Southport and Ormskirk Hospital NHS Trust

Working at Southport and Ormskirk Hospital NHS Trust: 10 Southport and Ormskirk Hospital NHS Trust Reviews

United Kingdom10 reviews

Difficult environment

Difficult environment..some staff taken advantage of whilst others do nothing. Management need to be more supportive and be on top of the huge bullying problems

Difficult place to work

There are a few good people in the Trust who are genuinely trying to improve the culture of the organisation. However, this is outweighed by unprofessional staff and managers who make this cultural change impossible. I spent many years working for the Trust, but due to inherrant and inbuilt conscious bias amongst the senior team and their reluctance to tackle the difficult issues, I decided to leave. However, the Trust need people who are going to challenge the culture, so strong, dynamic individuals are required. I would definitely return to the Trust and need others to support the change that is needed. I would say that as this is a small organisation, staff are expected to work much harder than those in a large Trust.

Pros

Genuine desire for change

Cons

Too many staff and mgrs who don’t want change to happen

Insights into Southport and Ormskirk Hospital NHS Trust

What people like
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Ability to learn new things
Areas for improvement
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
  • Supportive environment

Super friendly

I've got family members who work in the NHS - so I know it's hard being a nurse. It's no different at Southport and Ormskirkbut the friendly atmosphere is what makes the difference here. There are opportunities for those who want to make more of themselves but you will work hard.

Pros

Very friendly atmosphere

Cons

Hours can be long

Bullying is a sad part

Bullying is rife and sadly this is at all levels and by all levels. There are of cause excepts to this but sadly there is not enough of those people. And sadly the lack of staff doesn't help. When everything and everyone works together, then the job is extremely rewarding and you feel like you're making a difference.

Terrible management, bullying is rife

No opportunities for progression, managers not interested in supporting staff to upskill. Active bullying culture unchecked by senior staff. The good, professional staff are swamped by a lot of lazy, unprofessional ones. Students nurses morale very low.

Terrible trust

Allow bullying management think it's nothing and to get over it. Stressful place. HR are the worst department ever. Stay away from catering manager a disgrace. Hasnt got a clue so unprofessional

Terrible management

No support from the management work your butt off for no thanks very stressful unpleasant staff alot of bank and agency staff long hours not a nice place to work cqc should shut it down

No support

I worked at this hospital as a newly qualified nurse for 1 year, I was not supported the ward I worked on was understaffed, I found patients were getting neglected due to staffing levels. I raised my concerns to management and my voice was unheard.

Cons

Unsupported, lack of staff

Really enjoyed the team

The IT team was very united and everybody helped each other when it was required, everyone bringing their expertise and helping otherto develop new ones.

Good as a newly qualified staff member

I found my years at this Trust very beneficial for me to gain experience and knowledge in my core Occupational Therapy skills as a newly qualified OT however I found the career progression and lack of equality between staff difficult for my motivation and continued employment.

Cons

Minimal career progression

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Southport and Ormskirk Hospital NHS Trust. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.2 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement