Southampton Solent University

Southampton Solent University Employee Reviews

Temp contracts were a problem for me, and no job security. Cut backs on staff meant very stressful working conditions. Pay and people were very good.
I loved working for Solent uni. I would love to work for there again at some point. Lots of pros and not many cons really. Of course a lot has changed since 2013 management-wise so take my review with a pinch of salt.
Punctuality was key. I always arrived early and was flexible. I did the jobs that I had applied for and did more when and where I was needed. I learned to be both flexible and available. I learned to interact with people more freely. The management was flexible, organised and easy to get along with. The work culture was that of hard work, flexibility, teamwork and positive feedback. The hardest part of the job was not to get carried away working because it was so much fun. The most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with my colleagues.
Pros
Free lunches, bonuses, flexible atmosphere and friendly people.
great job was very casual and you met alot of different people wish the contract was a bit longer so i didn't need to find another job so quickly the following months
Pros
casual easy work
Cons
ended after a year
I enjoyed working here and i am only looking to move on due to redunancys. I am currently in my second role within Solent but feeling it is not really for me as previously i dealt with students and could see them though.
Pros
aways days
Cons
uncertainty of role
I worked for the university I was studying at for 2+ years as an residences assistant. This job was good fun, it allowed me to interact with other students and developed alot of friendships in the proccess.
Pros
Working with friends
Cons
On Call
I feel valued working here with the disabled students. I schedule additional tutorials to help them progress within the university. I love to hear they have graduated and are more confident moving on in life.
Buena cultura laboral, con grandes instructores que facilitan el trabajo laboral de los nuevos empleados. Mucha colacionar en las ocasiones que se necesitaba ayuda de otros trabajadores.
Loved working here alongside my studies. It's a great way to make money as a university student, to meet new people and to make new friends. You can gain so much experience to take with you into the working world once you've completed your degree. 100% would recommend!
Pros
Free lunches
I learned the hierarchy of working onset and collaborating with a team of creative people to have a coherent vison for the film. I learned a lot about using basic light metering and using false colour on camera
Pros
Teamwork
Cons
Take bookings for a variety of Sport. Deal with customers face to face, via phone calls and emails. Interactions with students from all over the world, the workplace culture is mainly student based. Management could be a lot better. Management not seeing Staff progression is the hardest part of the job. I'd say the most enjoyable part of my job would be seeing how different cultures from around the world interact with each other at the University.
Cons
shift work, management not furthering staff progression.
Since working here, I have been given every opportunity to film, edit and plan projects of multiple interests. I've also been given CV workshops, social media & LinkedIn events as well as a researching seminar.
Pros
Various projects and interests
Cons
Heavy Workload
Fue la mejor experiencia laboral de mi vida, la universidad donde me gradue me dio la oportunidad de trabajar con ellos en el area de marketing internacional con los estudiantes. Tenia un muy buen sueldo y ademas sentia un gran apoyo con mis compañeros ya que se fomenta mucho el trabajo en equipo. Fue un proyecto donde maneje una plataforma para dar apoyo a los estudiantes internacionales nuevos que ingresaban a la universidad , aprendi muchísimo de marketing digital y tambien en administración de paginas web. No tengo nada malo que decir desafortunadamente por temas de papeles y visa no pude continuar viviendo en Inglaterra.
Pros
salario, ambiente laboral, aprendizaje
was a good faculty with a lot of teachers willing to help you at any hour. opening days were in the weekends so you could easily work there if you knew your way around the faculty
It's extremely rewarding to work at a 'teaching' university with a widening participation focus. However, if you are unlucky and you have a poor or bullying manager, do not expect any support or assistance from management or HR. Has just cut 1 in 20 lecturing staff, focussing on the most senior and experienced, giving work to unqualified, hourly paid workers. Has also cut teaching time for students by around 30%, increased tutorial class sizes by 50% and increased fees (since 2012) by 25%.
Pros
Reward of teaching the next generation. Good city location.
Cons
Bullying and controlling management style.
Interesting environment, working with passionate colleagues, requires lots of confidence when talking to new people, jobs suitable for anyone of any skills set
lots of opportunity to gain knowledge and experience. Lovely staff and athletes to work on. Good flexibility with shifts. Overall great internship. would highly recommend.
Everyone is friendly and understanding, willing to help and explain things again if needed to. Jobs are straight-forward and lunch is always provided.
Southampton Solent has been a great place to work, I have worked in a professional environment and enhanced many of my skills and attributes. Furthermore the team are extremely proactive and the atmosphere within the work place is very positive.
Pros
Great staff members
Cons
N/a
I do not wish to write anything about this stop asking me to there is not much to say about it and I hope u understand this is a very stuped system and I dont like wirteing them
I love working at Solent as the people are so amazing and encourage you to work hard. I love being part of a team and everyone feels included in reaching a goal;