Southend University Hospital NHS Foundation Trust logo
View all Southend University Hospital NHS Foundation Trust reviews

Southend University Hospital NHS Foundation Trust

Southend University Hospital NHS Foundation Trust Employee Review

Fast paced

Sit at an available desk, log into a computer, check emails, reply, check messages on the answer phone and deal with them, photo copying or faxing that needs to be done

Pros

There is always something to do

1.0Job security/advancement

Same roleSame location

Lions led by donkeys

Not the best of places to work despite the hype. Too many chiefs and not enough honest workers. A maintenance division who were plainly useless & overworked doctor/nurses/midwives.

Pros

A decent way to help the needy

Cons

An indecent wage & management
Same location

An appealing place to work on paper. Practically? Avoid

I joined the trust with a view to helping people and have really enjoyed working with a variety of patients. I was working in a specialised unit so had to learn new skills. The on the job training was sporadic and not uniform across staff. Some nurses didnt know how certain machines worked or operated as they never used them. Very task focused and not holistic or collaborative at times. Refusing to pick up rubbish because it is not their role. What ever happened to pride? The manager of the unit was dishonest and rude despite a very stressful personal situation. She demonstrated the classic bad management technique of telling people what to do but then not doing it herself. I remember one occasion where she offered to paint peoples nails and I asked and she refused. It is against the policy of the trust to have painted nails. The unit was clicky and I was not made to feel welcome, not being invited out. There was a real disconnect between the theatre teams and outpatients teams. This was really hard to feel like we were "One Team, Working together." I had a nurse berate me and berate me until which point I stood upto her. She went to the deputy manager and tried to complain saying that i had been abusive. I had already spoke to them about her and she was removed. I was assured she would be gone but she was back a week later. She did leave me alone after that. The place is falling to bits in places, water leaking on corridors. Poor standards of cleanliness and management that just don't seem to care. Told me that i was not working within my role but i was. She was -

Pros

Some staff very nice and patient care is so rewarding

Cons

Long hours, poor pay and rude colleagues
Same location

A great place to work.

A great place to work. Good team, good management. Fantastic working hours, holidays and pay. Always supportive if you wanted to learn other work areas.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Southend University Hospital NHS Foundation Trust. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.3Job security/advancement