Southbank Centre

Working at Southbank Centre: 14 Reviews

United Kingdom14 reviews

Good place to work for students

Nice place to work if student needing a bit of money on the side. Management is fair and you get to work with different people everyday. Not much to complain about the job is pretty basic

Pros

Flexible hours

Cons

Not enough management

A big warm family

Exciting, friendly, fun, diverse, inclusive, loads of opportunities for workshops and training, loads of opportunities for advancement if you work hard. Working as a host and in the offices were both wonderful!

Insights into Southbank Centre

Areas for improvement
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Support from manager
  • General feeling of work happiness

Productive place to work

It was a pleasure to work with all the staff from there, i have learning a lot of new thinks with I will have keep in my mind for long time, i made amazing friends and memories.

Working Environment

Southbank Centre is complicit in racist, homophobic and trans-phobic behaviour of their customers. The audiences they attract are extremely rude to front of house staff, i witnessed many counts of abuse and the Southbank aren't equipped with dealing with these issues. Managers hide behind a zero tolerance policy which they do not enforce. The programming is tokenistic but they do not embody their image of an institution that welcomes everyone.

Great workplace in London's most vibrant cultural quater

Southbank Centre is the UK’s largest arts centre and one of the UK's top five visitor attractions, occupying a 17-acre site that sits in the midst of London’s most vibrant cultural quarter on the South Bank of the Thames. I worked front of house as the bar manager for the 9 evenings of Meltdown Festival at the Southbank centre, curated by Nial Rodgers focusing on supplying artists and guests with beverages and great customer service. Achievements from working at Southbank Centre • Confident with handling large amounts of money • Able to work individually behind a bar

Nice people to work for and good culture

The Southbank Centre were a good creative group to work with and had a variety of challenges for each Festival which I had the chance to work on to progress my career.

Interesting and varied workplace

Great, dedicated and hard working colleagues. Amazingly varied festivals and events. Great sense of team work and collaboration. Good leadership from the management teams.

Fun Workplace

Working at Southbank Centre is great. You are able to be yourself and grow with your colleagues. You are given the opportunity to get involved in different events across all sites.

Southbank

I tend to work at weekends I help answer questions from the members of the public that attend Southbank. Staffs are friendly and gives good supports

Pros

Free tea, coffee and biscuit, free tours and concerts, end of event parties

Amazing work place

Responsible for looking after all the patrons that enter the Royal Festival Hall. Helping patrons with anything they need to be aided with. I offer patrons great customer service. I am a great salesman, whenever we have to sell programmes or food at the SouthBank Centre I am always one of the first ones to sell out.

Lovely staff

During my 5 days work experience placement, the staff in Southbank were extremely welcoming and supportive throughout. I loved how they immediately built a positive relationship with me and the others. I felt relaxed and confident in myself to perform to the best of my ability.

Pros

lovely people

Cons

short time

All round events hall

It was a great place to work but I wanted progression.easy going invironment welcoming not much for the young but lots for the middle class. Has lots of open space great for art and dance.

Enjoyable

It was an amazing experience where I learned about myself and the working world also how to handle what was needed to be done. The people there were very friendly. The most enjoyable part of the job was booking tickets for the public and communicating with them.

Excelent experience

I learned communication and organizational skills, I enjoyed a positive and productive work environment.

Pros

Free lunches

Cons

This was only a temporary position

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Southbank Centre. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.0 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement