Southern Health NHS Foundation Trust
Happiness score is 49 out of 100
View all Southern Health NHS Foundation Trust reviews

Southern Health NHS Foundation Trust

Southern Health NHS Foundation Trust Employee Review

Fair employer, lots of progression opportunities and desire to improve

I've worked at Southern Health for 14 years and would recommend it as a place to work for non-clinical (as well as clinical) staff. The Business Management Team that I work within is supportive, friendly and I enjoy my role. I started with no NHS experience as a Project Officer and have progressed to my current role of Senior Business Manager. The role is busy and varied which I love, and you are supporting clinicians and managers in improving the efficiency and effectiveness of the local NHS services. I enjoy being able to work at home as well as in the office - with technology that enables this.

Pros

Flexible working, Lease car scheme, NHS discounts, good salary, progression opportunities, pension

5.0 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Great Team to work with.

A great place to work for in terms of career progression. Great Team support and well managed. I felt listening to and I was treated as a valued member of staff.

Pros

Occasional gifts

Cons

Change in management especially changing to other companies

New challenges

Everyday is different, supportive team and workload distributed fairly. Usage of own care generally starts to have effect as mileage doesn’t cover cost

Pros

Social hours

Cons

Below average pay

Would recommend for place of care, but not for work

Little to no job progression. Managers can be two faced and happily make comments about other staff when they are not present, which can leave you feeling uncomfortable. Overworked comes to mind but also given more/extra work that was is deemed in your job role with no pay review and just expected to do it. Often left feeling burnt out and miserable. High turnover of staff, often feel you get the brunt of it when a team member leaves. Role is good if you are just looking for a role to bring home money up until retirement. Do not see it as a long term/permanent role.Also only good for job security (little risk of you losing your job) and the pension/NHS discounts a bonus. Otherwise, 1 star review in all areas.

Pros

Job security, NHS pension, NHS Discounts

Cons

Management, no flexibility, not keeping to their word, overworked and underpaid, no progression

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Southern Health NHS Foundation Trust. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.0 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare Southern Health NHS Foundation Trust with

Learn about Southern Health NHS Foundation Trust in popular locations

• Southern Health NHS Foundation Trust
  • Fair employer, lots of progression opportunities and desire to improve
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?