Sovereign Housing Association

Areas for improvement
  • Support from manager
  • Energising work tasks
  • Sense of belonging

Very stressful moving goalposts blame culture

I have worked my way in sovereign for 15 years 14.years 6mths have been very happy.Now there is no work life balance. Forgotten the importance of the good staff.

Cons

All the benefit we had have been removed. . E pect longer hours

place is going backwords, just a corporate shell with no social purpose

The place has changed massively in the last few years, values have plummeted as its become a corporate shell, losing all its social values. Such a shame but the new direction of the top management.

If your face fits.

Sovereign say that they help with personal development, this is somewhat true as they have a designated team to help you with courses etc. However, they only promote, help with your development truly if your face fits. If it doesn’t, you will be given the same generic interview feedback as they give to everyone. If you are not a ‘yes’ person, if you question anything.. sovereign do not like this.They want people to follow blindly. They do not reward hard work, but instead give you more to do. The salary is embarrassingly pathetic! Terrible even. However, if you are anything above manager level, you will have a healthy looking pay cheque. It seems they don’t care for the lower minions but rather stuff the pockets of the ones that don’t get their hands dirty. I would not recommend

Pros

You can buy more holiday

Cons

Poor salary. No support

good environment

My job is hard but everyone understands that and often we work together for an excellent result. My manager is kind and helpful, even the office's manager always available. My colleagues are very good people and I have a friendly relationship. I am glad to work in that place

Pros

a little breack during work hours

Cons

very good time work

Poor

Contact centre will attract you in with a promise of being able to progress and the company is all about it. Nothing like that will happen, some managers great others shocking (sadly that’s most). Would not recommend working here

Pros

Work from home

Cons

Poor culture

Unsatisfied

I loved my job, and was exceptionally good at it, but found myself scapegoated at the expense of an ineffective manager. Whom denied the fact that information had been passed on, This has resulted in me submitting my resignation.

Cons

Unrealistic expectations, no appreciation, little support. Goal posts moved consistently

Not Impressed

Zero support, more manipulative. Excel in blowing smoke up peoples behinds rather than actually making sure that the proper support is in play. Feedback is always ignored. Blame culture but they pretend there isn’t one. N

Pros

Team

Cons

Management, support, falsehoods

Good culture but upper management do not care

Colleagues and staff were great, really friendly and work really hard however there is definitely and us and them culture when it comes to higher management. Absolutely 0 engagement from those above, feels like a dictatorship/establishment who are there to merely provide lip service and corporate spin.Staff were often overworked and underpaid and there are too many middle managers.You'd probably enjoy it for a year due to the atmosphere and culture but that sill soon wear off, if you must go in and get your years experience then get out.

Pros

The staff were great, really friendly.

Cons

No engagement from Upper management, us and them culture.

Only has places for females

I worked for them for over 18 years. They would all sell there own mother to make a quick fix.Staff do not mean a thing to them, And they treat their trade staff like dirt.

Pros

You don’t need any skills.

Cons

No support

Would my recommend anyone in trade to work there

To much driving , not enough actually hands on work to property’s, rude customer s /tenant on most job and ungrateful for work done to their property most jobs ,

Pros

Company van

Cons

Bad organisation on call out rude women on duties given jobs out

Contact centre was an awful experience.

Very pressurised environment. Was all about stats rather than the tenants. Alot of derogatory conversations about the tenants. Clock watched to the minute including toilet breaks and after call work.

Was great place to work

I worked here for many years and at first it was great, the staff were extremely friendly and we worked as team, the downside is the management. When I started we had a great manager but once she left we got one bad manager after another until we got a temp manager who was nothing but a bully to all staff. She pushed several long standing staff out and many when off with mental health issues due to her over working certain members of staff. It is real shame because this place had the potential to be a great organisation. We also lost a lot of benefits over time and hours were slowly increased with pay deductions.

Pros

None I can think off

Cons

Long hours, over worked staff, poor management, I could go on

Great environment to work in, resident focused and collaborative working

Feel very lucky to work at the Foyer. Although it's a hard working environment and fast paced, it is still relaxed with a great culture and a recognition that each member of the team has something great to offer. Feel very supported by my management who I'm able to come to about anything. Great place to be if you want a place of work that values you, the residents and invests to give you the tools you need to do your job i.e high quality of refurbished meeting areas, technology etc

Pros

Brilliant varied and experienced team

Very good place to work

My team would all meet up at 8 o'clock in the morning at our yard load our vans with either lawnmower or ride on mowers disguse what work has to be done that day . We would receive emails from our patch manager to arrange team meeting to see how we are all getting on and see if there was any problem that he can sort out .and the best thing about the job is working outside.

Wonderful people, good company

a great place to work and sadly had to leave. I was always treated well and the training very comprehensive......................................................

Bullying culture

No work life balance expected to cover shifts at short notice Lazy & un professional manager bullying culture From upper management The foyer ryde a horrid place to Work would not recommend

Pros

Varied

Nice place to work

I really enjoyed my time at Sovereign, the team are hardworking and I gained some valuable skills, they have great support in place and a friendly team. I’m really greatful for the opportunity.

Good

Good place to work and very good income bracket. Structured interview and I would say definitely prepare before hand . Always at least 2 interviewers which could come across intimidating. But fair point system with all interviewe.

Pros

Lovely staff, great wages.. feel good environment

Cons

Can be very stressful and busy

Too many offices to keep track of who is supposed to be doing what

Their heart is in the right place, but in my experience, they have too many offices and parts of the company to effectively co-ordinate with each other which leads to the ball being dropped.

Pros

Ethical

Cons

Frustrating

Awful management

Toxic environment. Awful manager and team leads. Lack professionalism and team leads actually hold no prior management experience. Bullying culture within the workplace. An informal hierarchy. You have to be made of stone to survive at the Foyer. The job itself with a complete fresh new management team is rewarding.

Pros

Fair pay, rewarding job role

Cons

Shift work, poor work/home life balance, awful management, bullying culture, toxic environment

Excellent

Sovereign is an excellent place to work, great abition and drive to deliver excellent Customer Service. Looking at ways through Digital channels to enhance the Customer Expereince.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sovereign Housing Association. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.9Job security/advancement