros

Decent pay

Cons

We wre stuck in the past, no funds to keep up with others.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SOUTH YORKSHIRE HOUSING ASSOCIATION. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.8 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement